Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Gardiner, Mt is a sweet town. I lived there for 2 years. Definately hit up Boiling River. Blue Goose Saloon and the 2 bit saloon in Gardiner are sweet bars. Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone area is great and some sweet backcountry hikes that offer off the beaten path views as well as some hidden hot springs, mud pots.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Score some meth in Livingston and hit the Keno machines.

But srsly, do the boiling river. And go rip the beartooth pass. It won't disappoint.
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    The short hike to an intermittent geyser that looks down on Old Faithful, (best view of it).
    You could be thinking of Solitary Geyser, although i'm a big fan of the view from Anemone and Little Anemone, up on Geyser Hill.

Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Ccard257 View Post
    1. bring bugspray
    x2.
    This is where the amateur mosquitos go Pro, I would even advise getting one of those head nets to walk around in around dusk/dawn...

What month are you going?

Doin the Yampa next month too...hooray fo me
    So local it hurts...

We are leaving mid June and going until early July.

HotCarl, who are you floating with?
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.

Chico Hot Springs in the Paradise valley, nice meals downstairs, grill food by the pool, live music on weekends, historic and cool spot.

You should have some good fishing on the firehole before it gets too hot, and with this low-snowpack year you'll probably hit good fishing on the Lamar/slough/soda side as well. I'd highly suggest Blue Ribbon Flies in West for more info on park fishing.

pm me if you're thinking of fishing in Montucky, I get over on the Yellowstone River a fair bit come summer.

I wouldn't bother car camping in the Park, that'll have as much ambience as the West Yellowstone KOA. However, just 1 1/2 miles north of West is a Forest Service campground called Baker's Hole, right off the highway and right on the Madison River. Camp there and procede to hike upstream 100 yards into the Park for some of my favorite wading flyfishing in the world! Big brown trout come out at night and tear up the riffles! One can get a shower in West Yellowstone at the local laundrymat just inside city limits on the same highway as Baker's Hole campground (I believe its Hwy 20). Also, check out a summer biathalon, should be one going around your time frame and they will let anyone who wants participate and will more than likely provide a rifle. It has been a few years since I did the biathalon thing so some research on the web might be warranted. Don't bother wasting your money and time at the Grizzly Bear/Wolf rescue place, I was not impressed. Your mileage might vary though.
    More cowbell!!!

In the Greatest Nation on this Amazing Planet
    Quote Originally Posted by F.D.V. View Post

Marrying a woman who loves what you love makes you one lucky man. I wish you both the time of your life. Now just get used to saying "YES DEAR" over and over again.

You could be thinking of Solitary Geyser
    I was.
    But it's all good.

I lived there for about 5 months in 90, the place has changed a lot though.

1. I'll second the fairy falls hike. but also make the trek to Lone Star, I think it's a better trip personally, although you'll see fewer things.

2. Full moon night at Riverside geyser, look for a moonbow.

3. Don't join the IPOF club, they really cracked down on that shit.

4. One of the more beautiful hikes I did was on the north western side of the park, go north from West Yellowstone, look for Specimen Creek. Take specimen creek trail up to Shelf Lake, there was an obsidian beach there that was amazing. I think it's 16 miles round trip, but a really nice hike.

5. Climbing: There was a lot of buildering to be had in the park, particularly near Old Faithful. I ca't count the number of times I was chased off of the snow lodge, or from the top of the gas station there. I spent WAY too much time on the boulders called the Hoodoos, about 3 or 4 miles south of Mammoth. Back then there was a loop road through some white rocks, the biggest ones were bolted, maybe 5.9ish or so. A fair amount of bouldering to be had there.

Also, we used to bolder near Madison, on the firehole river, just above Firehole Falls, off of Firehole Canyon drive. Last time I was there a whole bunch of no cliff jumping signs had been posted (darn shame, it's a fun jump!), but nothing prohibiting climbing adn falling into the river.

Also some stuff near Slough Creek near Tower, boulders and a low cliff line. I don't remember a whole lot about that area..... I thought the rock at Hoodoos was better, and was a shorter drive for me.

Oh.. there's a glacial erratic near Yellowstone Falls, it even has a sign that says "Glacial Erratic". A couple routes should have chalk on them if it hasn't rained, good for some stretching after a long drive.

Have fun, I'll be up that way over July 4th...

Quote Originally Posted by F.D.V. View Post

HotCarl, who are you floating with?
    Scored an early season private permit again!
    So local it hurts...

Be careful, I got married in Ennis, MT , honeymooned in area and divorce proceedings began 2 months later...
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Word

Quote Originally Posted by HotCarl View Post
    Scored an early season private permit again!
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.

2nd on taking the Wife to Chico Hot Springs.

Quote Originally Posted by spudbumkin View Post
    Baker's Hole
    Pretty sure its hard-side only these days, tourons love it and so do the grizzlies.

Pine Creek Cafe is about 25 min north of the park. Its a super laid back place with a great crowd. Check it out on bluegrass Thursdays, a bunch of Bozeman guys come and play. Ned, the owner is a hoot, and the food is way more interesting than the typical meat and potatoes Montana fare. Pine creek campground is nearby, tucked into the foot of the Absarokas. It might be less crowded than the yellowstone camps. Pine Creek also has cabins, ask for #2, don't ask why there is no #1.

Again, Chico Hot springs, big soaker, old school hotel rooms. Sunday morning brunch there is phenomenal, great mimosas. Chico is about 15 min north of Mammoth.

The boiling river is sweet, but go early in the morning, I hear it gets crowded if you go during the day during peak season.

Emigrant is one of my favorite peaks in the area and the approach is pretty simple. At least take a drive up that road if you want to get away from the crowds. It is about 20 min north of Mammoth.

Whitewater rafting out of Gardiner can be fun.
    I love big dumps.

I cannot believe somebody has not suggested bear threesomes, poopenhausen, etc. You guys are losing it.

Yellowstone is top on my to-do list...not necessarily honeymooning but just generally going there. Suggestions here sound great. Have fun!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

They did, maybe you need to work on reading comprehension?

Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite View Post
    I cannot believe somebody has not suggested bear threesomes, poopenhausen, etc. You guys are losing it.

F.D.V. - If you need specific fishing info in or around the Park closer to your departure, feel free to shoot me a PM...I'll get you dialed.

If it fits in your schedule, spend a little time in the Bechler/Cascade region of the Park. Day hikes and angling is possible but an overnight works best.

Also, a hike to the headwaters of the Snake, in the southern part of the Park, is well worth it. Fishing can be excellent and far less anglers than other major rivers in Jellystone.

Yeah but what about bear-threesomes? Huh? What about that?

Losers.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