Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_roo
    Arc 1950. It's already built....low rise modern resort developments that took over from the hideous high rise eyesores of 1960/70s development (think Tignes, Val Thorens, Les Menuires, Aime La Plagne, Les Arcs etc)...
    Or the Architectural Abortion that is Avoriaz:
    http://davidmoreira.free.fr/images/Neige/Avoriaz.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel99
    Spent quite a bit of time with WP/MJ passes through college at the ol' Winter Park Pub- that place still there? WP/MJ always had this really cool, small town vibe to it. development is...okay to an extent...but please help keep them out of the Jane side and especially from cutting any trails in/around the mushrooms and what's up with the split grooming plan of Outhouse? Have they increased any other grooming of the Jane? I can totally see Intrawest mopping out Railbender (?) on a regular basis..fockers.
    Yeah, the Pub is still there. http://winterparkpub.com/ Slightly less outa hand, but still there. It was started and owned by three of my buddies. If you lived there at anypoint between '95 and '01 you'd prolly recognize me, I worked there. Intramountain will ruin the Jane, its already underway. The Patch is still in effect but gets skied way more. Bottom line: Winter Park's character came from the fact that is way different that Summit. The more Intrawest makes it like Summit, the less unique it will be.

edit: Intrasworst has been very manipulative in dealing with the admittedly overpowered town government. Did they talk in the master plan about the Gondie that was too be built into town (by Denos)? This was the carrot IW used to get there foot in the door.
    Last edited by Foggy_Goggles; 10-21-2004 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles
    Yeah, the Pub is still there. http://winterparkpub.com/ Slightly less outa hand, but still there. It was started and owned by three of my buddies. If you lived there at anypoint between '95 and '01 you'd prolly recognize me, I worked there. Intramountain will ruin the Jane, its already underway. The Patch is still in effect but gets skied way more. Bottom line: Winter Park's character came from the fact that is way different that Summit. The more Intrawest makes it like Summit, the less unique it will be.
    Funny- small world, eh? Yep, would have been there on/off from '93 - '96. At least in '96 there was disco night- damn, it was crowded! Usually ended up on random floor space in town. lived in boulder at the time, skied with the CU freestyle guys so I would have been one of those bumpers that spent all day on Sterling/G. Spike/Phantom/Needles/Derailer/Frenchman. Been a good five years now since I've been to WP- I'm afraid the next time I get back there it's gonna be really different...

Bump Fag!!!!

I know all them dudes. Disco Night needs to make a comeback. Something about bad music and bad clothes got the pussy out!

I hope all goes well, and not too much changes for this year, cause WP/MJ is where I'm going to be from Jan on this season.
    Thanks for the info snow2knight. I was wondering if that was you in the first post.
    Hopefully we can make a few runs together again this season. Mine won't start until January, but most or all of it will be spent at WP/MJ and Copper.
    yeah Jibj, the old name was corny the new one is just dumb but I'm not that creative. Hope we can do some skiing this winter, I'm also hoping to find some folks to explore powder stashes to ski with my sleds.... Rollins Pass.
    Hopefully we will all be able to hook up and ski together some this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles
    Bump Fag!!!!

I know all them dudes. Disco Night needs to make a comeback. Something about bad music and bad clothes got the pussy out!
    or what little pussy was in winter park! but they flocked to the pub like no other bar

as for the bumping stuff, that ended a long time ago! very little of that desired riding at the 'bird and same for my new hills in WA- until mother nature ran dry in april last year and international @ alpental became a big bad ass version of needles eye, but 3 times longer. what a wake up call- defintely hadn't bashed between a bunch of volkswagens in a long time, let alone on a pair of B3's.

Oh, and Loeffler is one of the guys I've met up with in Las Lenas the past few years. I also lived with Jacobson when I was in vail '97-'99
    Last edited by Squirrel99; 10-21-2004 at 05:54 PM.

Foggy, did you work for MP at The Pub?

Railbender's being split groomed pretty regularly-- the lower section, anyway. I've noticed that before they groom it that first time, RB has the best bumps on the mountain (except for maybe Gandy Dancer, but Gandy's a hell of a lot flatter).

Thankfully, Intrawest seemed to listen to the complaints about grooming the bumps and is keeping it to only Outhouse and Railbender. Yeah, that REALLY sucks, but at least they decided that grooming Frenchman was a really piss piss poor move. Outhouse never seemed to get good bumps on it anyway, and gapers seem to have just as much trouble on the split groom since they only scrape it once every week or two and it forms nasty huge icy irregular bumps.

Sucks to see that the Winter Park that converted me from a vacation skier to ski bum is now being handled by Intrawest... I hate the idea of a lift at Parsenn and Backside Parsenn. The lift lines on Timberline are horrible on weekends and holidays but pretty much nonexistent the other 75% of the time. What's up with all the gapers wanting to brag about "skiing the back bowls, brah?"

I hear they're putting Mushroom Patch, Topher's, and Stone Grove on the trail map....