Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    when they showed me the internet I spent way too much time on it ,I looked at or chatted about kayaks ,skis,bikes you name it everything but computers ...they created a monster

I think some of getting canned was wasting a lot of time on the interent , there were other things but it was time to leave and I got a GREAT package

I would agree that perception is everything ,people believe what they want not what it true or real ... I always say the emperor aint wearing any clothes

up here when you get canned or lose a job the freaks I know always say congradulations

SO ... congradulations!

Quote Originally Posted by fallguy View Post
    imagine what the profits would have been if you were there more often.
    having said that, bummer dude.
    dingdingding
    holy fucking shitballs

Shit, take some time off and enjoy yerself. You won't look back and say shit I wish I would have worked more. Honest. Ride hard and take chances. Woohoo!!!!

It may have been a coincidence, but the year I skied six days a week found me in search of a new job...

drC

I've been trying to get fired for 15 years you lukcky mofo. I have taken every Friday off except one and more since Mammoth opening day. Like the advice above, I do not flaunt that to other salespeople or at the office. Production is the key. I am having a great year professionally and on the snow. I will enjoy it while it lasts.
    surviving in the city, powered by wellbutrin

I'm jealous that you lost your job!

Dont worry the great savior known only as obama will save thee....funemployment is the shit

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    rationalize: i have a budget of x, i make y.
    not in IT. i do advertising and marketing, more specifically lead marketing and SEM.
    that's the key right there. anyone in the SEM biz who can't/doesn't take the time away from the office to ski that much (or have fun in general) is doing it wrong.

Duece will be fine if/when he wants to return. Or, better yet, just start his own company & control his hours completely by finding some worker bees to do the grunt work
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

Sounds funny but I could lose one of my jobs for not skiing enough!
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

If you really can produce, I'll be awaiting your resume in PM. And yes, you can continue to ride as usual, so long as you keep your numbers up, you are encouraged to get your turns in!

Although numbers are numbers, it sounds like you are a producer. You'll have no problem on the upside. Enjoy the snow while it's still around this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Typestries View Post
    If you really can produce, I'll be awaiting your resume in PM. And yes, you can continue to ride as usual, so long as you keep your numbers up, you are encouraged to get your turns in!
    I can produce! Can I have a job where I get to ski when its a powder day and I get to work from home so I can be more productive and multi-task by producing for you while I walk my dog, do some laundry, clean the house, and change my oil. Ofcourse I'll do all of it with my crackberry in my pocket and my gay-tooth in my ear so I can talk and email all day.

What am I supposed to be producing again?
    "That's what she said."

Congratulations! You're A Search Engine Marketer!

Cool Born again again.

Wow, you brought back some memorys. True story i had a freind moving south and it was his last day. Things were slow so it was time to ski. His last day and mine! Never looked back! Go intermountain west young man.
    "I, the undersigned,
    shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein
    and herein contained, et cetera, et cetera . . . fax mentis
    incendium gloria culpum, et cetera, et cetera . . . memo bis
    punitor delicatum!" It's all there, black and white, clear
    as crystal! You stole Fizzy Lifting Drinks. You bumped
    into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized,
    so you get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!

Was 1 million a big number or not spectacular at your old place of employment? Scale and whatnot...I'd maybe get a pat on the back for reducing costs by that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Chnaiur View Post
    Congrats.

To get away with that stuff you need to show up in the office from time to time and look really busy and on the ball. Plus not shove all the skiing into people's faces. If they you give them an opportunity to ignore what you are doing they usually will.
    Just my 5c.
    That is why I have always tried to work for non local companies. Maybe you have to show up 4-6 times a year for a meeting, but then your on your own. As long as business is coming in and no one calls in to bitch your non responsive it is all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.