Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Raven's Ridge was very nice yesterday - no Texans, or anyone else:

omg, omg, omg, so nice...

I had some great turns down big rocks early last week. sick lines for three turns and out. So many good lines in different glades over the last few weeks. good shit. ride the roller coaster.
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

For those of you in the area this is just a reminder that Tessa's Ascension fun race will be held this Sunday at the Santa Fe Ski Area, put on by the SF Ski Patrol to honor a patroller killed a few years back while she was on a Peace Corps mission:
    http://www.sfpatrol.org/id26.html

The proceeds from the event this year will go to the Assistance Dogs of the West - a very worthy organization:
    http://www.assistancedogsofthewest.org/

The prizes and schwag this year are amazing - many local merchants kicked down very generously. Tons of gear! Food and drink and dancing will follow. Hope to see you there.

Bob

Hey pilgrims, see you in Taos, looking for a miracle...

"a yin without a yang"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Cop View Post
    Hey pilgrims, see you in Taos, looking for a miracle...
    Damn, wish I would have seen your post before I left for Taos. Had access to a miracle for you too. You missed an outrageous weekend. Santa Fe/Los Alamos peeps kept the party scene legit at the Bevarian on Sunday. A bunch of hot ladies from Steamboat, Brazil, etc kept the dance floor and the sex appeal factor high. Good times for sure! Also bought my season pass for Taos next year.

Well, no Brazilian hotness, but I got my miracle in the form of 16" of white blower this weekend at wolfie. We debated Silverton, but the forecast was looking better for wolf. 88 people on Saturday. Like our own private resort.

"a yin without a yang"

Well, no Brazilian hotness, but I got my miracle in the form of 16" of white blower this weekend at wolfie. We debated Silverton, but the forecast was looking better for wolf. 88 people on Saturday. Like our own private resort.
    Damn, you certainly found freshies all day. If you would have called me, I probably would have gone with you. My buddy skied Silverton and said you could still feel everything on the bottom, even with the fresh snow.
    The cycle has been broken for me. First weekend of no skiing just happened. MTB ride on Sat, then slept late & drank beer all afternoon on a brewery tour with a cute lady on Sunday.
    I'm afraid it's over

Great trip reports Lani. Way to get after it! I spent a good half hour checking out your blog. Good stuff. I've got a friend you should meet. He climbs the same kind of insane things you do. 2turntables knows him. You'll have to come down the hill and have some beers with us this summer. cheers.

on another note, Until today I thought you where one of the few ladies on this board. I assumed you were the fine chica in all the pics you posted.

"a yin without a yang"

Holy shit Lani! I checked out your blog and was amazed to see that dog! That same dog followed our car from the Taos Ski Valley, running a steady 20 mph the whole way, followed us back to Williams Lake & up into the peaks. It kept up with us in deep powder, while skiing down too! Then, as we were heading out of the basin, the dog broke off from us and went back up again with another skier (who did not own the dog) and hit Lake Fork Peak with him! We were blown away by that dog!
    I'm certain he/she has been on every peak back there! Amazing dog! Very cool to see that in your blog.

That's one cool dog for sure.

Yeah we should have some beers this summer at some point.

[drunk dial]Hey TJ[/drunk dial]

I know you're probably more accustomed to the hyde park party circuit but roll down those fashionable high-water skinny jeans and let's get fucked up and watch some baseball in the next couple of weeks. I got an itch to kick off summer by exceeding the three dring limit and watching a Fuegos game at Ft. Marcy. They have a three game home stand against white sands on the 24,25 and 26th, which coincides nicely with the start of my summer vacay.

Any other interested mags are welcome to join in, just remember: No flash photography or posting of evidence to facebook or TGR.

"a yin without a yang"

just in case no one knows what the hell I'm talking about.... baseball

"a yin without a yang"

just in case no one knows what the hell I'm talking about.... baseball
    I'm down for some games for sure.

By the way, are any of you NM guys actually still skiing? Would love to see what's going on in the skiing world (if anything).

