Simms StreamTread Beta needed

So my wading boots are giving up. I am looking at the Simms Rivershed, which you can only get in the new Vibram rubber StreamTread sole. Who has these and how do they perform? I am currently running a studded rubber sole but can swap to a felt for float trips. Yeah, my friends bitch about studs in their boats, pussies. I can get them on ProForm so please do not post links to felt versions. First hand reviews on the StreamTread would be very helpful. Thanks.
    P.S. I do plan on getting the star studs if I get these for walk wading.

no deal would make me buy these. everything i've heard from people who have used them and i trust says the vibram simms soles are terrible. the star cleats make them bearable.... but still suck compared to felt... and are scary on anything but clean gravel. anything slick, forget about it.

if you're gonna get them, star cleats are neccessary... but suck if you want to fish on someone's boat (you can remove them which is a positive i guess).

I am interested in some more feedback on these as well.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

[ame="https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159511"]Here[/ame] is an earlier thread on StreamTread soles.

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Denny1969 View Post
    Here is an earlier thread on StreamTread soles.

Dennis
    I posted some positive reviews in that thread, and for the most part I still feel good about them, but by late fall they seemed to start slipping more. I still don't think I'll go back to felt, but I will likely pick up some star cleats, and leave them in the jeep just in case.

I'm also not sure that felt would have prevented my slips, since it was likely my fault. When flows drop I tend to pay much less attention to how I wade.

Basically after a season, I'm still a fan of StreamTread but becoming more skeptical. I guess I'll see how I feel in higher water this spring.
    BEWARE OF FEMALE SPIES