Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jay-zee View Post
    ++vibes++
    WWMD JONG!?

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post

I'd put a vote for Golden over Revelstoke, way better in bounds and good sidecountry, less rain (or at least rain is usually below the alpine).
    ?
    In Golden there is a good B&B right directly across the street from the overwaitea food store ,also there is a BC liqour store and a good coffee shop just around the corner ... damn near everything you need

I am pretty sure buddy will even let you smoke cigars in his garage around his wood stove ... I seem to remember he did

doesnt less rain = less snow ... IME it sure does at sunpeaks & apex alpine ?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    To all you super wide rippers: its not my fault or yours that I learned to ski powder on 208cm skinny skis...
    So did I! And with cable bindings and lace-up leather boots. (But you're probably too young to remember that kind of gear.)

Now my powder sticks are 112 mm underfoot, or a snowboard. I also don't drive a 1974 Pinto any more.

....its not my fault or yours that I learned to ski powder on 208cm skinny skis ....
    208's?

I didn't think mens skis came that short back then.

Pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by TeCeBe View Post
    208's?

I didn't think mens skis came that short back then.

Pussy.
    You're right, back then the Whistler locals had just finished GLM and thought that their 195s were long. Meanwhile the Tod MT. rippers were on 222 DHs.

if I had to ski Whistler's rain soaked coastal slush....
    I fucking hate whistler's rain soaked coastal slush, fucking shit.

^^photo shop Everyone knows you took those at Todd Mtn!

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    ^^photo shop Everyone knows you took those at Todd Mtn!
    fuck, busted!

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    I'd put a vote for Golden over Revelstoke, way better in bounds and good sidecountry, less rain (or at least rain is usually below the alpine).

What are real estate prices doing in Revy lately anyway?
    +2. The terrain is the reason I live here not Revy.

Well that and I am redneck at heart and fit right in here.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

[QUOTE=Eldo;2851191]So did I! And with cable bindings and lace-up leather boots. (But you're probably too young to remember that kind of gear.)

You have just described my first pair of skis, purchased in the mid sixties when ChedoKe (sp?) Golf Club put a chairlift and two t-bars up the Mountain (actually part of the Niagara Escarpment) in Hamilton Ontario.

Thanks for rekindling some great memories for me. About 350 vet. IIRC and you could take a city bus to go skiing. Night skiing mid-week student was 50 cents and the lifties were city workers who normally worked at the City owned GC in summer. No one ever checked my lift ticket so my first season pass cost 50 cents. It was a great start to my so far life long ski bum career.