Thread: Avy Ed Survey

Avy Ed Survey

Forwarded on from AIARE

“Provide some feedback and advice to avalanche educators by taking this short survey. Thanks in advance. Feel free to post this link in any other relevant site.”

Click on link below to take part in this short survey:

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22AK295EVS7

Thumbs up

good survey and always worth the time.

did it.

god damn I wish avy classes were not so spendy.

I have my beacon shovel probe and avy 1, almost 2kUSD.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    did it.

god damn I wish avy classes were not so spendy.

I have my beacon shovel probe and avy 1, almost 2kUSD.
    How did you spend 2K on that? You can do it way cheaper than that.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Perhaps he means a CAA Level 1. Those are more like our Avi I, II, and then a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Perhaps he means a CAA Level 1. Those are more like our Avi I, II, and then a little.
    Yes.

Wish there'd been an entry for "have taken classes, and do a shitload of supplementary reading and education"

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Im aware of that but since he mentioned USD I assumed he was talking a US level 1. But then again you know what happens when you assume.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

No, Aaron, you are right. Avi I here in colorado was almost 500 adding in lodging and travel.

Beacon, 450
    probe 60
    shovel 60
    sweet avalung pack 150

alright, not 2k, but I guess I was still looking ahead at avi 2 and about 500 plus travel and lodging as it is a multi day class.

Avi 1 it seems I could have learned from a book, as I have decent BC experience. I practice beacon searches with a partner when i can.