Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    wow, you guys are easily offended...

i actually turned off Adblocker just to see what all the fuss was about. sure it's a stupid ad, but really?

Someone needs to make an "Oakley wouldn't give me change for a nickel" T-shirt.

I'd buy one.

dame, really?! I have to burn my oakley jacket?

the adds suck...but go all out man, ill join your "fight"
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Someone needs to make an "Oakley wouldn't give me change for a nickel" T-shirt.

I'd buy one.
    good idea
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

how come i'm on this site constantly and have never seen/heard these ads?
    Still waiting...

i really dont care that its a stupid ad. what i really do care about is that i cant make it stop. place all the dumbass ads ya want to here and i doubt anyone would care. but when the ad is intrusive, obnoxious and in your face never ending, thats when it crosses the line of unacceptability.

and for the record, thank u shitloads tgr420 for the place you've created for us all to share in the groove. much respect and praise

Oakley

I really enjoy the stoke on TGR....fuck I hate that Oakley ad...always gets set off by dragging the mouse to the forums.

i have dragged my mouse everywhere on all forums... not using adblocker and cannot find.

i guess oakley doesn't like me...
    Still waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    But surely you admit that its NSFW audio presence makes your site one to be avoided while one systems where one may not run an adblocker which accounts for a lot of your site traffic and that and ad that encourages people to install adblockers lowers your click volume long term and hurts your revenue.

I am outing you, Governor Palin.

The jig is up.

It looks like they may be gone. I am looking for them as well. I never really hit them on my work PC with a mouse but I hit them all the fukking time when I am using my laptop. I am not sure they are really NSFW in traditional sense but I can see them being a big "hey I am wasting my time on the internet when I should be working" announcement.
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

www.poachninja.com

Their being safe for work or not is not a conclusion that can be made definitively. It's an opinion and depends on your work place(DUH!). Where I work, I am the boss. I don't block Internet for anyone and they can visit whatever sites they want.

I hate the ads. Not just because they startle me, but because it's inappropriate for them to blurt audio if am on the phone with a client, or supplier.

My opinion: intrusive, obnoxious, and creating a situation that will have me deliberately avoid their products.

I love TGR.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    See Powdermag.com forums circa October 2003.

Not trying to draw a lot of parallels, just pointing out that if you piss off enough of the core membership - they'll leave, and they tend to take the worthwhile pieces of the community with them.
    I've been thinking exactly the same thing. But you should tell them to see powmag forums now--because they pull this shit again and there's a good chance that's what this place will look like. TGR420's responses aren't helpful except in making clear they don't fucking get it, which is even more mystifying than the decision to run the ad in the first place.

Even if they were inept (and eventually failed) in addressing our concerns, at least Powder didn't pretend that they didn't matter.

So, what's the backup site this time? Back over to Powdermag.com, or are we still afraid of Daniel?
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by sierraskier View Post
    I-hate-your-fucking-lame-advertising-so-bad-that-I-will-never-ever-buy-your-product list.
    First company on this list for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    So, what's the backup site this time? Back over to Powdermag.com, or are we still afraid of Daniel?
    Don't let the door hit your pussy ass on the way out.

advres Guest
    I've been thinking exactly the same thing. But you should tell them to see powmag forums now--because they pull this shit again and there's a good chance that's what this place will look like. TGR420's responses aren't helpful except in making clear they don't fucking get it, which is even more mystifying than the decision to run the ad in the first place.

Even if they were inept (and eventually failed) in addressing our concerns, at least Powder didn't pretend that they didn't matter.

You lead the charge and we'll see who follows you...

Are you morons still posting on Powdermag? Not even going to check since there's only about one post a month over there, max. At least they seemed like they gave a shit.
    [quote][//quote]

I also vote to make the bad sounds go away

Its annoying.

I also dislike the fact that you cannot mix and match outfits on the athletes

Fuck you Oakey

Quote Originally Posted by jahroy View Post
    i have dragged my mouse everywhere on all forums... not using adblocker and cannot find.

You'll know when you see them, they're for oakley's "signature series" goggles. I don't know if its just me, but it seems like they are much more likely to pop up later in the evening. Seems like only one in ten or so pages during the day, but nearly every time at night.

except that
    1. this is now
    2. TGR does appear to be listening. This thread was moved back to it's original spot. For now at least, the Oakley ads are not running.
    3. There is no substitute.

As a result, i just installed some new software on my new computer. the itunes version of re:session will be done downloading in 30 minutes.

Dex... relax man... install adblocker and let your BP go down a few points...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by jahroy View Post

Me too. Shut off my ad blocker in Firefox, tried on IE which is set up to let everything through, and still no dice. Went to Youtube and wasted a bunch of time, then went to Oakley's site. Still no ad

I wanna be offended by Oakley too. Can someone direct me to where that can happen?

And, how can you hate a product that is pimped by the hottest chick on snow...

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Dex... relax man... install adblocker and let your BP go down a few points...
    I'm not abandoning ship here and didn't say we should (Trackhead's reading difficulties aside), and I was more reluctant than most to leave the last place, but TGR shouldn't assume that we're a given around here. That's all.

I haven't seen the ad this evening, if that means anything...
    [quote][//quote]

I just clicked on the Maggot Photo contest and the ad came up so they are not gone.
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

www.poachninja.com

Actually I find the Toyota ad more annoying. If it's the sound bothering you how hard is it to turn down your volume until you need it for a vid or something.

Its OK. GET Adblocker and block all ads.

I simply installed an Adblocker and now am not getting any ads on TGR.

That's what you wanted, right TGR? NO ads (ie no revenue from my clicks).

Right?