I HATE THE FUCKING DENTIST

I can't feel half my face - but when they actually drilled the anesthetic on the right hadn't fully kicked in so I could feel the drilling And now I can't fucking talk, I can't eat, I can't drink properly and it's difficult to breathe through my mouth. FUCKING DENTIST.

Rant over...

edg

You think that's bad?

The fucking dentist's bills could well have nixed my Christmas break to La Grave. Now that's a bitch.

Pffft. Everyone knows you guys don't actually go to the dentist. [/obligatory English-bad-teeth joke]

SaAaH (and not one to talk),
    d.

Quote Originally Posted by bad_roo
    You think that's bad?

The fucking dentist's bills could well have nixed my Christmas break to La Grave. Now that's a bitch.
    That is a bitch indeed... Have you not being going to the Dentist enough and lost your benefits, or are they just forcing your to pay nowerdays? (I had to pay extra for white fillings - got a white filling 4 years ago for free. Stupid fucking partial privatisation)

Sigh, evil dentist men

edg

I thought we were all dentists?? Should have done a bit of DIY.

I had to get a crown fitted at the back. I figured I'd go for the white shit, but the crown alone came to £500. Even the work involved with the amalgam crown was nearly £300. I went for the metal look. It's at the back and I can always swap it out for a white crown when I inevitably miss a season having my ACL reconstructed.

Like Roo said, it hurts a lot more when they make you pay through the nose for it... Once you leave edumacation they start making you pay unless you are on benefits. Another bummer of not being a lazy, tax-siphoning, layabout student.

You guys don't even want to talk dentist with me. Although, I've found that anger towards dentists is usually off base. For example I've been pretty pissed about the tooth I snapped skiing last year. The fee to fix it right originally was $3300 (post, crown, flipper, etc). Now it's up over 6 grand. The tooth was broke during an accident, not neglect or bad hygiene. I was wearing a full-face helmet and a mouth guard. I had medical insurance and I now have dental insurance. You'd figure if you smash your face up in an accident (be it skiing or a car wreck or whatever) that medical insurance would cover it (so long as it was a medical problem and not purely cosmetic). Well it was medical, infections, bone loss, the grafts that are coming... But nope they don't cover anything. The mouth guard had a dental insurance guarantee. I'll call about that...nope they don't cover skiing accidents, they also wanted a coach or referree to write a letter documenting the incident. Yeah right. So now it's time to approach dental insurance. When learning more about dental insurance I became pretty well pissed off. Insurance on the whole has serious gaps in coverage. So it turns out that the yearly maximum per person on dental insurance is $1000 (the max amount for most insurance plans). This number was hit in 1960 and has stayed there. Premiums continue to rise, but the amount they'll pay out never has. They won't even cover procedures like mine so I get no benefit. All they'll cover is cleanings and help pay a portion of cavities. So in other words dental insurance as it exists now is merely a payment plan for check-ups. Insurance is supposed to be there to cover catastophic events (such as mine). That simply doesn't exist anymore. There is no such thing as dental insurance. It sucks. Be careful with your teeth when you're out there. I'd taken every precaution I could and still got burnt, but I'm sure things would be much much worse had I not been wearing a mouth guard and full-face lid.

In a couple of weeks they'll be taking bone from my lower healthy jaw to graft into the upper part of my mouth. That's going to suck.
    Last edited by meatdrink9; 11-05-2004 at 10:17 AM.