SIA Maggot summit

Who's going? How to meet up?
    SFB is in. I'm trying to convince splat to join in.
    We'll be spending time in Denver and Breck.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I'll be there.
    The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.

I'm in Denver and down to meet for beers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

I'll be there Thur-Sat and then working*cough* skiing the on-snow both days.

I will be at the show and looking to find some pow the days after.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I'll be there Thur-Sat and then working*cough* skiing the on-snow both days.
    x2 ditto
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

I get there Wednesday morning and work through Friday, then will be up in them thar hills with a buddy from growing up. Game for beers one of those nights.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

I'll be there Friday and Saturday

i will be there at some point... demo on monday for shizzle...
    smile when you are going down, it looks more graceful
    dobish.blogspot.com Dynafit & O1 Adapter or AXL/2nd Ski Kit Sandwich Blog

So gay it's not in Vegas anymore............

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    So gay it's not in Vegas anymore............
    Agreed. At first I was stoked because I have friends in Denver and I hate Vegas after a few SIA's there. But then I thought about it and turned out be correct--nobody is going to come to Denver. Vegas was an attraction in itself to a lot of shop owners who live in the mountains, East Coast, etc. But spending all that coin to go to--another town in the rockies? Poor decision on SIA's part and attendance is way down this year.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Agreed. At first I was stoked because I have friends in Denver and I hate Vegas after a few SIA's there. But then I thought about it and turned out be correct--nobody is going to come to Denver. Vegas was an attraction in itself to a lot of shop owners who live in the mountains, East Coast, etc. But spending all that coin to go to--another town in the rockies? Poor decision on SIA's part and attendance is way down this year.
    We'll see what happens, next year. If the snow was better, more people would be stoked. For me, I'm using it as an excuse to see some friends in CO, that I haven't seen in awhile. Whenever, I go to Vegas, I'm too busy winning $$$, hanging with the family, and getting caught up in the scene. If they do move the show back to Vegas, they should consider waiting until March, so people could make deals around the pool, while sucking on MaiTais and fake boobies. I think that the industry wants the show earlier, rather than later, and people were getting frustrated with Vegas in Jan./Feb.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

most people hate vegas.

the rise of region shows, a lack of urgency in the buyers eyes due to the excessively long show season (preview shows are first week of jan, final wwsra show is mid march), and a poor selling season all contribute to low attendance. just another example of the ski industry being completely miss-managed, with little foresight.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    most people hate vegas.
    You hate freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

I'm busier at this SIA show than I've ever been at the Vegas show, but that's mainly due to many of my outdoor shops skipping OR to save $$ and making the drive to Denver from Vail & SuCo. I'm stoked as it saves us a ton of money as well. It all depends on the territory. We've been showing some brands since late October, and the standard deadline for preseason orders has already passed; most of my orders are already in with regards to softgoods. Smaller shops aren't sending as many staff to the shows, since many of them are already running lean this season. Manufacturers also keep pressing for earlier deadlines for production, so there's another issue with regards to timing of the shows. Pair that with less-than-stellar snow totals up to this point and buyers and their bosses are looking to cut back on the number of shows they attend.

On our end, the regional show WWSRA is dying for a number of reasons that I won't discuss here. The winter show is still stronger than the spring, but both have seen a major decrease in attendance over previous years.

There is a lot more room in Denver. I'm optimistic this will be great in the long run for vendors and a better experience for our buyers. It's certainly going to be good for downtown businesses. But yeah, I'm guessing we won't be seeing Snoop Dog or Gene Simmons at this year's SIA show...

See you all there.

I will be there the 26th through the 3rd.

Booth# 4333.

Come say hi.

I heard rumors that Mandalay was offering to good to be true deal to get them back to Vegas.But yeah it's better that it's in Denver now as there is no good skiing in Vegas
    pic from today 45 miles from my house

^^^ BUMP ^^^

who else is around?
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

me, thur/fri/sat primarily Dynastar...
    the general consensus up here is "why would i leave winter and skiing to just go to winter" no matter what SIA says if people live near skiing they aren't going to a trade show and then go skiing and be out of the store for 5 or more days...
    plus that airport in Denver is a tragedy....
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

I'm looking for a roadtrip partner, someone needing a ride, or someone not wanting to drive solo to SIA this next week; SLC to Denver. I'm leaving after work on Wednesday around 5ish and making way. I will not be staying for the on snow demo days and will come back Sunday. If you only want to head one way with me, that's fine.

Gas split is all I ask.

PM me with questions or to hitch a ride.

I'll be there Thurs/Fri, then to X Games Sat/Sun, then to Winter Park Mon/Tues, then Stratton Weds/Thurs, then Mt. Snow (Dew Tour) Fri/Sat, then Boyne Sun/Mon/Tues...

somebody wake me up when it's over.

May be at the show and the Monday demo (pending the boss-man deciding to get us lackeys in), but definitely up for beers one night.