Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    I found the neck strap of the element harness would loosen off all the time so I pinned the buckle with a safety pin and lately I just carry the beacon in the pocket of my pants tethered to the zipper pull
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

thanks. I just pulled the trigger on these for my kids. Bury them in the leaves for some testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    The 3+ (and other Ortovox beacons) gained a RECCO chip for this season.
    So a good deal for sure on last year's stock!
    Last year's 3+ dropped to $175 today at bc.com. I just bought two for pretty much what I'd started out expecting to pay for one. EDIT: all gone now
    Last edited by monkfish; 11-27-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGortex View Post

She took a couple decent tumbles in bounds recently (wearing the beacon), noticed it was broken when she went to turn it on before leaving the gates. So we aren't clear exactly when, how or what happened. Just assuming the obvious.
    Send back in. But, don't post about her may have broken it..... And BTW, I don't work for Ortovox at more.
    Last edited by Hacksaw; 02-11-2015 at 08:27 AM.
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Thanks. Edited my post, and I'm sending it in for repair.

I am a 3 season in on my 3+ and still like it enough I use it at work rather than one from the "pool".

I am baffled how someone could break the screen without suffering major bodily damage.

Several co-workers are now wearing their beacons in pants pockets rather than on harness's to reduce interference with radio, tools etc.

I took a pretty good hip check about 10 days ago that if I had the beacon in my pocket it would have been broken, along with my hip so I will continue to use the harness.

175.00 is a great deal.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I thought that the rule was it goes in the harness, not in clothes, because a slide can rip the clothes off?
    not counting days 2016-17

I agree. ^^^
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Because I saw that BDEL has a line of pants coming out with dedicated beacon pockets. Which I thought was weird.
    not counting days 2016-17