Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    For anyone who is tired of fun,buffed, flowey trails, Lenado to the bottom of Reudi via Rocky Fork is Clear of trees for the most part. There are only two large ones next to each other on the second part of the ride where the stream is to your right. It was really overgrown and the bottom half was a thistle/nettle nightmare today.

Lenado to Merideth via Miller divide trail is totally clear of trees and is a really nice ride. If you start on the Lenado side going down Rocky fork, the fork for Miller divide is in a meadow after the first stream crossing(not the small stream at the start of the single track), about 1/4 mile down the trail. If you enter pine forest, you have gone too far. It is packed down grass and goes steeply uphill to the right for a hundred hards and then levels off on a nice traverse the whole way. It goes past some old mining structures. When you hit the jeep/atv road on the Meridith side, take a right and go down hill. It is pretty steep and rocky in places. At the bottom, after two small stream crossings, stay left and avoid going right into a meadow. There is a new landowner there and he doesn't like people crossing his land. Take the nice dirt road down to the inlet at Reudi rersevoir.

Going up from Merideth, going out Miller Divide to Rocky fork, and taking a right and going down Rocky fork is a good ride that does both trails. Be aware that the bottom of Rocky fork is a weedy mess though. About a 4 hour ride. There is some hike-a-bike on the ATV trail going up. After the second stream crossing the atv trail enters pine forest and climbs more. Where it levels off and turns right, look for an overgrown road with plowed up vehicle barriers. Take it for about 150 yards before it is totally log free. The fallen trees in this section are there to dissuade ATVs from going on the nice trail ahead I think.
    They aren't new land owners. This was a USFS issue until recently. They don't have the resources to keep that road open to the public....

Do you have gpx or kmz files?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I guess I was wrong about the owner. for some I thought it was a new issue with a new owner, since I've been riding that trail since 1987 and never had a conflict with a landowner. We ran into an old timer above the campground in 2013 who lived his whole life around Reudi, and pre-dated the reservoir. He gave us the heads up about the private land conflict, but I have not had any conflicts personally up there. How did the forest service deal with the issue? We rode it recently, and saw no closures or gates, and there is a new access road up the drainage which doesn't go to the meadow near the houses. The jeep/ATV road going up is in terrible shape though, and it is obviously not seeing much traffic or maintenance.

I had to look up GPX and KMZ files on line to see what they were. I don't have them.

Where do you guys ride with your dogs, in the RFV?

I'm moving back full time in a year and I'm looking for my final riding place. I ride or tour/XC with my dog everyday and I prefer to leave from home or at least, as short of drive as possible.
    Right now, I really like the areas between West Sopris Creek to Watson Divide.
    I was just about to make an offer on a place that backed up to the Crown, off of West Sopris and found out it has a county 1041 restriction against dogs.

I've seen people with their dogs riding the Crown, but is it legal or at least tolerated?
    What about Hay Park?
    There's a trail I found just west of Little Elk Creek off of East Sopris, LSD?

Anyone have any experience with Sopris Mountain Ranch?
    It's expensive and has high HOA fees, but it looks like paradise to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Where do you guys ride with your dogs, in the RFV?

I'm moving back full time in a year and I'm looking for my final riding place. I ride or tour/XC with my dog everyday and I prefer to leave from home or at least, as short of drive as possible.
    Right now, I really like the areas between West Sopris Creek to Watson Divide.
    I was just about to make an offer on a place that backed up to the Crown, off of West Sopris and found out it has a county 1041 restriction against dogs.

I've seen people with their dogs riding the Crown, but is it legal or at least tolerated?
    What about Hay Park?
    There's a trail I found just west of Little Elk Creek off of East Sopris, LSD?

Anyone have any experience with Sopris Mountain Ranch?
    It's expensive and has high HOA fees, but it looks like paradise to me?
    I'll do the crown if it's super early, and I know I won't see many people. I haven't around hay park, but that'd be a good candidate. I usually bring the pup up Basalt Mtn, because it's not very busy and there is some water for him to drink and wade in.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

How long does it take to get there from your place in Missouri Heights?

My wife likes Missouri Heights, but it just doesn't look like there's a lot of public land up there, on which to MTB?

How long does it take to get there from your place in Missouri Heights?

My wife likes Missouri Heights, but it just doesn't look like there's a lot of public land up there, on which to MTB?
    I can take you on a quick tour up there some day. It's 7 miles from my house to the trail head, I usually drive, my old neighbor Brian used to ride... with a dog I'd drive.
    There is a rad house down the street for sale on Kings Row you should check out... our views are pretty nice

Basalt Mtn has 3 trails down, and I ride the road up... Usually to Mill Creek. Then there are some options across the river to the north that is really nice.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

The views up there are spectacular! 157 Kings Row?

I'll take you up on the ride sometime. I just left Monday and may not come back out till ski season.

Thanks for the info.

The views up there are spectacular! 157 Kings Row?

I'll take you up on the ride sometime. I just left Monday and may not come back out till ski season.

Thanks for the info.
    Yes, and anytime...

I even have a place for you to 'dispose' of that play set....
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com