Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Olympic Snowboarders- WTF is up with the jeans?

its taken two entire seasons for people to realize how stupid plaid looks, this is going to be painful.

uggh~

Hello darkness my old friend

since snowboarding is 90% style, 10% skill they should have the competitors dress themselves and have a judge scoring the outfit.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Spancered by Iceman
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Its funny sitting in a bar watching snowboarding - I'd say every third person that walks in makes some comment about how they're snowboarding in jeans. Even people who don't look like they ski / board think its stupid.

redneck steeze

jibbers park and the knuckle draggin riders try so hard for this lately, an attempt to capture the early dayz of mtn. style. remember the old days of our youth, leather, denim, long johns, steel, these made us tough. today, these kids can only dream, cause it takes years to be a legit redneck.

Not that I'm a fan of the jeans, but I think they are better than the super skinny, uber homo emo pants.

Quote Originally Posted by tricameron View Post
    I always struggle to find:

the look of real, worn, vintage denim

Fake Jeans and fake plaid shirt - Burton is going Lumberjack.

They are fake, are they not? I guess watching in HD on a decent size screen helps.

advres Guest
    Fake denim has been a fad in snowboarding multiple different times now. If you have spent any time on the hill you would have seen this before the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Fake Jeans and fake plaid shirt - Burton is going Lumberjack.
    you ever been to Vermont / New England, it is redneck lumberjack!!
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

All the "worn" holes are in the same places. Next year Red Wing boots and Filson shooter jackets with padded shoulders.

i caught at least one rider rockin the no gloves. gnar

my sister had some fake jeans snow pants like 6 years ago. i think they were burton too

2014: Tall T's

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    my sister had some fake jeans snow pants like 6 years ago. i think they were burton too
    "My sister wears too much [make-up.] People think she's a whore."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD7RCB7WWkA"]YouTube- Charlie Sheen on Ferris Bueller's Day Off[/ame]

possibly Sheen's finest work...
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

I'd say those outfits look better than the "Skittle Thug" theme I've been seeing on the hill lately.

Seeing Olympians (from various countries) with pants slung below their ass is a little disturbing though.

Burton's designers watch a lot of AxMen.

why do all of you little fashionistas care what they are wearing? admire their skill, tenacity etc and stop worrying about what your "wives'" vogue magazines tell you about style
    Talking shit about a pretty sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    Fake denim has been a fad in snowboarding multiple different times now. If you have spent any time on the hill you would have seen this before the Olympics.
    While I've probably seen it, it certainly hasn't registered 'cause I just don't pay much attention to the snowboard kiddies or what they're wearing. I don't ride in the park so pretty much the only time I encounter them is when I have to avoid groups of them sitting around in the middle of the groomers on the way back to the chair.

That said, the stuff Sean White was throwing down was seriously impressing me. He coulda been dressed like a clown and it wouldn't have mattered.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

You have to wonder if the designers of snow board gear look in the mirror and say.."yep, this sure is ugly, let's make 100,000 units."

I assume Apollo Anton Ono does the same thing every morning when he looks at his beard..."Yep, sure is ugly, I think I'll go appear on international television."

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I have fake denim ski pants... that i bought frommmmmmm...... powstash maybe? whichever guy skis at the canyons a lot...

I still rock them... they are nice...
    Buy nice things here.
    www.motorcityglassworks.com

shit is tight. to quote a very fashion savvy japanese chick "if anyone can pull of the jeans and flannel shirt look at the olympics it is the americans. there is nothing more american than that."

pretty well done homage to american.