Boot sole length/binding adjustment question

I just changed out my boots and the old ones bsl is 305, and the new ones have a bsl of 301. Is it worth adjusting the bindings?? Or would leaving them be okay??

Definantly do it, especially if you are charging or dropping anything. The shop didnt set my bindings quite right (some bullshit about my skis being to wide) and they kept prereleasing because the foreward pressure was 1 notch to loose, and they have been solid since I changed it. It may not seem like much but it will make a difference.

Yea I just changed 'em. Less than half a centimeter doesn't seem like much on paper, but after lookin' at them closer it is a pretty big difference. Sorry for the jongish question.

Found this thread by searching but still have a question. Looking to buy second hand skis with Marker Griffon 12 bindings drilled for a 334mm boot. My boots are 328mm. I know fuck all about this kind of thing truth be told so would welcome any advice. Would I be able to adjust them slightly to make them fit my smaller boot?

^^^ depends on where in the adjustment range they're set currently; if they're all the way forward (i.e. all the way "small") you'd have to remount. If they're in the middle / back, you should be fine. You can adjust most bindings at least 20mm total (so 10mm forward / 10mm back from the midpoint).

LOL at OP moving binding mount 2mm maybe....

dominici

yes... you can move it, you'll just be mounted slightly forward on that ski probably.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

301? are you a ladies size 8
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd mate View Post
    301? are you a ladies size 8
    Ahaha actually a dudes size 8.5