Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Frozen- The Movie

If you haven't seen this trailer yet, it's hilarious (unintentionally):

http://bit.ly/4AWw8E

Frozen- shot at Snowbasin last Feb. will premiere at this year's Sundance Film Fest. Midnight screening at the Egyptian Theater in Park City, Jan. 24.

Seems despite the fact that people could watch the filming live on Snowbasin's webcams last Feb and March, and that EVERYONE has talked about the movie being shot at The Basin, the resort didn't want their name or logo in the film. They are afraid of the negative impression the "unhappy" ending might stir up. I love their tag: What Jaws did for swimming, Frozen will do for skiing.
    The flick stars Kevin Zegers (Transamerica, Dawn Of The Dead), Shawn Ashmore (X-Men, The Ruins) and Emma Bell (The Bedford Diaries). The story revolves around three riders (two snowboarders and one skier) who find themselves stranded on a chairlift -supposedly at a New England ski resort, HA!- that is closed during the week. Apparently the writer/director used to bribe the lift operator with cash to get on the lift without a ticket and it worked so he used it in the film. Hmmm, Maybe I'll try that at Snowbasin.
    He claimed that nights on the mountaintop hit well below zero and the cast sat "suspended 50 feet in the air and facing the elements for a good portion of the film. To say I'm fucking cold would be a vast understatement."

Here's the gist behind the story- You know that jump you get in your throat when the chair suddenly stops over a super high spot? What would happen if it never re-started?

Even more fun

go to the website and put your mouse pointer up the butt of the guy hanging off the chair.

His butt shoots shotgun noises!!

http://www.frozen-film.com/

Wish I had a butt shotgun
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

BEST SKI MOVIE EVER!

We all need this type of wake up call, we really do. IT could happen to you, me or our best buddy. Maybe not this year, maybe next, but eventually......

SPOILER ALERT: Wolves are bad.

saw the trailer today. I thought i was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by GotamaRider View Post
    saw the trailer today. I thought i was a joke.
    watched the movie a week ago or so. was hilariously stupid

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Wish I had a butt shotgun
    I bet they really wished they'd had butt shotguns too.

I saw it the other day. It was as said previously "hilariously stupid".
    Worth a netflix for a laugh, but in no way would I consider buying it.

Si hoc non legere potes tu asinus es

I think Big Sky actually did this to some people some years ago. Fucked up closing up one of the quads on the lower mountain, left people up there. There were some stranded tourons, there was some jumping, some broken limbs, some giant lawsuits. Everyone kind of took it as representative of the kind of junk show they run there, but I only ever heard about it through word of mouth.

thta happened to a buddy of mine maybe 10 yrs back at the local hill ,i think one of them jumped but nobody got hurt

One of my roomies worked on that movie apparently they make alot of movies in utah

From a lift mechanic's perspective, it was pretty hilarious.

"Be careful, the cable is razor sharp!"

And the secondary safety rope that unwinds from the grip,,,,HA!

apparently they shot that off the back of the P-lot at snow basin ,brought in a tower ,some cables, a chair and a fork lift to raise it all up once the acters were in place

other than 5 days of shooting around the hill that was the whole set, apparently the chairs going off in the distance were made sequentialy smaller with the cables converging to make it look distant but the distance is really just the length of a kitchen

and apparently its not a great movie

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    that I don't believe

I found it very educational to be honest.... I had no idea that the cable could do that to your hands. really made me have to rethink my game plan incase I ever get left behind on a chairlift

apparently they shot that off the back of the P-lot at snow basin ,brought in a tower ,some cables, a chair and a fork lift to raise it all up once the acters were in place

other than 5 days of shooting around the hill that was the whole set, apparently the chairs going off in the distance were made sequentialy smaller with the cables converging to make it look distant but the distance is really just the length of a kitchen

Some of it was shot that way, a lot of it was shot on the Wildcat chair. It seemed like they were around for more than 5 days though. They kept the wolves in a pen under the chair for a while.

I was hoping it'd be a documentary about frozenwater.

I GOT BROKEN LEGS!!! I GOT BROKEN LEGS!!!

1 scene movies, why do they make these? Like the one about the dude trapped in a phone booth the whole time. Oh yeah, because they only have to pay for 1 phone booth, or chair lift.

Within the genre though, I just saw Solo, the Andrew Mcauley story. Completely filmed within a kayak, for 3 weeks. I had a nasty incident sea kayaking in New Zealand last year at Kaikoura, caught by a storm 3 hours ahead of it's forecast, which peaked my interest in this. Painful, yes, but quite a good story. Andrew is the first person ever to kayak from Australia to New Zealand.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvCt3AVWr2s"]YouTube - Lost Kayak at Sea[/nomedia]

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    I GOT BROKEN LEGS!!! I GOT BROKEN LEGS!!!
    Summed up in 1 sentence Ripzalot...

A horrible movie. All skier should watch for entertaniment in the thought that in the weird possibilty and absurd happenings that this could actually happen..

I though they did a really good job making it, the production values were really high. Unfortunately the script got weaker and weaker as the movie went along. Not giving out any spoilers but it needed some twists and turns along the way, it wasn't very creative.

If they had done a lousy job filming, it would have been better, then it would have been funny. But it doesn't qualify for "so bad its good" status.

I'm surprised the screenwriter didn't come up with a better middle/ending. The script made it actually believable that they got stuck on the lift, which I wouldn't have thought possible.

AKA is offline These meaasge boards suck
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Some of it was shot that way, a lot of it was shot on the Wildcat chair. It seemed like they were around for more than 5 days though. They kept the wolves in a pen under the chair for a while.

seemed t lke they were there forever and wasn't it shot 2 seasons ago?

Quote Originally Posted by AKA View Post
    seemed t lke they were there forever and wasn't it shot 2 seasons ago?

Yeah, I think you're right.

I just watched this movie the other night. It was terrible. And not funny terrible like I thought it would be, it was just bad. Hard to watch. The dramatic, emotional talks on the chairlift about girlfriends of the past... please. It had a couple funny moments, but all in all, a waste of time.

I don't understand how the writer/director/actors could have taken it seriously?!?
    Skiing, whether you're in Wisconsin or the Alps, is a dumbass hick country sport that takes place in the middle of winter on a mountain at the end of a dirt road.
    -Glen Plake

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Buddy sez they couldnt shut down the chair to shoot a movie so they had to build the fake chair ,the 5 days was for shots around the ski area and the rest on the fake chair ... just repeating what someone who worked on the movie tells me

Buddy sez they couldnt shut down the chair to shoot a movie so they had to build the fake chair ,the 5 days was for shots around the ski area and the rest on the fake chair ... just repeating what someone who worked on the movie tells me
    The wildcat chair probably only runs 5 times a year anyway so it wasn't a big deal. And almost all of it was at night.

Those were some very aggressive, and down-right mean, wolves. It's like they had a vendetta to serve.
    He who shall so shall he who.

It was horrible? Really? No way?