Question on Hotronic boot heaters?

edit; these are Therm-ic boot heaters, not Hotronics

A couple questions about the Therm-ic boot heaters. I bought a set of battery packs from a mag, and a new set of foot beds, but I am not exactly sure how they work.

When I plug the battery pack into the charger the red light is on, and it eventually blinks, which I assume means they are fully charged...correct?

How do you turn them on when connected to the foot beds? There seems to be a very, very slight click when I press the semi-circular area, but I can't feel any heat. Are they on anytime they are plugged into the battery, or is there an on/off switch?

These are Li-ion battery packs

Thanks, if these work, you will make my wife very happy (and me, in turn)

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

just set up 2 sets of supermax thermic (thanks tramdock). Got to use them in zero temp and they really help.

directions are: plug in charger. plug in one battery. when red light is one, attach other. On my charger there is a yellow button for discharge. press it, the yellow light comes on, then off. when red light blinks they are charged. takes about six hours to charge.

if these are new it says to charge/discharge a few times. took a few to get the batteries working well.

hope this helps.
    Battle lines being drawn, nobody’s right if everybody’s wrong, old people speaking their minds, getting so much resistance from behind.

I think I got the charging part figured out (older ones do not have a discharge button, which would be handy). The big question is the on/off/power level switch. On the new units it says on/off, but mine do not. It looks the same otherwise. When I press the area there is a barely audible click. I just don't know if that is how the system works, or are these just not functioning.

I assume when they are on there is a detectable warmth to the foot bed, right? Or is it so subtle that you can't feel it? I guess I will just have her ski them and see what happens.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

The on/off 'button' is very subtle as you have noticed. When you have turned them on you should get the blinking red light - and the blinking frequency shows which level you have them on (37, 45 and 70 degrees Celsius). The first few steps are harder to notice if you are inside and warm, but you'll definately feel level 3 if it's working.

I bought mine two weeks ago, and the first set I got was not working! They would charge, but no lights when connecting to soles and turning on. I returned them for a new set, has worked flawlessly in the very cold days we've had here since When I bought them, there was another customer in with the same problem.

Was your set used? Sounds like a warranty issue.

my store just sells the hottonics, but we warranty just as many thermics as hottronics. Thermic has some cool ideas, but stuff just seems to go wrong often.

jgb@etree Guest
    A: Yes, using boot heaters does make you gay.

A: Yes, using boot heaters does make you gay.
    But buying your girl boot heaters makes you a frickin' hero. Just sayin' - Valentine's Day is right around the corner.

Having a wife with warm feet greatly increases my chances of getting laid at the end of a ski day, so I don't think that makes me gay.

Sounds like these may not be working properly since I don't see any lights flashing except when plugged into the charger. I got the from a mag for beer money, so no great loss, but I'll keep fiddling.

iscariot

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Having a wife with warm feet greatly increases my chances of getting laid at the end of a ski day, so I don't think that makes me gay.
    It doesn't, but you didn't mention they were for wifey in the OP.

G'luck getting them working. Should we wait for the helmet cam footage of apres ski booty if you manage to get the heaters working for the Mrs?

Edit:

Not sure if this was in the post originally or added via edit:

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Thanks, if these work, you will make my wife very happy (and me, in turn)
    In any event, you knew what I was getting at in the first place

N41'25,71 W70'40,71 or my mobile ski chalet
    hutash
    sorry i did not respond to you pm. i cant remember if i sent you the lith-ion or the nic-cad as i remember the lith-ion have 3 settings def by speed of blinking light and nic cad has a salector switch. I jest charge them every night both worked well.

looked back at my old pm's you got the lith ion. you can downloade the directions on line.
    Last edited by samhop; 01-04-2010 at 07:13 PM.
    can't spell don't care.

^^^thanks. I looked three times for info., but only found retail info., but this time I found the Thermic website so I will down load and see if that helps.

Thanks

iscariot