Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    While many of these are great suggestions, they tend to solve form/style/terrain-generated toe bang. IME, toe bang is most often a function of position, and when it is, it is almost always forward lean related. Contrary to what race-bred fit canon tells us, more forward lean is not always good. The forward lean of the boot needs to be fit to your particular body shape, geometry, flexibilty and needs. Too much forward lean creates a fulcrum point at the top rear of the upper cuff, which levers the foot forward (toe bang!), while too little means not enough rear support-promoting tailgunning (toe bang!). Make sure your forward lean positioning is right, and that you have sufficient under foot support (meaning footbed but also any heel lift if needed). See the WTF is wrong with my boots thread for details on the exercises you can do at home to test your position in the boot.

Get the position right, and if it still is happening, then try the liner fixes, etc. You'll still ski better for having done the positioning work.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

My krypton pro's crushed my toes for the first season. I had the toe box punched out and that definitely has helped, but it doesn't address the core movement issue. I like the idea of the foam too because the foot shouldn't be able to slide forward.