PSA: Amtak Social & Digital Networking Job

Friend of mine who works PR for Amtrak just sent me this listing hoping I knew some interested parties...

THE SAFETY OF OUR PASSENGERS, OUR EMPLOYEES, THE PUBLIC AND OUR OPERATING ENVIRONMENT IS OUR HIGHEST PRIORITY!

Position Title: Coordinator, Digital and Social Media
    Department: Government Affairs and Corporate Communications
    Posting #: 90117318

INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL APPLICANTS

SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Assist in the integration and coordination of digital and social media with Amtrak’s Corporate Communication’s goals and strategies. Particular focus on helping manage content and expand functionality of Intranet site, maintaining digital image library and identifying and implementing social media tools designed for internal and external audiences. Help educate senior management, departments and others across the company on incorporating relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture.

EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Business or other related field, or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.

WORK EXPERIENCE: Some digital and social media experience within a corporate, public relations agency or government agency environment. Experience developing and carrying out digital and/or social media communications initiatives, utilizing communications channels such as Intranet and social media sites, streaming video, podcasting, blogging, Internet forums and other vehicles to integrate with traditional internal and external communications programs. Experience across the digital space along with an understanding of corporate communications, interactive technology and marketing messaging and tactics.

OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must be committed to staying on top of emerging technologies and developing new programs and strategies accordingly. Demonstrated ability to create and execute digital and social media communications tools and strategies within a large organization. Ability to identify opportunities to integrate digital and social media with employee communications programs that fit within Corporate Communications strategies. Must be detail oriented and a strategic thinker with excellent project management skills.

COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Superior oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required. Strong leadership skills, and ability to work independently or as a team with minimal supervision. Ability to successfully interact with a broad range of personnel within a corporate environment. Must exercise discretion at all times.

SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.

TRAVEL: 20%

SALARY RANGE: $56,000 - $71,000

YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 4-7

AMTRAK EMPLOYEES MUST COMPLETE A JOB OPPORTUNITY APPLICATION TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.

Applicants should submit their resumes to hremp@amtrak.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Applicants should submit their resumes to hremp@amtrak.com.
    Dude, if you like totally take out the "r" in that email address, it becomes hemp@amtrak.......

Sweet!
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

Tipp is tubby like a caboose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Assist in the integration and coordination of digital and social media with Amtrak’s Corporate Communication’s goals and strategies. Particular focus on helping manage content and expand functionality of Intranet site, maintaining digital image library and identifying and implementing social media tools designed for internal and external audiences. Help educate senior management, departments and others across the company on incorporating relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture.

1. Surf the web
    2. Spend some time on facebook.
    3. Think up some reason it makes sense for the company to pay you to keep surfing the web and facebook.
    4. Find cool pictures and get somebody to host them.
    5. Explain #1 - #4 to management.
    6. Go to lunch.

I could do this job.

Travel 20% of the time to surf the web from more exotic locales?

I figured TGR would be a decent place to generate interest.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

1. Surf the web
    2. Spend some time on facebook.
    3. Think up some reason it makes sense for the company to pay you to keep surfing the web and facebook.
    4. Find cool pictures and get somebody to host them.
    5. Explain #1 - #4 to management.
    6. Go to lunch.

I could do this job.
    You can totally do this job. It's what I do, except I ski & travel more than 20%
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...