Torn patellar tendon rehab - extension lag and pain

So I'm roughly 7 weeks out after having a torn patellar tendon surgically repaired. I'm riding the stationary bike, doing straight leg raises, and unweighted extensions.

I'm having an extension lag of about 5-10 degrees in my leg. Additionally, the quad just seems be very slack, without the same degree of innervation of my other leg.

Anyone have experience with this injury and the rehab timeline?

I have torn my patellar tendon in conjunction with an ACL, MCL and partial meniscus tear. Did it in the middle of January of 2007 and was back on the hill in November of 2007.

My repair was two surgical phases. First phase was to fix the MCL and and patellar tendon. I was non-weight bearing for, I think 6 weeks, but I can't remember for sure. I should also mention that my patellar tendon was not quite completely ruptured... there were a few strands of tendon in tact on the lateral side, allowing my surgeon to fix the tendon at the proper length and eliminate knee cap driftage.
    After I was walking comfortably they went back in with an ACL graft, which was a piece of cake in comparison.

Sorry for the blog, but wanted to offer a complete context of my injury.

I think 6 months is a very conservative amount of time for just a patellar tendon fix. Maybe more like 4 months to be back in the game.

Standard leg re-hab... re-develop strong posterior and anterior chains. I also recommend an indo board for balance & stability.
    And Ice. and ice. and ice.

God speed!
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

The quadriceps tone and extesion lag will improve as you get stronger and hopefully so will the pain. Listen to your rehab peeps and your doc ANC keep working hard.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com