Review: 2011 Line Prophet 115

Me: 5' 8.29546" 170 pounds from planet shred. Ex sumo racer, ex gs wrestler. Former champion of the world, agressive nordic skier. ski length 186cm

Similar skis I have been on: Obsethed(last few years), Mothership85,95, Prophet 100, prophet 130... lots of others but these would be the closest.

Conditions: ass sucking. Anyone who has skied the Canadian Rockies in the last few weeks knows what I'm talking about. Not ideal conditions for testing a new fatty but they have been mounted for 10 days and I couldn't stand it anymore.

Sidewall construction and almost the same tip rocker profile as the Mothership. Since my days of lauching 40 footers to hardpack and straightlining tracked out chutes are long gone the mothership was a tad too much ski for me. I liked the mothership and its a great ski just not for my style of skiing.

First few runs were groomers... Handled high speed arcs quite well and the ski is easy to turn off with a speed scrub on demand. Short radius were a chore but possible when required. Decent for a ski with a 115mm waist.

Next few runs were up to the skied out alpine. Did I mention it hasn't snowed in awhile? Hardpack, scraped off and windblown throughout. Moguls forming in chutes where they don't usually form or belong.

Great edge hold on the sucktacular conditions. The ski bit right in and held on tight but still easy to let it smear a bit untill edge hold was a necessity. Very manuverable in tight skied out places. The early rise is noticeable in the shittastic conditions but not to the point of being a negative.(same on the groomers... could hardly tell.)

Next up two of our inbounds hikes where what little snow has blown around a bit and looked rather tasty... it wasn't. Better than the rest of the hill but definately not pow pow.
    Windblown on top of chopped crud with small pockets of so-so leading abruptly back to the mankish delight of stale wind fucked choppy, cut up grabby snow with the slight shade of grey from the blown around shale. (sounds fun eh!)
    This is where the prophet 115 just plain hauled ass. Transitioning betwen all the variable snow was seamless and actually a lot of fun. Stable tip and a very predictable tail meant exiting turns was powerfull and smooth like butter. Very lo-profile twin on this ski. I think even less than the moship but I haven't chcked.

I may end up with the 179's next year cause I'm a pussy but the 186 were for sure managable for a dude my size. If it snows anytime soon I will post some more impressions. I feel I suck at trying to write out reviews but i believe this ski will be a winner especially at resorts that see a lot of alpine winds and not so perfect powder conditions. I can't wait to ski these sticks in a raging blizzard. Holy fuck do the Canadian Rockies ever need snow.

Thanks for the review.
    Sounds like a fun ski.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

I am interested in this ski as a touring set up in place of my Moships (inbounds sidecountry crusher).

Would you say the flex is a tad stiffer than the 100, but not as stiff as the Moship?
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    I am interested in this ski as a touring set up in place of my Moships (inbounds sidecountry crusher).

Would you say the flex is a tad stiffer than the 100, but not as stiff as the Moship?
    Bingo big chucker. Not exactly a dynafit ski though. Felt heavy. As heavy as the moship. Are you talking duke slackcountry charger ski? If so do it. This ski is a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    Bingo big chucker. Not exactly a dynafit ski though. Felt heavy. As heavy as the moship. Are you talking duke slackcountry charger ski? If so do it. This ski is a winner.
    Well, just a tad lighter and less stiff than the moship is what I meant. I use my Motherships now as a Duke Slackcountry ski, but was hoping the 115 was a little more relaxed and easy.
    You should have been here yesterday!

im intrigued, been on the 130 for awhile and love it. any early rise/rocker on these?

oh, and i like how i got an honest review of the skis, and also the crappy canadian rockies snowpack.

Sounds like a fun ski. Does "almost the same tip rocker profile as the moship" mean a little more or a little less?
    If you are driving to Jay Peak this evening, please drive carefully you bad ass.

how was the snow?

Did you even read his review fucktard?

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Blaster View Post
    how was the snow?
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.

