Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Breaking Bad is wonderful. And I think it has been popular with many countries, like China.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Is it true that you cherry12 - parcticipated in great gangbang of 习近平 while practicing 法轮功

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    The Killing Season 3 is on time. That show has some of the best acting I've seen on TV in a long time.
    That episode that took place entirely at the prison is some of the most intense screen-time (show or movie) I've ever seen. The wife and I had to watch a couple episodes of 30 rock after that one just to get our balance back.
    focus.

Broadchurch was a suprisingly good, modern English who-dunit/cop drama set in a small town where everyone knows each other, i.e. the "killer is among us" undercurrent of the classic who-dunnit fused with a modern cop drama. 8 episode mini series, good acting and a strong focus on the paranoia inducing effect of a child murder in a small community. Features scandalized, burnt out city detective put out to pasture in resort town; his arrival bumps competent but less experienced local cop down the promotion ladder. Having snagged the local's job, the two detective's working relationship/dialogue is rather thorny. Huge ratings smash in UK; Fox Network plans to remake/ruin it into a full blown cop show, see the original.

With all the renewed focus on Sherlock Holmes remakes, I'd recommend anyone who likes that stuff should dig up the Granada TV productions series starring Jeremy Brett. Produced in the 80's and early 90's, some of you may have seen it on PBS 20 years ago but it's so old its probably new to many of you. Noone else did Holmes so faithfully to Doyle's original material as did Jeremy Brett and the Granada production company and the new interpretations kinda suck in comparson to Brett. He really captures the dark humor in how Holmes floats between a self-confidence bordering upon egomania interspersed with periods of drugs, chain smoking, lethargy and extreme cynicism. They got through most of the stories before Brett's failing health ended the production.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 10-16-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    That episode that took place entirely at the prison is some of the most intense screen-time (show or movie) I've ever seen. The wife and I had to watch a couple episodes of 30 rock after that one just to get our balance back.
    I enjoyed The Killing's first season, but it completely lost me in the second season. Is the third worth coming back to?

Quote Originally Posted by stevesmith7 View Post
    I enjoyed The Killing's first season, but it completely lost me in the second season. Is the third worth coming back to?
    Definitely worth it.

Recommend The Bridge, highly.

Hello Ladies on HBO is quite amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

any good stuff around netflix? I've just gone through prison break for the second time and looking for some new old stuff!

what have you been up to?

Suits. Unless been mentioned already.
    "Dad, I can huck that"

Luther and The Fall are pretty good crime dramas. Not nearly as good as Sherlock though.
    MI5 is a pretty decent series about spooks.
    All British dramas. Its possible the accents make the shows seem smarter than they really are.

Longmire is kinda fun.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TGR Forums
    Five minutes into the drive and you're already driving me crazy...

watched the fall and it's different to say the least, I liked it!

longmire, are they back to netflix?

started white collar, but kinda mellow, will see!

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Definitely worth it.

Recommend The Bridge, highly.
    Man, The Bridge?? That thing lingered on my DVR for ages...I just couldn't make myself care! I did end up finishing it. I found it to be way too far fetched for a crime drama.

IDK if I'll be up for season 2...

Bit premature, with only one episode so far, but Fargo has obvious potential ......

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Hello Ladies on HBO is quite amusing.
    So cringe-worthy in such a good way. I love it when your so embarrassed for a character you contemplate changing the channel but can never actually do it as someone digs themselves a bigger hole (Much like the current East Coast Mt Adams hero thread that is all the rage right now in Ski/Snowboard). This show has many of those same moments...

I would also say, although only two episodes in, Silicon Valley on HBO seems to have some good potential.

Also have liked the start of Turn on AMC...

I'm about to start Boardwalk Empire's first episode.

Hoping this is good, but most HBO stuff has been that I've seen.
    whatever I feel like i what to do!

Hugh Conway Guest
    I keep reimaging Boardwalk Empire set in mid-70s Panama City Beach, Florida, telling the story of the Airbrush t-shirt kings. The sweet smell of Cannabis, Budweiser, Farrah Fawcett hair, sunburnt ass. Dazed and confused on spring break. It'd be awesome.

Boredwalk Empire, as is, is ok. Better than many things, but just something missing that grates.

Durham County
    Cult
    Rectify
    Rake
    The Returned
    Rita
    Bates Motel
    Endeavour (Inspector Morse prequel)
    Top of the Lake

Ok, I actually switched it up to Homeland, and am now on the first season premiere. This has been pretty entertaining so far. I would recommend to people that haven't seen it.
    whatever I feel like i what to do!

Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I'm about to start Boardwalk Empire's first episode.

Hoping this is good, but most HBO stuff has been that I've seen.
    First and second seasons are good. Third season wanders around but finally pays off in an epic bloodblath. Fourth season was mostly mediocre. There was a promise that Scorcese would have an active role in the show but it sure doesn't seem like he was involved past the pilot episode, not even as a consultant. The writing gradually gets really unfocused and characters hang around with nothing to do. Principal characters start out interesting and then slowly become painfully dull and full of dumb decisions...So the sad thing is the show starts out as good as it ever gets and slowly loses steam. Sort of like Deadwood. Quit it at the end of the third season and you'll avoid the Boredwalk.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 04-22-2014 at 12:45 PM.

3 year old HBO series are coming to Amazon Prime streaming May 21st or so. I'll probably spring for the $70 or so. Eastbound and Down, The Wire, Veep, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, etc.

Bates Motel is really good
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Bit premature, with only one episode so far, but Fargo has obvious potential ......
    +1.......

Fargo is delivering and then some.