Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Salomon Rocker2

Quote Originally Posted by Elskier View Post
    Lesson for me is not to take anything these companies say at face value and not to use a first year product - especially from a company with no experience/expertise in the space. This is in no way a dig at TC just an observation of how what I have learned has effected me - and hopefully others.
    Being careful with first-year products is all good, also everyone should be skeptical about anything a PR department tells you.

However, there is no reason to lower your standards to the point where you start to expect fundamental and dangerous flaws in any product, first year or otherwise. There is simply no excuse for the complete lack of testing and QC shown in this case.

Wonky walk modes, roving cant adjusters, durability issues, and the like can still be expected and will normally be excused/fixed/replaced with an updated product. Complete failure in critical points, especially for something which has been around for years and years (Dynafit inserts in this case) is not to be expected, is not excusable, can not be fixed and no-one can replace a broken knee.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Totally agree. Negligence is a completely different story

Here is some info on the Salomon Rocker 2 They look pretty sweet. I definitely want to try them. The construction sounds interesting though. Honeycomb with ABS reinforced frame... Full wood core though. So should be good!

John

Catskiing Canada | Heliskiing Canada | Skiing BC Canada

Quote Originally Posted by thejrp View Post
    Here is some info on the Salomon Rocker 2 They look pretty sweet. I definitely want to try them. The construction sounds interesting though. Honeycomb with ABS reinforced frame... Full wood core though. So should be good!

John

Thanks for the info! Those dimensions look money. Not too tapered yet not too symmetrical.

Any word on flex?
    If they flex like the old rocker mmm...

Short radius, camber underfoot... hmmm more competition for the S7 niche. Can anyone read the actual dimensions and sizes? I cant quite make it out. Looks like the long length is 190 or 192 but I cant tell which and is it 122 under foot? Anyone with Salomon connections know when it might be available?
    "I dont hike.... my legs are too heavy"

i sincerely hope salomon makes things right with TC... not only because he deserves it but because I really want to try some of their gear. these and the rumored touring binding sound great, along with some other stuff. too bad.

oh and professor you should be able to click on the picture and enlarge it

the 192 looks like 144-122-134, the 184 looks like 142-122-132.

Quote Originally Posted by ectreeskier11 View Post
    oh and professor you should be able to click on the picture and enlarge it
    Not big enough that I could read it. The print got blurry on my little laptop screen. Or I need glasses

Boycott Salomon until they choose to make it right with the skier they injured. When they do that, they will be in good graces again. Simple, they make the right choice, we change our choice to call them out every time their product comes up....good or bad products.

If you can't take righteous people steering people away from a irresponsible company, head on over to alpinezone and engage with those douches.

Nice to see a range of sizes.

170cm 137-115-127 R26
    180cm 139-115-129 R26
    184cm 142-122-132 R26
    192cm 144-122-134 R26

If the pricing can compete with the JJ and Bentchetler they should be able to grab a good share of those sales.

Rocker2, El Dictator, Czar, Shogun, Sentinel, 2012; Salomon has a killer freeski line-up right now. Though the Czar seems a little crowded by the new offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    Boycott Salomon until they choose to make it right with the skier they injured. When they do that, they will be in good graces again. Simple, they make the right choice, we change our choice to call them out every time their product comes up....good or bad products.

If you can't take righteous people steering people away from a irresponsible company, head on over to alpinezone and engage with those douches.
    How do you have over 1000 posts since Feb. of this year?

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    I am so glad you have been here for 6 months so you could tell me what this place is about

Edit: Now back to the question about availability. My guess is after the first of the year for a mid season release?

Quote Originally Posted by Stikki View Post
    Nice to see a range of sizes.

170cm 137-115-127 R26
    180cm 139-115-129 R26
    184cm 142-122-132 R26
    192cm 144-122-134 R26
    So, the current Rocker is 147-127-137 and has a flat tail. So, they shaved 3-mm off of the dimensions and gave it a JJ rocker effect, but did they make it LIGHTER??? This from someone who owned and liked the first version but didn't think the weight penalty was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    So, the current Rocker is 147-127-137 and has a flat tail. So, they shaved 3-mm off of the dimensions and gave it a JJ rocker effect, but did they make it LIGHTER??? This from someone who owned and liked the first version but didn't think the weight penalty was worth it.
    i'm assuming they did as this would be a horrible ski with the weight of the rocker. that alone would put it in a different class than something like the BC.

I personally did not find the 2010 / 2011 Rocker too heavy. It certainly felt solid though. Really point and shoot with the swallow tail action.

Last edited by thejrp; 10-14-2010 at 07:40 PM. Reason: more info

Just read the fine print "an innovative construction using honeycomb with ABS reinforced frame at the extremities reduces swing weight". Wasn't that how the Atomic Thug was laid up? Sounds lighter for sure, but I wonder how it affects flex?

Tons of companies are now starting to be real concerned with swing weight vs. overall weight. It is one of the reasons for the hole in the Kastle tips, BD does it by making relief in areas of the tip. Many other examples as well. Personally I think it is a great idea. Lower swing weight is easier to toss around without loosing some of the stability of a ski that has a bit of weight to it. Back on the original subject, when can I get some? (Rocker 2s that is)

who is dalton, and how did a boot almost kill someone. just curious.

whats this about a possible touring binding?

search, douchebag!

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    search, douchebag!
    haha, hey douchebag, see my signature.

Interesting to note that Salomon got rid of the swallowtail on the new version of the Rocker...

Seems like Rocker and Rocker2 are different skis, Rocker has big long tips, conventional sidecut, no real taper, whereas the Rocker2 is JJ/S7 like sidecut. Interested to see the camber profile in pictures, you can see Sammy Carlson skiing them in the new TGR film I'm pretty sure.