Maggot Infestations: Cool at Mammoth, Not cool at home

On the way home from Bear this weekend, I got a slightly hysterical phone call from my wife:

"Anti!!!! There are maggots on the bathroom floor!!!!"

At first I wondered if maybe Punani and Tuffy had dropped by and passed out in the bathroom. But that seemed unlikely, since none of you guys know where I live (and I intend to keep it that way ).

Apparently we have somehow ended up with a minor (so far I've flushed 10 -15 of the little guys) maggot infestation in our house. I've been picking them up with toilet paper and flushing them, but Mrs. ASCS also stepped on a few (while wearing shoes) and reports that maggots are crunchy on the outside and squishy on the inside. We had a large house fly buzzing around earlier, so I suspect she's found some standing water (likely in the bathroom, we have a leaky shower) and laid some eggs.

I tried taking a picture of one of the little guys, but they're too small (~1/4") to focus on with my cheap camera. However, here's what they look like:

http://www.shazzie.com/raw/articles/graphics/maggot.jpg

thats pretty gross.

ewwwww, gross
    Math illiteracy affects 7 out of every 5 people.

maggots - "crunchy on the outside and squishy on the inside"

You might want to check for any hidden "food sources" as I believe flies lay their eggs where the maggots will be able to feed. Possible food sources could be dead animals or food waste.

We once had racoons in our chimney. One or more of them died in there and sure enough, we soon had flies and maggots in the house as well.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.