Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lost My Job Because

of snowboarding and THE nino.

apparently 'working remotely' from the KT-22 lift...um, i mean from home, shows a lack of care for the business (even though i made them over $1,000,000 in profit this year.)

has anyone else here been fired because of missing work for too many powder days, or just for f*cking skiing?

oh, and the best part of the canning is i got fired on a conference call while driving with my best 4 buddies to go snowcat powder skiing last week in summit county.

i think i am finally a true maggot.
    1 WIDE Ski
    'and don't worry its clean, because I never get laid anyways.' - leroy jenkins

Well at least the enviroment was condusive to happily being fired.......

Sorry about job loss but as lame as it sounds.........when one door closes, your powder door opens!

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post

...i think i am finally a true maggot.
    You don't whine or boast particularly well. Work on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!

Been known to work "remotely" myself and it's been good to me for 2+ years. Never had any issues, in fact, I think I pay more attention to calls/emails when I am on the hill.

You obviously didn't get yo shit done or there wouldn't have been any questions. Fawk it, more time to rip spring turns.

even though i made them over $1,000,000 in profit this year
    their loss... sounds like you'll be able to make some other employer happy who will appreciate the amount if revenue you're capable of... for now, ski as much as possible...

oh and i thought your location might be binary for your zip code (like mine) but it turned out to saudi arabia... hm

If you really made your company $1mil in profit this year, and your boss still fired you for "working remotely", then he's a complete douchebag.

imagine what the profits would have been if you were there more often.
    having said that, bummer dude.

Quote Originally Posted by fallguy View Post
    imagine what the profits would have been if you were there more often.
    having said that, bummer dude.
    maybe not... the joy of powder skiing may have actually boosted his productivity...i know it does mine!
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

if i was going to get fired, i'd want it to be because of skiing too much.

edit: powder cat skiing in summit county... lol
    Last edited by fish; 02-02-2010 at 03:41 PM.

powder skiing last week in summit county.

This does not compute
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

there are 2 dozen summit counties in the west.
    looking for a good book? check out mine! as fast as it is gone

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    If you really made your company $1mil in profit this year, and your boss still fired you for "working remotely", then he's a complete douchebag.
    If I had an employee that could add $1MM to my bottom line annually I would let he work from where ever he wanted. I would let him punch me in the face if he wanted. If you can really generate enough revenue to create $1MM in profit each year you should have no problem finding a job that will let you do pretty much anything short of dealing drugs out of your office.
    Thanks Shane

Quote Originally Posted by cpj.slc View Post
    If I had an employee that could add $1MM to my bottom line annually I would let he work from where ever he wanted. I would let him punch me in the face if he wanted. If you can really generate enough revenue to create $1MM in profit each year you should have no problem finding a job that will let you do pretty much anything short of dealing drugs out of your office.
    Which is why I'm somewhat doubting the "$1mil in PROFIT" statement.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinCO View Post
    Been known to work "remotely" myself and it's been good to me for 2+ years. Never had any issues, in fact, I think I pay more attention to calls/emails when I am on the hill.
    X2. I respond to email and voicemail much faster when I'm skiing than when in the office to ensure that no one whines that I'm not responsive when working remotely.

Damn son! Skiing while working is like smoking dope while working... If you have your shit together, it's not a problem. If it's a problem, you don't have your shit together!

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Which is why I'm somewhat doubting the "$1mil in PROFIT" statement.
    it's aight, doubt it all you want. i got fucked on the whole perception is reality thing, and since people didn't see me around the office the reality in their minds became, 'i don't care about the biz.' i don't think they thought this one through entirely.

anyway, time to track this storm coming into tahoe. if it hits tahoe, i'll be there; if it goes south, i am heading to mammoth.

time to be a true ski bum.
    1 WIDE Ski

it's aight, doubt it all you want. i got fucked on the whole perception is reality thing, and since people didn't see me around the office the reality in their minds became, 'i don't care about the biz.' i don't think they thought this one through entirely.

anyway, time to track this storm coming into tahoe. if it hits tahoe, i'll be there; if it goes south, i am heading to mammoth.

time to be a true ski bum.
    Sounds like you got the bum part pretty much worked out already...

i made them over $1,000,000 in profit this year.
    1 million in 1 month?

before my grandfather died, i ran into him on the golf course. I was playing with a friend who was also a salesman. He told us a story about a guy who when he presented his expenses to his manager was yelled at and told it was 2.5 times more than any other salesman had ever presented, and he was going to the president of the company with it. Salesman told the manager if the boss didnt like it he could shit in his hat, and of the manager didnt like it he could fuck himself. When the manager told this to the president, the prez asked to see his sales numbers and sure enough they were double what any other salesman had produced. The president got up, walked around his desk, grabbed his hat off the rack, looked at the manager and said "i dont know what youre gonna do". Gramps knew it's about productivity.

any boss that puts perception before productivity must have inherited his company, because real producers are fucking hard to find, and he most likely did not build that business. Unless the OP's coworkers added 2 mil to the bottom line. Shit I'd be happy with an extra mil on my top line.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunt Ditch View Post
    Sounds like you got the bum part pretty much worked out already...
    FTW!!

Congrats.

To get away with that stuff you need to show up in the office from time to time and look really busy and on the ball. Plus not shove all the skiing into people's faces. If they you give them an opportunity to ignore what you are doing they usually will.

Just my 5c.
    Dwell not upon thy weariness; thy strength shall be according to the measure of thy desire.

That sucks man, sorry to hear it. What exactly was your job?

of snowboarding and THE nino.

apparently 'working remotely' from the KT-22 lift...um, i mean from home, shows a lack of care for the business (even though i made them over $1,000,000 in profit this year.)

Typical statement from many in technology. Do you work in IT? The person works on a project that generates income for the company and it suddenly becomes their revenue. Was it your idea? How do you rationalize that you made the company 1mm? Had you been more responsible maybe you could have made 2mm?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Typical statement from many in technology. Do you work in IT? The person works on a project that generates income for the company and it suddenly becomes their revenue. Was it your idea? How do you rationalize that you made the company 1mm? Had you been more responsible maybe you could have made 2mm?
    rationalize: i have a budget of x, i make y.
    not in IT. i do advertising and marketing, more specifically lead marketing and SEM.

just got off an exit interview with HR. basically the new president is a total dick. he is a retired rear-admiral (1,2,3...) and can't comprehend the fact people can work away from the office.

could not have made 2mm. if i could, that would just be sick.

also, i just went through my P&L statements from 2009 (well, missing feb for some reason) and total profit for 2009 was @ $948,341. so suck it! (is that boasting enough?)
    1 WIDE Ski

Helldawg Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    ^^^Typical statement for many who are retards...

I had an acquaintance (a retard for sure), who somehow thought his work as a paper pusher for a mortgage company was worth a percentage of the loans he was processing. He was not chasing the loans or actually doing any hustling, just literally shuffling papers from one side of the desk to the other. Got so bitter about it that he quit. Claimed he was integral to millions of dollars of loans being processed, so he was worth more.

I lol'ed.