Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Great news! I look forward to that day!
    Quote Originally Posted by liamy View Post
    I walked a mile!! A whole mile! I never thought that walking a measly mile would be so exciting! Yay!!

7 week post op appointment today. Bones looking good and cleared for PT!! First appointment is tonight at 7pm and now I'm nervous!! Brace has been unlocked to 0 to 90 but no where near getting that flex or extension at the moment. I've attached my original X-ray when I was at the ER. Didn't notice at the time that my femur had been pushed down into my tibia. Also didn't notice the fracture that goes nearly the length of my tib. Ugh. Shudder. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1329341962.985855.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	110312

Hey Ryan, congrats on the start of physical therapy. It will be tough at the start but it will get easier as you go along. I hope you have a good therapist, it makes all the difference. Good luck and stay positive!

Hey everybody,

I had read the TGR forums before but never felt like posting/registering so I just lurked around, even browsing in the gimp section for advice. Low and behold, I got injured.

Well now I am a part of the TPF club, type IV on 1/20/12, which puts me at 4 weeks tomorrow. I got the fracture skiing Vail, went for a little cliff drop (10ft), and stomped the landing which was pretty steep. At this point I was maching under a jump that had been tracked out and flew over some chunder/ice/chunky junk, this is where I lost my right ski. I tried to keep it under control on just my left, lost it, tomahawked a few times, and felt that nasty crunch feeling in my left knee. I knew from the pain it was a bone break and I could felt the huge lump on the left side of my knee. My buds called patrol, I slid down in the "burrito sled" and felt every single bump on the way down. We went straight to the ER, got my X-ray, and was in surgery within 4 hours. I was in the hospital for three nights. Needless to say it sucked. I left with 5 screws and a plate.

The first two weeks post-op were the worst. The pain was pretty bad, and like others have said, the medication is horrible. I was on oxys (75mg per day) and it was making me feel like crap (lethargic, weird sleep patterns, digestive issues like crazy). Luckily I found this thread right after I got home and it was full of great advice. Within two weeks I was off the time release oxycontins and was just using a 5mg oxycodone here and there when it was throbbing. Otherwise I was trying to just use some tylenol to get through it. I had a few bad days without those big oxycontins, some withdrawal symptoms and some pain, but it was worth it getting off those as fast as possible.

Two weeks after surgery I started my PT at Howard Head Sports Medicine here in Vail. I am fortunate to live here and be able get fixed up at such a great facility, not to mention I am thankful for having insurance. The first two weeks of PT have been great and I am making progress. Three visits per week at about an hour per, and it is 1 on 1 with some of the best PTs out there. The furthest I have gotten my ROM was 0-96 degrees, that was two days ago. I am on track to start bearing weight in 5.5 weeks, right now I am just at "toe-touch" ability. My surgeon cleared me to go for it at PT and start getting my ROM back as fast as I can. If you can gain access to the "gameready" ice machine, use the hell out of it. It is a life saver after the PT sessions, sort of an air-cast/ice water circulation machine. I wear a brace when I am out of the house but as of two days ago I am cleared to leave it 100% open.

I still have a lot of stiffness, especially waking up and after PT. I am recirculating icepacks like crazy here at home and doing the home PT sessions by the book. There is still some pain but it is manageable with some OTC analgesic and an ice pack. I know the road ahead is long but I feel like I am off to a good start. Living in a ski town with a broken leg is a pain in the ass, but I am holding my head up.

Thanks for taking a look at my post and listening to my story. I can't thank the contributors of this thread enough, this information here is priceless. Having the positive re-enforcement and the success stories has made a major difference in my recovery. I will conclude with the same advice I received from all the posters above me: stay positive, get off the hard meds asap, eat healthy, stay positive, PT like your life depends on it, ask questions at the Dr. and PT, listen to what your body is telling you, and most importantly stay positive.

Looking forward to participating in the thread,
    Chas

Last edited by chas512; 02-18-2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: adding xrays

Does it take a while for your first post to get approved, I wrote a damn novel up here yesterday haha. Here is to hoping it shows up today.

Quote Originally Posted by SponsoredByDuctTape View Post
    Hey all, thought I'd chime in. I had my own tibial plateau fracture in 2008 (thread called "Season = Over (via major knee injury)"). I had a grade IV/V fracture, medial and lateral meniscus tear, MCL tear and ACL spine evulsion, with a plate and 5 screws. Not that bad compared to some of the pics on here!

