Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    yeah maybe...
    or maybe the ads that blast you with shit-talking when you mouse over them are too much for a site like this?

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    Maybe you should either not surf the web while you are paying for an education or at least turn your speakers off. Again, a simple solution for stupid people.
    You being one of them? Regardless of where you surf from (home, work, school, etc) they are annoying and intrusive. In some of those situations, simply turning off your speakers would compromise other necessities of internet usage.

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by QuikR12 View Post
    You being one of them? Regardless of where you surf from (home, work, school, etc) they are annoying and intrusive. In some of those situations, simply turning off your speakers would compromise other necessities of internet usage.
    Let me explain it again so even a neanderthal like you can understand. On your home computer you can install whatever you wish and there are ways to make these ads go away forever. Problem solved.
    If you're surfing at school on a school laptop where you can't install whatever you wish I doubt you will be using your speakers during a lecture. Again, problem solved.

So TGR should stop allowing one of their sponsors to post up the ads they choose because you are annoyed? Gotcha! Didn't realize they had to bow down to you. Look, don't try and argue that point. Just leave, you won't be missed. Problem solved!

Let me explain it again so even a neanderthal like you can understand. On your home computer you can install whatever you wish and there are ways to make these ads go away forever. Problem solved.
    If you're surfing at school on a school laptop where you can't install whatever you wish I doubt you will be using your speakers during a lecture. Again, problem solved.

So TGR should stop allowing one of their sponsors to post up the ads they choose because you are annoyed? Gotcha! Didn't realize they had to bow down to you. Look, don't try and argue that point. Just leave, you won't be missed. Problem solved!
    No, I think I will argue this point. TGR hosts these ads for their sponsors because why? Because TGR has a shitload of members/users that the sponsor is attempting to solicit to. If the targets of the solicitation find them annoying as hell, then those solicitations are probably not effective, are they? Obviously, if multiple threads are being created to remove the ads, here, in the padded room, etc, it is not just me who is annoyed.

From my situation, I browse TGR from work, where I am not able to install any software.

Get off your donkey Advres. I don't think Oakley or TGR for that matter would appreciate you telling members of their targeted audience to leave. Even as a former admin stripped of your power, you're out of line here, I hope even a senseless moron like yourself can see that.

I sent them an e-mail. I'll let you know what they respond with.

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by QuikR12 View Post
    No, I think I will argue this point. TGR hosts these ads for their sponsors because why? Because TGR has a shitload of members/users that the sponsor is attempting to solicit to. If the targets of the solicitation find them annoying as hell, then those solicitations are probably not effective, are they? Obviously, if multiple threads are being created to remove the ads, here, in the padded room, etc, it is not just me who is annoyed.

From my situation, I browse TGR from work, where I am not able to install any software.

Get off your donkey Advres. I don't think Oakley or TGR for that matter would appreciate you telling members of their targeted audience to leave. Even as a former admin stripped of your power, you're out of line here, I hope even a senseless moron like yourself can see that.
    When was I stripped of my admin privileges? And until I hear differently I have every right to voice my opinion, just like you do.

If this company that I have liked and patronized takes down an ad everyone hates and replaces it with something better, thus doing everyone a favor....would that change your outlook on this?

It's one thing to bitch: "the ad bugs me, please ban it because I say so"....

it's another thing to give some realistic feedback: "the ad is turning everyone off, it sucks, do something better for your own good."

I think I see your point, nobody here is going to bully TGR into dicking around with their advertisers and revenue. I'm totally cool with that, but it's beside the point.

I can't imagine what kind of retard designed that dumbass shit.
    I bet everyone at Smith is laughing their ass off at this train wreck.

These adds are similar to NSFW thread which are not labeled as such. People can get busted surfing the forum at work or school because of them. I might be cool with them IF they were funny, but they are very far that. I almost feel sorry for Oakley for spending money on such a retarded add campaign. But instead I will not purchase any of their products and I will not advise anyone else to buy their products.

At first I thought these adds were some lame short term joke that would go soon away but they've been there for about a month now and I think people are getting pissed.

I do PR and marketing.

This campaign is so bad, it doesn't even hit the 'well, dude, check it out, they are talking about it!' mark.

It is just awful.

Buh-bye, Oakley, this is FAIL
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Am I the one that really likes these ads? (Of course I can't hear them, because I rock out to Lady Gaga and Flo-rida on my Oakley thumps 24/7).

Oh yeah.

Advers: re "turn your speakers off you stupid fucking jong"

99.99% of computers in school don't have speakers on them. there were a few of us who found out that the ones in this lab do. Not only that, but the only on / off control for them is a button on the keyboard, which has no indicator as to weather or not they are on. no icon near the clock to adjust their volume either. probably the stupidest thing Dell has ever put into a computer. basically, you have no way to know if they are on untill seth starts screaming at you.

Oakley, if you are listening, ditch the stupid fucking adds. enough is enough already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

"Iceman skis in jeans" is soooooo 2009.

Advres skis in Oakleys.

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    "Iceman skis in jeans" is soooooo 2009.

Advres skis in Oakleys.
    advres snowboards in 686.

Just switched on the ad blocker in Camino because of the Oakley ads. Works for me, but don't think it helps TGR any.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    I think I see your point, nobody here is going to bully TGR into dicking around with their advertisers and revenue. I'm totally cool with that, but it's beside the point.
    And yet advres is encouraging us to do things like install adblockers, which is generally not something that advertisers like. There's some irony in there or something.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

add my name to the list of people actively annoyed by the oakley ads. I cruise tgr while I'm home, usually have pandora or some of my own music playing. having that annoying-ass voice interject into my tunes sucks.

and ya, advres, just for sticking up for this kind of annoying advertising, for this thread atleast, you suck too.

We've won it. It's going to get better now. You can sort of tell these things.

advres Guest
    I get it... I am teh suck. Next!

Hugh Conway Guest
    If you got it you wouldn't be here. The advertising product on offer here is "the people too fucking dumb/restricted to install a browser without adblocking"

havent noticed them lately. gone?
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

I *think* we killed the campaign. Good effort, horrible execution. I understood the concept, but the final product was...annoying...to be polite. It just didn't deliver teh funneh, as it were.

Better luck next time!

Don't fire the creative team, just vet the product better!

(were you all super baked/inside joke stuff?)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Now can we get rid of advres' massive youtube signature ad?

Skiing made me Board

Quote Originally Posted by Breakwater View Post

baby steps. at least he got rid of that bloody colour-flashing avatar. I was tired of getting siezures every time I scrolled past one of his posts

Adblock software FTW; it makes the internet a wonderful place...

http://adblockplus.org/en/

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Breakwater View Post

You can do that yourself! Go to your control panel and turn off signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I *think* we killed the campaign.
    Negative, ghost rider.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy