Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Agreed. "Put him in a body bag" is one of the best lines of the 80s. Overall though I give the movie a B+. Chevy Chase was terrible and there were several jokes that just fell completely flat.
    Chase was a poor Don Knotts knock-off.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Saw this this weekend. C+ at best. Guess my humour is a little different than others. I'll give it another watch when it hits Netflix, but it was pretty bad. Felt like they overused the swearing instead of trying to be funny. I am a fan of a well placed FUCK, but it gets watered down when used too much. Did like the handsoap scene- that made me crack up. Some of the 80's references were funny, but they could have done so much more with it. Cusack looks old, and Chevy looks dead.

I liked it. Saw it at a "drafthouse", and it went very well with some good beer. When they're driving through town at the beginning of the movie, is that just a movie set, or is that really downtown Fernie?

didnt expect much and was on the ground laughing. they really did a great job.
    so fucking funny

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    I liked it. Saw it at a "drafthouse", and it went very well with some good beer. When they're driving through town at the beginning of the movie, is that just a movie set, or is that really downtown Fernie?
    They dressed about half of 2nd ave to look derelict/dead. If you see it again you'll notice Ski Base's red canopy in approximatly 2/3rds of the shots - they just drive down the same two blocks over and over. Most of it was shot in Fernie, not 100% sure about the inside of hotel scenes since I've not spent much time in them, but the rest was nearly all recognisable.

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Laughed aloud, a lot.

Stumbled upon this on cable tonight. Still like it. It's not a great movie, but it's still fun.