I had the initial injury in 3/08 and had the hardware removed in 8/10.

Anyway, I thought I'd share some real world experience and give you some rays of hope. You will likely have to learn to run again. I.e., your leg just forgets how to do it. For a while, I looked like I was skipping when I was jogging across the street. Kind of embarassing, but not the end of the world. I eventually made it back to being able to run with a totally normal cadence...for short periods at least.

Bike riding is no problem. I got into road cycling for a while and did a few longer rides with no issues. Even crashed really good once on the bad knee with no residuals except for a good scar from a rasberry.

I was playing ice hockey when I got hurt, and I'm back to doing that. Been playing once a week for the past two seasons with very little problems.

I've done bootcamp workouts with virtually no problems, boxing classes with virtually no problems, and one or two spin classes per week.

Sure, it bothers me now and then, but waking up in the middle of the night is long gone. I rarely take Ibuprofen - usually after hockey or a hard workout - and I only took pain meds (Oxycontin and Percocet) for a couple weeks after the injury/surgery.

Keep your head up, you'll be amazed at what you can still do if you keep yourself athletic. Move around as much as you can. Keep that knee going. Ice is your friend. I still ice quite a bit just because it feels so good. Figure out the difference between pain and damage. Ask a ton of questions.

There's always a lot of debate about knee braces for athletic activity (as opposed to post-surgery). FWIW, every doctor and PT I've seen has said avoid wearing one if you can. I never bought one and I don't wear one even when playing hockey. Just my experience, and your mileage may vary. Always consult your physician, blah blah blah.

Anyway, hope my experience gives you all some hope for the future.
    Ditto the above. I'm a year and 3 months out from the original injury, and I had some of the hardware removed two months ago (i still have a plate underneath my tibia and 8 screws holding it on. I can "run" a 10k, race downhill and XC on the bike and snowboard each weekend (although I wear a Asterick cell brace on that leg while boarding, more for my peace of mind than anything). My pain level is such that unless I remember to take my "vitamin I", i usually don't unless my activities overwork the leg. I'm still building back the muscle lost during recovery and the knee is uber crunchy, no pain but annoying as hell. I have full ROM however there's a little stiffness involved when reaching either extreme. I consider myself fortunate to have recovered this much this fast, patience has never been a virtue but with this type of break its the norm. P.S. a good sized kicker scares the hell out of me now so I just slide around em!

Hi All

I am also unfortunately one of this club!
    Three month ago a car hit me when I was crossing the street in Irvine, CA. I had clavicle fracture and some other tiny fractures but my main problem was in my right knee. I had a type I tibial plateau fracture. It was not a complete fracture and so doctors decided to not surgery. After three weeks my first doctor with an stupid mistake told me to walk. After two weeks he saw my CT and he told me that I shouldn't walk
    I consulted with another UCLA doctor and he told me that I need surgery (two months after injury) so I had surgery and I am now 4 weeks post surgery and I have my next follow up next week and I hope I can walk or at least drive because I am phd student and I have so many problems ... I see this thread every day and I am thankful of all hopeful stories.

Post operation
    Last edited by abcde; 02-20-2012 at 02:36 PM.

7.5 weeks post op. Had my first PT appointment this week. Measured 50 degrees flexion, 12 degrees extension. Got a long way to go. But at least I have an offical starting point and finally exercises to do and something to focus on. I return to my OS in a month and he said I can start bearing weight while still using both crutches. Longest month of my life....still in pain, stiff, not sleeping throughout the night, hate crutches, have mini breakdowns once a week and long to have my old life back.

duct tape and two fuels, thank you... I just got refused by medicaid so I was feeling really depressed not knowing how to think about things. On the one hand the doctor who did the surgery is an artist and I owe him a great and immeasurable deal of thanks, on the other, he alone decided that it might only be bankruptcy lawyers who get paid. --and that being unable to pay his fee, that I take the mechanics of it straight through to the grave no matter what. Medicaid's doctors found substantial impairment, but since the treating physician refused to write a statement of dissability, medicaid denied me. This means 45k written off because if I paid them every cent I earned over seven years I'd just about pay them off. I'm sad because of that, and that it means the end of treatment, no hardware removal, no pt...just me and my crying lurch and a city bus driver who smiles and tenderly calls me crips. I was never a sad old olympian forced to retire, but those feats of non competitive athleticisim (my ten speed mostly, and the vegetable garden and rock and roll show,forced friend paid ticket trips sleeping in deserted barns) really kept me feeling alive in a messed up world. Its like, the numbness when I pray is actual now --it dosen't feel safe on my knee(s) and it swells and hurts so much yet my doctor said I'm cured. Its great to hear that it might continue to improve on its own. I am dancing and walking a few hours every other night or so, lots of waking and cuddling with the space heater trying to remember it could be so much worse. Back when I worked many consecutive 80 hour weeks I never had time to understand all I'd never be able to do. I was well managed by immediate forces. Pain is nothing like that, it won't be ignored, I have so many new wrinkles from watching the time go by, the people around me get younger and younger replacements and I wonder why I don't dissapear like the rest of the people my age.

waahh waaahhh... what you said about a brace made sense... I don't wear it anymore, I noticed when I took it off it was worse than before I started... besides, my stability is pretty darn good... I do still wrap the calf muscle and shin in a cheap neoprene waist trimmer -- it really keeps the swelling down. I know it will all be okay, afterall, I am love, and I am loved. Besides, I never felt a real day of pain in my life, you could ask my mother, she'd agree, as she tried to kick my crutches out from under me on the stairs that first week! I musta said something really awful. Compounded.an obvious claim on the misery that was rightfully hers I did...tell me a lie, any one will do.
    Last edited by sudyshewo; 02-19-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Lateral Tibial Plateau Fracture w/ PCL.

Hi all,

This is my first post. I've been lurking for the last few weeks, but finally decided to post. I'm 41 and was injured while skiing in Colorado on 01/14/2012. I hit a patch of ice while going rather fast and crashed and burned. I cartwheeled down the mountain, chipped a tooth, hit my head, and broken my leg.

The diagnosis was a lateral tibial plateau fracture with 2mm of compression. The fracture was in 3 pieces. My ortho said technically it was a Schatzker Type II, but it looks more like the picture of a Type III, where the inner portion of the tibial plateau is compressed inward towards the foot.

I had x-rays and a CT scan. At first, the ER physician said, "Well, the good news is that you haven't broken any bones." However, after further examination, she ordered the CT scan while revealed the tibial plateau fracture.

I've been ordered NWB for 6 weeks. I'm on week 5 and have about a week to go. I started some PT 2 days ago. My ortho examined me 2 days ago and after further examination stated that he thinks I also have a partial tear in my PCL.

I did not have surgery, and the ortho indicated that he didn't think surgery would substantially improve the injury. That being said, I am hopeful that I will heal quickly. Certainly, my injury isn't nearly as bad as some of you on this forum.

I've spoke with a couple of orthos and one thing they all seem to agree on is that I will have osteoarthritis in about 15 years. I'm extremely active and used to be a triathlete and still swim, run, and bike, quite frequently. The thought of having osteoarthritis in the future, and possibly having a total knee replacement in 20 years or so, is not a good one.

From what I've read and understand, once the articular cartilage is damaged, there is no way to repair it, except ACI or stem cell implantation. Are we all screwed to suffer with progressive degenerative osteoarthritis in the future after these types of injuries? What can we do to restore the cartilage? Anyone done ACI or stem cell implantation? What are the chances of a full recovery to running? How long must one wait? My ortho says 4 more months before running, but I'm thinking much longer than that....

Thanks to this forum, it has given me hopes in the dark times. I wish all of you a fast and full recovery.

^^^32 y.o. male. I had a Type VI last April and still cant run....or walk up steps. It all depends. You will likely get arthritis, it all depends on how smooth the tibia plateau is and your meniscus damage. 10-15 years is a long time and there are good cartilage therapies in the pipeline...
    60% of the time, it works every time.

Hi Everyone,
    This is also my first posting and I have found this forum extremly helpful. I had a lateral tibial fracture in July of 2011. I'm 48 (47 then) and the doctor said my quick recovery was due to being in good shape. It sure didn't feel like a quick recovery though. It was 3 months before I could start putting any weight on it and then I did PT 2X per week for the next 8 weeks. I was really diligent about doing all the stretching several times per day. Pay attention that you exercise your good leg as much as the bad one. One of the things I did in PT was to practice balancing on small rubber pillows. I don't know what else to call them. I bought a couple at a local sporting goods store and I still use them. Balancing on them seems to strenghen the innermost muscles of my knee. I like to ski so this was important strength training excersize.

The skiing hasn't been that great this year in the northeast so I haven't missed too much. I went a couple of times in early February and then went during President's week. I was able to ski for about 2 hours, took a break for lunch and then ski for about another hour. It didn't really hurt, but it ached and I was really nervous about falling. It's hard to know how much is due to my physical condtion and how much is just plain fear of getting hurt again.

I've returned to doing spinning 2-3X/week and weight lifting 1-2X per week. I have tried getting back into light running but I find that the most difficult. Has anyone else my age had this and been able to return to their previous skiing level and running level? It's now been almost 7 months since my surgery. Oh I had a plate and 5 bolts put in.

cartlidge sight don't know what they are selling though

I read it once with some intrest and concluded there is nothing I can do but self sand. I am afraid of crossing over some kind of overuse threashold but its early.
    on legs... my 'good' calf lost 5 inches, my bad one 7... consequently my legs look normal ish now instead of like abnormal tree trunk things. I am out of shape though, I got winded stomping and wringing my laundry out in the bath today. I'm a TED order chooses not to have a washing machine. Conservation is good for the body. Still drink me some coffee though.
    the link the link don't forget the link... http://www.cartilagehealth.com/acr.html
    i read in there someplace that you can grow a new scar type cartlidge that holds up for ten years or so in some people.

I had my 6 month check up today. Level VI, 3 plates and 19 screws, everything holding up fine. The problem with having a OS in a large city trauma hospital is you never get to see the same Doctor every time. I have only seen the actual surgeon once, all the other check ups have been with the resident on staff at the time. Today was no exception, the doctor I met with has a lot to learn about his bedside manor. I had two major concerns, I cannot walk up or down a flight of stairs with out major pain, and when sitting or laying down with my leg bent I have major pain when I straighten my leg. I was told that this is the best it's going to get, that I should stop with pt and just go about my life and be careful. I have been through hell and back and this is the answer I get from a doctor that up until he entered my room only knows me by the X-rays I just had. He told me when the pain gets bad enough that I want to do something about it that I can come back and get a steroid shot in my knee. He then told me when things get so bad that I can't take it anymore, we can talk about knee replacement.

He told me that everything I was going through was "normal" and it can take up to 2 years before things get better. I said you just told me this is as good as it gets, and now you say things will get better but it will take a couple of years. I felt that he thought I was second guessing him but I was trying to understand what he was trying to tell me. I gave up after that, I am going about my business and if I need to go back I will make an appointment with the surgeon that put me back together and if I can't see him I will find another doctor. I bought a exercise bike today so I will use that everyday along with all the other exercise's and stretching I do every morning and evening. I am not going to let that doctor visit get me down, I will move on from here and do this on my own. This has been a hell of a roller coaster ride and now I am ready to get off. I am grateful to be walking and back to work. I am going to work hard to get back to some of the other activities I enjoy by summer time. I have learned a lot and I am ready to move on. Thanks to everyone on this site who shared there stories and there feelings, and advice, it has helped me get a lot. I am signing off for good and putting this whole experience behind me. Thanks again and good luck to all!!

8.5 Post Op; Type VI TPF; 2 plates and 12 screws....update to those who care..

Started PT finally last week. My initial measurements were 48 flex, 12 extension thanks to 2.5 weeks in an ex fix and 2 weeks in a cast so over a month of immobilization. So after 3 sessions I am measuring 70 flex and 0 ext. The issue that I have is the transition between flex and extend..its so stiff and painful to pump my leg back and forth. My brain is so fixed on protecting my knee that it takes me forcefully telling my knee to move until my other knee that just moved as a reflex. I hope that things losen up with time and work it just sucks to be patient. Still not weight bearing, next appointment with the OS is in 2.5 weeks.

I am 5.5 weeks post op and allowed partial weight bearing. Actually my doctor told me that usually 8 weeks need for bone to heal but because my fracture was small I can put weight earlier, My next visit is on week 7 and I hope to walk after that.
    My ACL also has been torn so I need another surgery in following months. All about this injury was my worst experience in my life (I am 25), Most of my problems was emotional and feeling lost my health, but there is always light and God is great
    Wish you all speedy full recovery.

2 weeks ago, I had never heard of a TPF. Now, 1 week after injury (rock climbing), I'm waiting for surgery in 5 days. Sprained MCL and Lat. M tear but think those are self healers. Great forum although a depressing one. As I sit here on day 7 since injury, I can't imagine that the "count down" to recovery and weight bearing hasn't even begun. Gimping around now without pain, but try to be good and use crutches. Quite a range of injuries and recovery rates in this forum: crossing fingers to be in the "easy" group and walking before 10 weeks. Have Tough Mudder in July that I'm determined to at least be able to walk my way through. Thanks for all the info: any suggestions on how to make the crutches/no weight bearing thing more bearable would be appreciated.

