Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Nitro and I were thinking that could be great next week or so.
    Once the trees get cleared. Right now it ruins the flow.... but Powerline to Stark's was $.

Good to know, will try to get up there on Tuesday...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Snowmass = muddy and sloppy for now... if it doesn't rain much it could be great tomorrow evening.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Snowmass = muddy and sloppy for now... if it doesn't rain much it could be great tomorrow evening.
    Might get over there once this week and definitely Saturday for the gondola.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Might get over there once this week and definitely Saturday for the gondola.
    I'll be trying to do connector to the elk camp side some point after work this week and ride on Saturday as well.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Forest Hollow and Boyscout were as good as it gets last night around 6pm. All the moisture has made all of the foliage grow in very quickly. It is like riding through a lush green tunnel.

Snowmass is riding very well right now... nice and tacky. The new version of Adams Ave trail is going to be pretty fun!
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

I rode Sunnyside two nights ago... It was good up until 4 corners, with only a little bit of mud, but it was full bath after that with lots of downed trees. Was able to ride over some but still had to dismount about 15 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Knockneed Man View Post
    I rode Sunnyside two nights ago... It was good up until 4 corners, with only a little bit of mud, but it was full bath after that with lots of downed trees. Was able to ride over some but still had to dismount about 15 times.
    Thanks for the intel...

Roll call for Elk Camp gondola on Saturday? I'll probably be there most of the morning depending on what happens with our meeting with the wedding caterer.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Good riding with Nitro and Funken on the Elk Camp Gondola... Snowmass Way (Adams Ave) is riding pretty good... needs a little more work but great for opening weekend. Too bad I double flatted on the last run
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Good riding with Nitro and Funken on the Elk Camp Gondola... Snowmass Way (Adams Ave) is riding pretty good... needs a little more work but great for opening weekend. Too bad I double flatted on the last run
    Ghetto tubeless.... do it! And yea, we need to rake some of those rocks outta the way. Loooooooooose....

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Ghetto tubeless.... do it! And yea, we need to rake some of those rocks outta the way. Loooooooooose....
    Was running tubeless with some stans in there.. put a hole in the front and the sidewalls on those rears were just too soft. Picked up an ardent 2.4 and a crossmax 2.25...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Was running tubeless with some stans in there.. put a hole in the front and the sidewalls on those rears were just too soft. Picked up an ardent 2.4 and a crossmax 2.25...
    Ah, nice. I can see that trail eating up regular xc tires.

Funken....I think I found a spot I like on the suspension. Went 40 up front and 140 in back. It rode great! Felt good to have my suspension somewhat setup!

Thanks for the intel! AND nice to finally meet you.

N

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    Funken....I think I found a spot I like on the suspension. Went 40 up front and 140 in back. It rode great! Felt good to have my suspension somewhat setup!

Thanks for the intel! AND nice to finally meet you.

N
    What's Gravity Logic's plan?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

What's Gravity Logic's plan?
    werd. The Snowmass Sun article has me intrigued:
    "The other two trails will be attractive to downhillers. One will descend from the summit of Elk Camp, and the other, which is being designed by a company called Gravity Logic, will descend from the top of the gondola and include a lot of manmade features. Those trails will give riders a different option than the downhill-style trails on the west side of the mountain that they now need to climb to access."

tindy,

I'm looking for the article now and I'm not seeing this quote. Can you cut and paste or link to the whole article and I will comment. What I am reading here only sounds about 50% right.

I was under the impression that the trail known as the "Boy scout trail" is in reality the Scout trail, with no "boy" in the name. I remember reading a plaque a few years ago, and there might have been some mention of indian scouts or something. Can anyone confirm?

Nitro,
    That whole bottom section of the Snowmass Way trail is off of USFS :0

Let's get something going!

The new berms are looking OK....
    Government to Anaerobic to Tom Blake to shuttle worked well!
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Nitro,
    That whole bottom section of the Snowmass Way trail is off of USFS :0

Let's get something going!

The new berms are looking OK....
    Government to Anaerobic to Tom Blake to shuttle worked well!
    What's the e-mail so I can request downhill bike traffic only signs?

And we really need some of these.
    Last edited by funkendrenchman; 06-25-2010 at 05:48 PM.

Great looking corner. What kills me is that I cannot think of one mile of legal single track on USFS land in Pitkin County which is open to dirt bikes, but great trails like this can be put in for Mountain bikes. I would like to advise all two wheeled fans to let our county commissioners know how you feel about the Hidden Gems wilderness proposal (hopefully you oppose it). The wilderness advocates are working hard for the CC's backing.

Just to clarify, that corner is nowhere near Pitkin county.

My mistake, not that it really matters. I thought previous entries linked it to the Snowmass area. Still, I hope people are opposing the hidden gems proposal as it will limit future bike trails.

Here's the link to full text. I guess it was ADN, not the Sun:
    http://www.aspendailynews.com/section/home/141054