Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    The video and pretty much this whole thread shows why we need a woman president.
    BTW the best way to shame someone when he gets in your face over nothing--whether you did it or not--is profuse, over-the top apology and solicitude. Embarrasses the hell out of the asshole for making a big deal over nothing and ends the confrontation without bloodshed and with you feeling good. Now if I could only take my own advice.

Classic. Bonehead move spurs bonehead response serves up boneheaded non-fight and lots of feather ruffling. How 'bout a plate of perspective and a cup of shut the f--- up?

I get protective of my kids, but there's no reason to get all "wish I were Chuck Norris so I could destroy your ass" on folks....Be nice!
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

My .02 based on others comments 1. Maybe they were all idiots, but skier Dad made sure to prove he was the biggest idiot
    2. They weren't jibbing on the cat track because they can't handle the park, as mentioned earlier...dude seemed pretty solid on his board
    3. Maybe it makes you look like a Jersey Shore whatever to take your shirt off, but it sure as hell gives you a huge advantage if you are going to throw down to be shirtless. Just to clarify for those who have limited/no fight experience...A shirt to grab onto gives you all the leverage you need to put someone's nose through the back of their head. I haven't been in a street fight since I was about 13, but have fought a lot on the ice. A kid I fought in Junior took his jersey and shoulders off as we squared off once...I did not do well in that one.
    Last edited by booner; 03-11-2010 at 09:17 PM.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by srface_hoar View Post
    Since you don't understand the skier/boarder code I will spell it out for you.

1. Always ski in control and in a maner where you can avoid a collision with others.

2. Do not jump blindly into a crowded run

3. When overtaking a downhill skier/boarder it is the uphill ski/boarders responsibility to avoid the downhill skier

4. When you act like a punk, expect people to call you out on it. Too bad skier dude was such a pussy.

If you can't see why the boarders were a-holes from the start, I now know why more people act like this. By the way, the skier was almost as big of an a-hole and should have never pushed him.

As far as the kicking comments go I will give you a quote from Toombstone

"Fighten's commenced, either get to fighten or get out"
    1) I did not see any collisions. If anything, the kids were the problem. If they needed to be slowed down, perhaps the fear was that they might hit one of the boarders. The video is not clear.

2) I did not see anyone jumping blindly. It is possible that they were, but not from the video I saw.

3) Once again, I did not see a collision.

4) Where is this on the responsibility code? I have not seen it. The boarders may have been a bit careless, although that requires some degree of speculation. The punk here was the skier dad.

Having irrational fears about the safety of your children does not justify that losers' behavior. If you don't understand that, you are not enough of an adult to have kids.

If you are not past your 'fighten' days, you are not ready to be a parent.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Wow.

Bunch of retarts all around.

No one was in the right there. Everyone there was a total douche.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

This is fucking retarded all around but I'd be interested to see these guys post the footage they cut out at around the 15 second mark.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

If he sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. It's the Chicago way.

Douchebags, the lot.

You notice hairy-back didn't start stripping down until Dad clipped back in and started to leave.

While there has to be way more to the story than shown on film (the beauty of editing is you only show those parts you want), Dad sure didn't need to get up in the boardhead's faces. Much better to make the takedown look like an accident. "Sorry dude, I caught an edge. Oops, didn't mean to drive my pole thru your hand either".

Quote Originally Posted by UGASkiDawg View Post
    Why the hell not? Once the blows start anything is fair game to put a man down. Fighting is a very last report but if you are going to fight then end by any means necessary fast.
    EXACTLY!! That is why I always carry a gun! It would of went
    Snowboarder takes off his shirt.
    BANG! Snowboarder drops!

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Rule #1 - don't start shit you aren't prepared to see through to jail or the hospital.

Note to skiers: you'd better knock a boarder out before he gets his board off cuz you are gonna get destroyed trying to fight in ski boots, you got no balance or footwork.
    I guess you have never been kicked with a ski boot.

I have not gotten through all the posts yet.

But from that video it appears to be a pretty wide cat track. I never saw the doppy boarders come more than 1/4 of the way back into the cat track, so seem like there was plenty of room to avoid them.

The Skier Dad really crowded that boarder before he hit? pushed him over.

If I had been behind that shit show and saw that happen? Not sure but I think I would have had to do something unkind to skier dad. But maybe not
    I have never actualy seem anyone do that on a mountain before. I would probably have gone to patrol and been very instant that they do something.

The snowboard dude undressing to do battle? How GHEY IS THAT?
    If I was in Ski Dads Shoes I wodda Poped him when he had his hoody over his head.

