Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I want to be clear that it is in no way a noodle, it is just happiest when it's transitioning from edge to edge.
    although this is true you can totally open these things up if you want to in the right conditions. I did a run off the top of the paranoids at mammoth all the way to chair 12 in about 6 turns at mach speed and that tip rocker and ability to easily initiate a turn worked great.

I would love to try out the new version and see how it compares. I to wish I had wrens but not in place of the goats, just to go along with them. I see some more on3p skis for me next season if I get a job
    Carry on my wayward son...

Anyone know of any females using the 176 billy goats? Thinking about, but not sure if its a good idea. She's 5'10'' 135 and currently has some shorter atomic kailas, but I am thinking with the running length it may be a good option for soft days. But maybe too much ski as well.

Interesested in the 2011, which few have ridden, but think the few more mm of tail may help finish the turn when on groomers/firmer snow.

Worst case scenario isn't too bad as I guess if I mount it with Barons, she could use on the rare deep day and I could get some use out of BC.

They are really nimble dude. Really playful and easy turning. I havn't skied the new ones(yet) but I can't imagine them beint TOO different, just a little more stable on edge. I did see a chick on some BG's out the western boundary at T-line on some BG's. She was crazy about them.
    Training for Alpental

Phiber,

I really wanted to hear they are too burly. Thanks for the info. Need to make a ski purchase for her before I can get anything else for myself and the 2011, or even next years 2012s may do it.

I don't think a strong female skier would have any problem on the 176 BGs. The short running length makes them pretty damn easy to ski and they are very very nimble. The 2011s will ski 95% the same in pow/trees and just be that much easier on the groomers. I saw go for it. Chicks on Billy Goats = hawtness.

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    I don't think a strong female skier would have any problem on the 176 BGs. The short running length makes them pretty damn easy to ski and they are very very nimble. The 2011s will ski 95% the same in pow/trees and just be that much easier on the groomers. I saw go for it. Chicks on Billy Goats = hawtness.

X2

"If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    Chicks on Billy Goats = hawtness.
    This taken out of context...haha

Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing about the 2011 being just a touch better/easier to turn on the groom.

I heard they have them in stock NOW.
    Training for Alpental

Yeah looks like the 186s are in stock

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Yeah looks like the 186s are in stock
    From Iggyskier in the ON3P thread on Gear Swap:

About 15 pairs of 186cm BGs in stock. That is it for a couple of months.