Best rubber rain gear?

Anyone have recommendations for rubber rain gear that is tolerable to wear and ski in? Most generic options fit like a paper bag and don't allow much movement.

Goretex gets the job done in most conditions, but for true rain skiing what do you recommend?

(And I did put some effort into a search but SEARCH JONG me if you can link to a thread)
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Mmm, been to Alpental recently, eh? 😁😬

Decathlon had some killer gear even for <$20. They are launching in NA, but they dont ship yet.

https://www.decathlon.com/products/m...search-results

rubberized, PVC or PU fisherman* rain gear, e.g., Grunden's or Stormline, FTW

*"fisherperson" for the SJW mags

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Mmm, been to Alpental recently, eh? 😁😬
    Haha yes. Also worked in the pouring rain at mission a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Thursday of 18BBI wasn’t even wetnice skiing with ya!
    True, maybe with proper rainwear I can be ready for all weather padded seat riding in the future.

I'm not inexperienced with the wetside, having grown up in W. Washington. But it's amazing what living on the east side for a few years will make you forget!

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    Anyone have recommendations for rubber rain gear that is tolerable to wear and ski in? Most generic options fit like a paper bag and don't allow much movement.

Goretex gets the job done in most conditions, but for true rain skiing what do you recommend?

(And I did put some effort into a search but SEARCH JONG me if you can link to a thread)
    Helly Hansen Vos jacket. It’s rubber, not heavy, and stretches. As a carpenter I use it as my rain gear and it has been great. I get about 3 years out of them before they leak where my tool belt suspenders are from carrying lumber. Not heavy either. And $40 on Amazon.

Helly Hansen Men's Voss Jacket, 990 Black, X-Large https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002R8GSHW..._QkMGAb6JMG3QT

Quote Originally Posted by Nwsno View Post
    Helly Hansen Vos jacket. It’s rubber, not heavy, and stretches. As a carpenter I use it as my rain gear and it has been great. I get about 3 years out of them before they leak where my tool belt suspenders are from carrying lumber. Not heavy either. And $40 on Amazon.

Helly Hansen Men's Voss Jacket, 990 Black, X-Large https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002R8GSHW..._QkMGAb6JMG3QT
    That looks like a good balance of price, weight, etc. Thanks for the recommendation.

you can fix rubberized rain gear with aqua seal eh

That light stuff looks good but i kinda doubt it would hold up to the really rough use

I got the heavy Carhartt stuff which sucks cuz its so stiff/heavy

but it holds up to charging thru the bush/devils club doing forest tech work
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    you can fix rubberized rain gear with aqua seal eh

That light stuff looks good but i kinda doubt it would hold up to the really rough use
    The light stuff is awesome if you own a tube of Aqua Seal I use 66North, my lovely wife has used Grundens and Helley Hanson. Many years of Commercial Fishing, Mining, Land Surveying. I will never go back to the heavy stuff. Repairs are only needed for stupid mistakes (butt gliding a scree slope), if you buy quality, they are tough. Den

ever had to put yer head down and charge thru a patch of 12' high devils club?

we had to wear the heavy rubber and it was sunny out somewhere above the canopy

and a few spines still poked thru but I think that gig ^^ is behind me now
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

steveski, check out Sportsman Warehouse or Outdoor Emporium. Both carry various weights of Grundens rainwear

Grundens Harvestor Pro stuff is pretty nice, lighter weight and a bit stretchy.

Bumping from the alpental lodge with wet legs. Grundens still my best bet? Looking at the neptune tailored fit with stretch for $100

Last year I bought some less expensive Grundens bibs for $80. There’s no zippers and they’re some sort of PU coated nylon. Pretty durable and absolutely waterproof.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Guy Cotton stuff is pretty nice. There's a fishing equipment spot near Fisherman's Terminal in Magnolia that has a good assortment including Grundens and HH

Best rubber rain gear?

Yesterday I wore Gore-Tex MTB shorts over my ski pants. Worked really well. Don’t think I could do full rubber pants.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7831.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	902.4 KB 
ID:	484729

And these gloves from Home Depot with MTB gloves under.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-Blue...2-08/319285649

Looks like Seattle marine supply is on my bike commute for an easy stop in. Maybe if I buy some I won’t need them again this season.

Add snowblower gloves. They’re rubber with a bonded fleece lining. Great in wet snow and rain. Like these-https://usa.windows101.com/products/...-blower-gloves

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Another glove option is the Showa Termes 282-02, they run small.

Gotetex pro is totally waterproof. I’ve fished 100 miles offshore dressed in full gore pro with more underneath than I wear skiing on a cold day, followed by cleaning tuna in my gore pro with blood and guts all over it. Then wash off with saltwater. Maybe 100 times over the past 4-5 years. Fell into the ocean once or twice. It’s waterproof. What’s not is a lot of the zippers and seams and hoods. rubber never breathes.

I have the Showa gloves mentioned above. They are great until you wipe your face with the sandpaper grip.
    New gore Tex is waterproof used gore Tex much less so

I carry a microfiber towel for the goggles and face.

no need to reinvent the wheel there dad...

ayuh...