To summarize:
    Quote Originally Posted by Crass3000 View Post
    There are no rules in a fight. If you go in with some list of things you won't do the other person probably isn't going to be following them. Fights can be pretty dirty and if you don't fight to win you probably should stay far away from them. As far as old fucks, I've found older people usually fight more dirty cause they have been around the block.
    Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Wow.
    Bunch of retarts all around.
    No one was in the right there. Everyone there was a total douche.
    Quote Originally Posted by mwthomsen View Post
    Only 2 Goals if you end up in a fight
    1. End it as quickly as possible.
    2. End it in a fashion that minimizes your exposure/risk to physical injury.
    Quote Originally Posted by UGASkiDawg View Post
    Why the hell not? Once the blows start anything is fair game to put a man down. Fighting is a very last report but if you are going to fight then end by any means necessary fast.
    I agree with everyone above.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    you most likely live right behind my house here in arvada, so I won't say too much....but grow some balls....only pussies kick with ski boots on you fucking gaper.
    Don't worry, my balls are all growed up and fully formed. That's why I know that there are NO fair fights, ever. Especially ones that I am in. As for gaper...nice troll JONG.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Buckwheats....for all asshats!
    Feeling anxious, a little paranoid.

"fair fight" brings almost as many lulz as the video, this might be a two beer thread!

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    My .02 based on others comments 1. Maybe they were all idiots, but skier Dad made sure to prove he was the biggest idiot
    2. They weren't jibbing on the cat track because they can't handle the park, as mentioned earlier...dude seemed pretty solid on his board
    3. Maybe it makes you look like a Jersey Shore whatever to take your shirt off, but it sure as hell gives you a huge advantage if you are going to throw down to be shirtless. Just to clarify for those who have limited/no fight experience...A shirt to grab onto gives you all the leverage you need to put someone's nose through the back of their head. I haven't been in a street fight since I was about 13, but have fought a lot on the ice. A kid I fought in Junior took his jersey and shoulders off as we squared off once...I did not do well in that one.
    Hey I've been in hockey fights too. course neither of us could skate worth shit so when we started swinging we just drifted apart and no punches landed. Glad I don't ski around any of you folks, I hope. None of you sounds like much fun.

Tell you what I'd do if I was on that cat track...

The dad knocks down the boarder for screwin round on a cat walk? Fuck that shit man.
    If I was the boarder group I would have come up, stopped and checked his ass to the ground.
    I'm just trying to protect my kids?
    I'm just trying to have fun.

douche bag dad needs to shut the suck up.
    If he cared so much why not just stop for a bit. Or it could have been a perfect time to teach the kids how to haul ass through a cat walk.

Retarded. Thats all that shit was.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck View Post
    "fair fight" brings almost as many lulz as the video, this might be a two beer thread!
    Glad I could help, I know it has kept me laughing pretty hard all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

When toolboxes collide.

I'd like to see the raw footage.

In the 25 seconds leading up to the boarder getting shoved, I see several near-hits where those dumbasses got in the way of other people (and themselves) on the cat track, or otherwise interfered with other skiers not in thier group.

That traverse is one of the busiest cat tracks on Blackcomb, especially when it is the only way to access Crystal zone. It's not the place to be doing that shit.

Last December I got clipped off while barely moving by some ass clown doing stupid pony tricks like those retards were within sight of the Roundhouse, and I spent the night in hospital, unconcious, having seziures, and on vital sign monitors as a result. So those guys can go fuck themselves. It's one thing to hit a kicker straight on, and land it straight, it's another to hit it and swing out into the path of everyone afterwards. That kinda stupid shit really, really pisses me off now (edit: actually it always did).

That said, Skier dad lost the moral high ground the moment he shoved the boarder. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Basically, as others have said no one was in the right in that video.
    Last edited by Shaggy; 03-12-2010 at 12:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post
    Splat did tell me he liked his pussy like he liked his ski boots. I guess he meant dank, stinky and a bit packed out.

If you are not past your 'fighten' days, you are not ready to be a parent.
    Seriously?

...A shirt to grab onto gives you all the leverage you need to put someone's nose through the back of their head. I haven't been in a street fight since I was about 13, but have fought a lot on the ice
    Hockey fights and real fights are not one and the same. I used to love it when some one would grab hold of my clothing, it takes away their ability to punch with that hand and opens up an advantage for twisting them into a pretzel. Grabbing hold of some ones clothes is not always a good idea, unless your on skates and need the balance I suppose.

If I were there, I would have just hit the guy in the black jacket for being a fucking idiot, maybe a pole handle to jugular? But in all seriousness, it really wasn't that big of a deal, it is something you see all the time riding around a crowded mountain. If the father was that concerned he should have just found a patrolman and let them deal with it.

doughboyshredder Guest
    srfc hoar sucks dog turds

and is stupid

downhill skier/rider has right of way, buttering, jibbing, etc... is fun, and not against the skier code. This douche and his family come from behind and start yelling at the kids for having fun. All that is necessary is a "passing on your ......" Kids handled it a hell of a lot better than my crew would have when we were young. In fact, I actually remember a few fist fights at the hill back in the late 80's.

My favorite part was when the douche skier says "you're doing it wrong". LMAO.

Back to kicking. When I have had to square off with someone of similar size and intention, a couple of leg kicks is a great way to feel out your opponents reach, skill and ability. If he lunges forward swinging wildly, one quik tap on the side of the head usually ends it. In mma, not so fast sometimes. ( helmet boy makes a very nice target, be fun to throw him off that drop off to the left)

Kicking is real and dangerous, ask Frank Shamrock!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipWNbhcsBL4&feature=related"]YouTube- Frank Shamrock vs Cung Le Highlights[/ame]