Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    bump to the top

ads with sound are not cool. not cool.
    I totally agree.....what the fuck are you guys thinking? You do know that most of on TGR are at work right?

Very very not cool

Today was the first time I ran into them and I was about to start a thread thinking they were new...man...fuck Oakley....I am 100% Scott after that shit...good thing I saw this..I am in the market for some new polarized sunglasses....sorry Oakley...you fail.
    Last edited by gretch6364; 02-04-2010 at 01:05 PM.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

That ad is the anti-ad. Everytime it comes up I get a little bit more solidified against ever buying an Oakley product.

Pull your head out of your asses and stop it.

agreed, the ads are annoying, it is almost too easy to scroll over them by accident (i find myself doing this alot but not meaning to). I bet the backend metrics look good to Oakley and maybe that is why they are continuing to use them, but still, they should listen the community and pull them

Are they as annoying as this though?

Today was the first time I noticed that you can mute the ad directly, without having to mute the machine/speakers/etc. There's a speaker icon in the top right. If you're close enough to mouse over it, you're close enough to mute it, I guess.

The ad still sucks.

Everytime I hear the ad, I add another year on my personal Oakley boycott. Up to 6 years of not buying Oakley right now. Funny thing is, a couple of months ago I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on some crowbars, but I wanted to wait just a bit to save up some cash.

Smith thanks you Oakley marketing people...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

They didn't respond to the e-mail. I'm guessing it was ignored. Oh well... I'll keep buying smith from now on.

Just got it again. 7 years now, plus an additional 1 because it was at work and the "I look like an asshole" one played.

Hello Smith, you just earned yourself an 8 year customer. (more likely lifetime)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Full disclosure, I haven't read the entire thread. But I FUCKING HATE the Oakley banners. And, to prove it as a loyal Oakley patron (2 wisdom, 4 A-frames, countless glasses) I just purchased Smith I/O. Fuck you Oakley.

Actually Oakley did me a favor. I thought they had the best lenses in the biz! Nope, the Smith I/O is EVERYTHING a goggle should be. Easy to maintain, easy to change lenses, terrific field of view (it's like not wearing any goggles, you don't see the frames), great color choice, a bag, extra lens, and a hard case for everything. Oakley = wasted money.

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    So TGR should stop allowing one of their sponsors to post up the ads they choose because you are annoyed? Gotcha! Didn't realize they had to bow down to you. Look, don't try and argue that point. Just leave, you won't be missed. Problem solved!
    Yes. Because every person who picks up an ad blocker because of these fucking shitty banners is costing TGR money. This is because there will be that many fewer clicks on other banners because Oakley ruined it for everyone. Fewer clicks means that many fewer pennies that fall into TGR's pocket. Banner for RE: SESSION = GONE. Banner for North Face = GONE. And when Oakley finally does change their campaign there will be that many fewer mags to see the new campaign, next year's video banner, or any other banners because when you install ad blockers you tend just to leave them on. Everyone who gets annoyed enough to start/post in a thread like this is money lost for TGR. How many people have already installed ad ware and not bothered to post? Oakley isn't paying you enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    Just switched on the ad blocker in Camino because of the Oakley ads. Works for me, but don't think it helps TGR any.
    Good bye future revenue.

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

^^^x852. Oakley=Fail. I e-mailed their customer support with a long explanation, including links to both of these threads. No response. Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by telelebowski View Post
    No response. Shocking.
    Maybe their nipples are having a heat wave.

the web is made for flashblock,adblock,and no script.

i have never seen or heard the add.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Fucking annoying to the point that I'll never buy anything Oakley
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

jgb@etree Guest
    Some good has come of this banner. It's driven me to find IE7Pro, which blocks the ad, gives me some cool new functionality, and causes TGR and other webpages to load much faster.

Oakley has won. They have us talking about this stoopid ad.

TGR- I am loath to criticize, but drop them like a hot rock.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post
    Oakley has won. They have us talking about this stoopid ad.

TGR- I am loath to criticize, but drop them like a hot rock.
    You gonna finance their trips all over the world to film skiers and produce a movie?

^^^No.

Just casting my lot with the brethren who have spoken here. I can only imagine how difficult it is to secure paid banners in this economy.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

easily the worst ad in the history of the world...ever.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

advres Guest

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    You gonna finance their trips all over the world to film skiers and produce a movie?
    i can't replace the income from the oakley campaign, but if someone approached me to buy advertising here, i would bite (at least this time of year). i'm a little broke at other times.

as an aside, i've seen titles changed on threads and got the impression we could do that when editing a post. i tried though, and still can't seem to do it.

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post

I can't imagine what kind of retard designed that dumbass shit.
    I bet everyone at Smith is laughing their ass off at this train wreck.
    Bump because we are laughing our asses off. thanks for the support everyone!
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots