Gunderson, Neidringhaus, on the bench!

What are you two clowns thinking??? It's one thing to go photo-slutting all over the place, but helping get Baker on the Skiing Mag top 25 is too much. Just what we don't need is more gapers like me lining up on a powder day.

heh, I have that mag right here but I hadn't opened it. Nice shot, fellas.

That list is kinda surprising - seeing Red, Baker, Crystal, Kirkwood, A-Basin, Kicking Horse, Sunshine Village, Fernie and Alyeska all in the top 25 is not what I would have expected from them.

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    Just what we don't need is more gapers like me lining up on a powder day.
    dude, yer like 10 years too late with that one.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Hey, I know it. Back in the day, I can remember being the only one skiing chair 1 on a puking powder day. The last couple of years have had waits pushing over ten minutes at times.

Chair 1 sucks anyways. I'm not too worried about it -- what percentage of the average Skiing reader knows what an avalanche transceiver is?
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by BakerBoy
    an avalanche transceiver
    Isn't that the tool you use to find the ugly truck you paid too much for?
    It's idomatic, beatch.

Yeah, the truck that took an hour to get to the mountain from Glacier because of all the other ugly trucks on the road trying to get up there.

But seriously, congrats on the photo, even if it is a rerun from last seasons brochure.

Quote Originally Posted by BakerBoy
    what percentage of the average Skiing reader knows what an avalanche transceiver is?
    I'm more worried about the gapers who think a transceiver is just an expensive backcountry pass. Last year I rode up Chair 8 with a kid who saw my beacon, then showed me his and asked me to show him how it worked. Nice. That's the same guy who will end up triggering a slide on top of you after you've been careful.

Anybody got a spare A-Star sitting around and want to give me a lift this winter?
    "Holy Blower!" - Jeremy Jones

Quote Originally Posted by eDub
    I'm more worried about the gapers who think a transceiver is just an expensive backcountry pass. Last year I rode up Chair 8 with a kid who saw my beacon, then showed me his and asked me to show him how it worked. Nice. That's the same guy who will end up triggering a slide on top of you after you've been careful.

Anybody got a spare A-Star sitting around and want to give me a lift this winter?
    word of advice. get deeper in the b/c or just don't ski at baker.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo
    word of advice. get deeper in the b/c or just don't ski at baker.
    Not riding at Baker = Not an option.

We've gotten pretty good at losing any gaper "tails" however.

edit: sorry about the thread hijack. Currently suffering from a severe case of powder deprevation, leading to uncontrollable outbursts of bitterness.
    Last edited by eDub; 10-20-2004 at 03:08 PM.
    "Holy Blower!" - Jeremy Jones

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    But seriously, congrats on the photo, even if it is a rerun from last seasons brochure.
    Hey, thanks... its also running in the Ski Canada gear guide right now too, page 92. Whoops.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!