Nice review. I am a Canadian rockies boy as well and think this would be a super fun ski for good conditions around here. I was hoping it was going to be a little lighter than you mentioned for a little bit of playfulness when you're wanting to pop off some stuff on the way back to the lifts. Something along the lines of a longer 115 waisted Bent Chetler. Does anybody know all the length options that are going to be offered on this ski?
    Pray for snow in the Rockies, because this is downright depressing right now

Burning question for me is does it come longer than 186? I own the 186 Prophet and 195 M'Ship. If a 190 Line somewhere between the Mothership and Prophet ever existed that would kill it.
    "You don't want to run into me on the tram dock. I went to jail. I have an inclinometer, and a friend of a friend who's a lawyer. Why do you have to be such a hater? I was just trying to post some stoke." The Suit

"I demoed the Davenport 2 weeks ago, I really liked them a lot... the blue sidewalls and tip really looked great with my pants. I also tried the '11 MX98, they didn't look as good with my outfit. If you have blue pants or maybe some Lange race boots I recommend you check them out."

thanks for the review! i was hoping i wouldn't have to wait tell next year to find out how these things skied! i'm definately getting them! this was a much needed ski to fill the gap in the prophet line.

There is a rocker
    LET IT SNOW

p115

Lenghts : 172 179 186
    Shape :153-115-142
    Sidecut :19m (179cm)
    single ski weight
    mothership 2675 vs. p115 2405 vs. p100 2020 (grams)

some early rise info...

Early rise is closer to the toepeice on the 115's by 10 cms and slightly higher by a whopping 1mm. Catalog describes moship as 15cm x 4mm and the prophet 115 at 25cm x 5mm.

For reference the ep pro is 30.5cm x 25 mm and the prophet 130 is listed at 25cm x 15mm.

Hope that helps.

To add to Jetskis comments: Today, I skied it back to back with the 2011 Rossi S6 about 90 minutes on each. Conditions were about 5-6" of fresh powder on top of tracked out ice chunks, hard pack and wind scoured whatever was left. Where ever I could find soft little pockets the Rossi's were fantastic but a bit of chore (awesome for what they are but still...) in everything else but they would straight line through the junk pretty well. Rossi's were 186cm. The prophet 115 was 179cm. They were a blast. Super versatile, didn't feel the width that much compared to my (daily ski) prophet 100's except they floated much better in the powder pockets I could find. They grabbed on to the wind scoured areas much better than the rossi's. I think that big (for a ski this size) camber underfoot and big 'new' sidewalls (sandwiched)helps drive them a little better in the hard pack. The early rise tip, lightly rockered, gets them up on top very quickly. They turned fast and easily and felt overall very stable. They felt very similar to the Prophet 100's on the semi-groomed crud on the way back to the lift just a little slower side to side, as expected. I dug em and will probably get the 186 next year. I think on balance if you could say you just had clean powder I would go with the S6's for the fun, but I am a resort skier in AK and the Prophet 115's just feel more versatile in that environment. Sweet skis. Me 5'11" & 185#, ability of a hack but at least an improving one!!
    Last edited by ccijp; 02-26-2010 at 12:08 PM.

anyone else get to demo these?

Just curious if anyone else got to demo the new Prophet 115 this spring? Any comparisons to what else is out there?

SNOW COMEITH TO THE ROCKIES TOMORROW>

I like the fact that you tried these skis in the crappyiest of crap and you lived to tell about it. That says a lot for a 115 under foot ski. This one is on my short list. Did you know thats a whopping 38cms from the 115 waist to the 153 tip width!! Thats more side cut than most groomer rippers! Thats why i like this ski. Big for float yet still turny and ridged enough. In the 100mm+ skis theres only a few like the Shaman,Ullrs Chariots,Nomads, and Libtechs Free rides that have similar side cuts. I think the BROS do aswell. Thats about it that I could find in that 35cm and up shape. Theres lots under 100cm but I think for variable condition for a semi pow ski 100-115 a mid ship is a great all rounder with side cut and a bit of rocker? Wish I could try them all before I pull the trigger. Great to read some real ugly conditions reviews though, not just from a sweet day were anything will work great. The JJ gets buy in all these same conditions but they ski a lot differant, slarth rather than rail out a trench thats fun to do also on crappy days were ya can.
    FACTION

Jetski,
    just wondering how you are liking the 115's. Also if you could compare them to the obsethed(I assume older version) Looking for a daily driver for Telluride and the 115's seem like they might be the ski. Also if anyone can comment on the flex of the ski.
    Thanks
    deeppo