Good online photo book?

I've been messing with Blurb for the last couple of days... I was able to design and create the book pretty easily with their software, but the damn thing doesn't want to upload to their website. I've tried 10x, at least. If the upload fails many more times, they're losing my business.

So- is there an online photo book website that's comparable to Blurb? I like their customization options, and their prices seem reasonable. I would like to keep it under $100 for a ~12x12" hardcover book with around 80 pages. Snapfish, Shutterfly, and MyPublisher all seem pretty basic with fewer options.

What are my other choices?

I just got one done with viovio... Quality was pretty bad, but it was cheap and I got it pretty quickly. For the price, everyone seems say blurb is the way to go (price/quality)... There's a few other names I've seen floating around, but can't remember off hand.

Looks like my post worked- the complete upload of my book file just went through after being denied 10-12 times, so I ordered the book. I'll report back on the quality in a week or so, whenever I get it.

I ordered the 13x11" hardcover with the book jacket cover. Around 75 pages.

Awesome, I'd really love to see the quality blurb puts out.

I really, really recommend MyCanvas
    http://www.mycanvas.com/

My wife and I made our wedding photo books using this site and I also put together a calendar for the family as a Christmas present. Prices were good, turnaround time was excellent and the quality superb. We were both very, very happy with this site.

The site is linked with SmugMug but also works very easily with Flickr. You can upload pictures from your hard drive too. I worked on the calendar from work, on my home PC and from my wife's laptop and never ran in to any problems.

I've tried Qoop and a few others in the past and wasn't very happy. Looks like my advice may be a little late for you, but in the future, you should check MyCanvas out.

FWIW Apple does a nice job via iPhoto and the best of the best is Asuka Books.

My Brother-in-Law just sent us an Apple Book and it was awesome.

To follow up on the Blurb book- I received it today, one day earlier than expected. I would say this book is pretty high quality, I'm definitely impressed and happy with the product. I ordered the premium paper, which I would highly recommend- anything thinner wouldn't be good enough for a hardcover book of this size (13x11). The pictures came out crisp, the book jacket fits perfectly, and everything is as expected. For their price, I would definitely not hesitate to order from them again (if only they can improve the upload process).

I don't think their books are high-quality enough for something like a wedding album, but compared to Snapfish and Shutterfly books, Blurb is MUCH better.

^ Awesome to hear. I'm gonna try them out next time around.

Thanks!

Done a few apple books for potential clients. I've been very happy with the quality and the speed in which they deliver. Can't say I know how they compare in cost to others.
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

^^^ For reference, the book I ordered was a 13x11" coffee table-sized hardcover with a nice glossy book jacket. 75-ish pages, premium paper, with semi-custom design layouts (not extra, just a nice perk). I did 2-day shipping and the total was $90.

+1 for Blurb. Used them to print up some wedding photo books. Very happy with the finished product.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    ^^^ For reference, the book I ordered was a 13x11" coffee table-sized hardcover with a nice glossy book jacket. 75-ish pages, premium paper, with semi-custom design layouts (not extra, just a nice perk). I did 2-day shipping and the total was $90.
    Sounds about like the iBook. Don't know if they have that size format. You compose the book online and then the price is quoted to you immediately. I was more than happy with the quality of the product. They've added some additional features since my last printing. Book Jackets, format size options, etc.

What I liked about it is you can compose right from i Photo, so it's pretty much drag and click and text edit.
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

For Blurb, you download their software and use it whenever you'd like, and then upload the book to their site. The pages are fully customizable if you'd like- you don't have to use someone's predetermined layouts- and its drag and drop as well. Its definitely the easiest template I've used.

Any update on suggestions? Putting something together for 1st anniversary...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I really like adorama's books.

+1 for Blurb. I've done a few with them this year and have been very pleased with the result. Plus there's a ton of coupon codes out there so you should be able to get some nice discounts especially on your first book.

I had a Groupon from A&I about a year ago for a photo book and was really impressed with their software and also the finished product. Had another one more recently from Shutterfly. It was OK, but definitely below the standards of A&I.

Another nod for photo books through iPhoto/Apple. I made one as a gift last x-mas. Very simple, inexpensive and it came out perfect.

Anyone have any experience with Costco? Their prints are good value, was wondering how their photobooks compare to some of the others out there.

Just did my first book through Blurb -- quality is fantastic, looks like a seriously professional photo book. Also did one last year with Shutterfly, and while cheaper, the quality and finish aren't the same -- just looks cheap and some of the pages have come loose already.
    Gallery || Facebook || Instagram
    Go that way, really fast...if something gets in your way, TURN!

Adorama makes a pretty sweet one. Just head to adorama.com. It's pretty simple and intuitive.

----
    Action Photo School

I've done a few with Adorama. I liked the quality.