TR: Utah-->Central Oregon (Three Creeks Lake Backcountry) 3/17/10-3/24/10

I've always wanted to go to utah so after finals we drove overnight to arrive thursday in SLC.

After settling in at a friends we went and hiked a few runs outside snowbird to close out the day.

Day 2: headed up to Solitude..coming from oregon we couldnt get over the amount of in bounds terrain. With a half inch over night, we were hoping for better conditions but couldnt argue with consistent sunshine.

After skiing a full day at Solitude I noticed I lost another 2 bolts from the sole of my Tecnica Agent AT (lost 6 total and replaced) the soles were done for needed replacing before heading back to Oregon. So I called Backcountry, they gave me directions from little cottonwood canyon and ended up with a pair of Scarpa Spirit4 which fit perfectly. Thanks Backcountry!!!

Day 3: headed up to snowbird with 3" of new. Again, coming from oregon, those 3" were some of the best snow I've skied.

My friend was stoked to see his cousin competing..

some more shots from the day..

After snowbird we drove back to Portland, swapped buddies and headed up to Three Creeks Lake Backcountry..

3/21/10

3/22/10

Awoke the next day to 6-12" of fresh and bluebird

First run in the Playground

our guide Jonas dropping in

with 10 people along Tam Mcarthur rim, there was no shortage of open bowls. This was a favorite among the groups; The Orchard

My dad rippin his new Billy Goats

Sadly, this line never got skied. I'll be coming back for it

We worked our way over to the edge of the rim, skiing every bowl on the way over. NE Aspects were prime and snow was blower all day

Our guide Jonas and the sisters

Closed out the first day with this run. Couldn't believe my eyes after our guide dropped in..too bad the light is crap in this photo

Bacon for dinner, bacon for breakfast

3/23/10

After touring the length of the rim and back we stuck to my favorite zone, The Playground.

First line of the day

Clear skies dried out the snow overnight..

Jelly Roll, 3rd day of sunshine and the snow stayed great

This is Three Creeks Lake first year with the Yurts and I've never had so much fun skiing. We couldn't have timed the snow any better. Some of the best snow I've skied along with bacon and beer waiting in the yurts after a long day, doesn't get much better

hope everyone enjoyed the photos.

Nice man. I really want to check out those new huts they've got up there. After hiking around Tam MacArthur a few years ago, I've been wanting to get back in winter ever since.

Sick lines and sick pictures