Mamakin4 you found the right group of people to help you thru or at least understand you pain. If you post what your OS tells you someone will probably chime in with some advice. These guys and gals have been an inspriation to me. One thing you better get used to is asking for help. That part was probably harder to get past than the sheer boredom. Catch up on you movies, books, knitting or whatever you can do to pass the time. Research the physical therapist in your area. Find one that believes in hands on and get started as soon as possible. This makes a huge difference.
    Keep us informed on your progress. Good luck with your recovery.
    thanks
    jesse

Quote Originally Posted by mamakin4 View Post
    2 weeks ago, I had never heard of a TPF. Now, 1 week after injury (rock climbing), I'm waiting for surgery in 5 days. Sprained MCL and Lat. M tear but think those are self healers. Great forum although a depressing one. As I sit here on day 7 since injury, I can't imagine that the "count down" to recovery and weight bearing hasn't even begun. Gimping around now without pain, but try to be good and use crutches. Quite a range of injuries and recovery rates in this forum: crossing fingers to be in the "easy" group and walking before 10 weeks. Have Tough Mudder in July that I'm determined to at least be able to walk my way through. Thanks for all the info: any suggestions on how to make the crutches/no weight bearing thing more bearable would be appreciated.

Hey All,
    I play amateur pro hockey in northern B.C, and seven weeks ago I had a knee on knee collision and got a displaced TP fracture, the crack was approximately 6 inched long and was just about completely sheared off. I had a plate and 10 screws installed, they started ROM PT the day after surgery and I have been going to PT about twice a week since, while doing home exercises 3 times aday. At the 5 week point I had 100% extension and 115 degrees of Flexion. I still have swelling that will eventually go away, I am still not aloud to bear wieght I see the surgeon for the first time since surguery in 2 weeks( do to the fact that the surgeon is 3 hours away) I am wearing a Generation 2 Knee brace and the surgeon set it to 0 on the extension and 90 on the flexion the flexion has now been moved up to 105 so progress has been slow but positive.
    Mentally I am going out of my mind, my mind was playing tricks on me while I was bed rested for the first 4 weeks so I went back to work on light duty, I keep my leg elevated and I don't leave the office so it has been ok but I am starting to get tired of being dependant on others.
    Did any of you slip on your crutches and have to put a little bit of pressure on your leg?
    I am hoping to be playing hockey again by the fall, I have a great Sports injury PT that says its possible, we just have to get past the none wieght bearing stages.
    Keep as active as possible your body will break down if you don't, because I was bed rested for the first 4 weeks I ended up going from 207 pounds (hockey playing wieght) to 178 pounds (it didn't help that I had the flu in the first 4 weeks)
    I am glad I found this forum, I felt very alone and now I have some people that can relate.

I have been non weight bearing for 11 weeks now and I've slipped 3 times and as a natural response, I've put my bad foot down. Once I was in a Vicodin fog in the middle of the night and I panicked. The other two times were just from losing my balance. All times were quick and I prayed that I didn't do any damage. Weirdest feeling ever.

Amy
    How is it going now? Haven't seen you posts so I assume you went back to work and getting normalcy in you life?
    I got a release from OS to return to work Mar 26th. Still limping some and walk like a duck at times but no cane and not much pain. I have 4 more PT sessions scheduled to help me get a more normal walk. I actuall logged 6.5 miles on my pedometer a few days ago. About a week ago my leg felt much much better. It is still painful the first 10 minutes or so after I get up and gets sore in the evening if I log over 3 miles on the pedometger. I can't wait to get back to work. I am sure that will change a few weeks into the grind?
    I know you had a rough time of it with ROM etc. Hope you are doing good. I know without your advice and a few others on this board I would have went crazy by now.
    thanks
    jesse
    Quote Originally Posted by liamy View Post
    I walked a mile!! A whole mile! I never thought that walking a measly mile would be so exciting! Yay!!

Ryanrene
    I slipped once in the closet on crutches @ week 5 but did no damage. I just knew we would have to have surgery and start the 12 weeks NWB over but it was ok. Didn't put all my weight on it so I guess that is what saved me. So glad that fear is gone. Just trying to get thru the awkward gait stage and regain my stamina. It is a long road.I think I am thru the tough part now. Hang in there it just takes effort on your part to do the therapy and time. Patience has never been my strong suit but you have no choice.
    thanks
    jesse
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanrene View Post
    I have been non weight bearing for 11 weeks now and I've slipped 3 times and as a natural response, I've put my bad foot down. Once I was in a Vicodin fog in the middle of the night and I panicked. The other two times were just from losing my balance. All times were quick and I prayed that I didn't do any damage. Weirdest feeling ever.

