Thread: EHP Mount Point

EHP Mount Point

Went to mount some EHP 186s today, factory lines didnt jive. Got on the horn, solid representative states both markings are off. He said that it might have been an issue for some production runs of the EHP this year.

For the 186, those bitches should be 87cm from the tail (as per rep), straight pull off the edge.

For the 180 CRJ, they should be (as per rep.) 82.8 cm from the tail, straight pull.

If you got measurements, post them up! Solid skis, was surprised that they were off, but, shit happens when you produce en mass.
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.

so ya traded 188 CRJ's for 186 EHPs.

Thought the CRJs were too much? I am confused....

is the baldness affecting your common sense?
    one step forward, no step backward

Where did I say there were my skis?

Did you notice the CRJs measurement in there too?

And, I shaved the dome tonight, so all is clear and well with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by allTandA View Post
    so ya traded 188 CRJ's for 186 EHPs.

Thought the CRJs were too much? I am confused....
    is the baldness affecting your common sense?
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.

ah. just bored and funnin ya!

I assume you sold those CRJ's, eh? Could've gotten me in trouble with the war dept.

ps. my baldness comes from the front. Used to go 6-8 months between haircuts, and rock the fro for a bit. Now anything past 3 months and my receding hairline starts to scream
    one step forward, no step backward

my 186 EHPs came with a sticker that said that the factory mount point were off on some skis. I mounted tham at 87cm from the tail and I'm pretty sure that both markings were off by a bit. Are the small arrows on the sidewalls are the markings? The sticker said that Eric recommends the following:

193 mount at 88.5cm from the tail (-8cm of true center)
    186 mount at 87cm from tail (-6cm of true center)
    179 mount at 83.5cm from tail (-6cm of true center)

That info is confirmed here as well: http://www.4frnt.com/index.php/en/er...r-the-EHP.html

BTW it was my first ever mount and I think it came out pretty good thanks to the info in the mounting threads on here.

Yeah, the rep. mentioned that some of the EHPs got those stickers and some did not. Glad I called before mounting last night.

Funny thing is that I dug out my mounting log from last year (yes, I am a techie geek like that) and all my mounts for the EHP 186s were at 86.7, which is 3mm behind where they should have been. Totally forgot I had that ski logged, but, glad that I called 4Frnt anyway. While I don't think that 3mm is a big deal, it will be interesting to see how my friend likes the mount I did last night. Might be why I always felt slightly in the backseat on the EHPs I had last year?

Sorry to bump an old thread.... but I figured it was better than starting a new one.

I just picked up some 186 EHPs used - the guy I bought them from had a smaller boot, so after adjustment for my longer BSL I'm 2cm behind the 87cm measurement (~1.5cm behind the marked line on the sidewall)

Is this too far back? Is it worth a remount? Will I even notice a difference?

I like playful skis and wouldn't consider myself a 'charger' - so I don't think having the extra tip in front of me is all that important.

thanks

tele mount?

anyone mount up 193s tele? did you just use the alpine line boot center?

from 4frnt: 193 mount at 88.5cm from the tail (-8cm of true center)

just picked up a pair. thanks for any help.

I have my 2009/10 193cm EHPs 1.5cm ahead of the line and they are sweet there. Eric says he skis'em at +5cm or something which I taught was too forward for my size & style. If I had to redo Id do +2cm ahead of line
    Just fucking point it and shut up

Quote Originally Posted by otis View Post
    anyone mount up 193s tele? did you just use the alpine line boot center?

from 4frnt: 193 mount at 88.5cm from the tail (-8cm of true center)

just picked up a pair. thanks for any help.
    2cm behind recommended suits most people. Mounting tele that is. Binder?

superdigg: thanks. really appreciate it. wish i had known a few days ago. i ended up mounting -4cm and sometimes they feel too far back. after 1 day i was dead set on moving it up. after 3 days, i am not convinced i need to. i find that when i am skidding a turn, they feel a bit planky with too much tip. but when i am fully weighting the ball of foot and carving, they come around super quick and easy and even lend themselves to playful hopping some times. what a great ski. powerful and nimble.

do you ski at -2cm? where do you have your other skis mounted? i'm always always pins on CC and when measured like that (with some small deduction for the tail kick) they came in at -4cm.

i was initially a bit worried about being so far back but looking at some 190 dps 120s (which btw are almost exactly the same length as the 193 ehps), the mid point alpine boot mark is spot on with tele boot center if you go pins on CC. so this gave me courage.

basically, i'm looking for the recommended "all mountain" point. and i'm on g3s.

179 ehp + dukes

-6 good for dukes on the 179 2010/2011 ehp? other recommendations?