Quote Originally Posted by 2turntables View Post
    By the way, are any of you NM guys actually still skiing? Would love to see what's going on in the skiing world (if anything).
    Still going on in Williams Lake - Sin Nombre should be okay. Some people are headed there this weekend. I skied Sneffels with a buddy on Tuesday.

Still going on in Williams Lake - Sin Nombre should be okay. Some people are headed there this weekend. I skied Sneffels with a buddy on Tuesday.
    How was the choke in the couloir? Did it hold enough snow this year? Last year, end of May, it was super-narrow (barely ski width) & slick. Wondering if lack of snow made it un-skiable.

How was the choke in the couloir? Did it hold enough snow this year? Last year, end of May, it was super-narrow (barely ski width) & slick. Wondering if lack of snow made it un-skiable.
    On Sneffels? It was skiable. We had to walk across a scree pile lower down below Lavender Col. The north-facing slopes in Yankee Boy Basin will be skiable for a while, just get an early start in the AM.

Or are you asking about the couloir on Sin Nombre? Last I was up there (a couple of weeks ago) it was kind of trashed with avy debris - the NE face of Sin Nombre was looking good.

On Sneffels? It was skiable. We had to walk across a scree pile lower down below Lavender Col. The north-facing slopes in Yankee Boy Basin will be skiable for a while, just get an early start in the AM.

Or are you asking about the couloir on Sin Nombre? Last I was up there (a couple of weeks ago) it was kind of trashed with avy debris - the NE face of Sin Nombre was looking good.
    I was referring to the Snake (Dog Leg) Couloir on Sneffels. Good to hear. Maybe an end of May trip is in the cards...
    Thanks.

I was referring to the Snake (Dog Leg) Couloir on Sneffels. Good to hear. Maybe an end of May trip is in the cards...
    Thanks.
    You should probably check before you go - it was getting rather thin.

Fee concert in the RailYard park featuring Fun.

Carpe Mañana

Free Railyard concert moved

The free Fun. concert Wednesday evening has been moved from the Railyard Plaza to the Railyard Park due to popular demand.

The concert is from 6 to 9 p.m., but the park does not open to the public for the concert until 4:30 p.m.

The alternative rock band was the opening act at the MTV Movie Awards on Sunday night before heading to Santa Fe for its only free show in the country. The band's entire tour is said to be sold out, so many people are coming Santa Fe for the performance. Fun. had the No. 1 single in the country for 10 weeks, "We are Young" .

Now Now, the opening band, is scheduled to take the stage at 6 p.m. Fun. is set to perform at 7:30 p.m.

"a yin without a yang"

bummer, show cancelled...

A free concert planned Wednesday evening at Santa Fe Railyard Park has been canceled due to an illness by the lead singer of the band known as fun.

Jamie Lenfestey of Heath Concerts said a crew erected the stage and the band’s bus arrived Wednesday morning.

“Everything was cool, but the lead singer lost his voice and is ill and they are unable to perform,” he said. “They’re going to try to reschedule, but we don’t know anything about that yet.”

The band also confirmed the cancellation of their show via Facebook.

"a yin without a yang"

booty bump.
    Last edited by Cyber Cop; 06-11-2012 at 03:51 PM.

"a yin without a yang"

recommend me a good NM cookbook. something that doesn't require a constant supply of green chiles.

please. i'm dying for a burrito here

ps: so far, i've only seen 'coyote cafe', but haven't looked into it. what about cafe pasqual's? anything else? anything simple?

http://santafeschoolofcooking.com/On...oks/index.html

A good list here. I'm not really the cook in the family, but I'll ask my lady for some ideas. Maybe try to learn to make carnitas? One of my favorite burritos is the pork and guacamole burrito from el parasol.

"a yin without a yang"

you can also order powders from that site. My wife makes her red from the frozen tubs of paste, but I'll ask her if she knows a good recipe starting with powder.

"a yin without a yang"