I'm a 51 yo skier, runner, hiker.

Had a pretty simple PTFx on 1/16/2012 while skiing fast and slipped on some ice. To avoid hitting another slipee, I tried to stay upright and hold an edge to slow down/stop while ending up skiing backwards. When the edge caught in some soft snow I felt my right leg (lateral knee area) pop. Pain was moderate but not acute. I got up, tested a little weight bearing and made the decision to ski the rest of te way to the bottom (it was a low-intermediate groomer the rest of the way...). Was hoping it was a sprain but the feeling of the pop told me I was being overly optimistic. Went to the E-room that night and got the bad news. Lateral tibial plateau fracture but not displaced (thankfully).

Here's the x-ray from the first night
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xray.jpg 
Views:	639 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	111594

Saw an ortho the next morning and he scheduled surgery for 1/20/2012. I went in at 7am and was home by 11am.

Post op x-ray:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Post op xray.jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	111595

Spent about 10 days on the couch icing and elevating. I was able to drive and get around on crutches after that.

It's now been 6 weeks post-op. I gradually increased weight bearing and worked on walking straight and being very deliberate with my steps. I graduated to a cane at about 30 days post-op and now only keep a cane handy for balance issues.

I have a follow-up with the ortho on Thursday (3/7/2012) at which time he will prescribe formal PT and probably order an MRI to make sure there's no other soft-tissue damage that he didn't see before. I have been doing very light leg extensions and squats. No hamstring curls yet. Muscle atrophy is going to be the biggest hurdle to recovery.

I can go up and down stairs normally if very slowly. That has also been a big part of my personal recovery plan.

I was a fairly avid runner prior to the injury but don't plan to return to that activity any time soon. Will take up biking when the snow and ice is gone for good this year. Hoping to be able to hike a lot this sumer, but worried about the trips down. My real goal is to be able to ski starting in November.

Like others, my knee continues to swell as the day goes on and if I'm upright, the swelling migrates to my ankle and swells around any constriction (athletic knee brace, socks, etc.

All things considered, I'm pretty lucky that my break didn't displace and my recovery so far has been pretty rapid. Still, I'm being careful not to push too hard as I don't want any setbacks getting in the way of my mid-November skiing goal.

Hi Jesse. I'm still here, I've just been quiet
    I finally started work last week. It's so nice to be back! I only do 6hrs/day twice a week for two weeks, then three days a week. I have three months to work up to 12hour days. I'm doing some education projects that put me at a computer half the time and walking around the hospital half the time. I've been clocking in at 3-4 miles while I'm there. It seems like it should be more! I'm sore at the end of the day but feel back to "normal" quickly. My foot and ankle have flared up again and making my limp alot worse. I spent a long weekend down in sunny San Diego and found that my new knee loves the warmer weather. I'm looking forward to summer!
    6.5 miles?! Good for you! I'm jealous
    I'm still struggling with getting extension but it's so much better. I can definitely get it straight, it just doesn't stay! I have some stretches that my husband helps me with and it seems to help. Some days it seems straight as can be and other days it seems so bent. You know the story, good days followed by not good days.
    So, only 4 more PT appts? My Pt says he's never treated anyone along as me (my last one said that too). Does your insurance limit it, or does PT think you've had enough? I can't imagine not going to PT any longer. It's (unfortunately) become a part of my life!
    Take care....amy

Quote Originally Posted by 97r82 View Post
    Amy
    How is it going now? Haven't seen you posts so I assume you went back to work and getting normalcy in you life?
    I got a release from OS to return to work Mar 26th. Still limping some and walk like a duck at times but no cane and not much pain. I have 4 more PT sessions scheduled to help me get a more normal walk. I actuall logged 6.5 miles on my pedometer a few days ago. About a week ago my leg felt much much better. It is still painful the first 10 minutes or so after I get up and gets sore in the evening if I log over 3 miles on the pedometger. I can't wait to get back to work. I am sure that will change a few weeks into the grind?
    I know you had a rough time of it with ROM etc. Hope you are doing good. I know without your advice and a few others on this board I would have went crazy by now.
    thanks
    jesse