Salamon SB boots w/ heat moldable liners - DIY?

Just bought a pair of 09 Salamon Malamutes online. Previously had a pair that I loved to piece, literally.

Is there a way to home-mold these liners, or is it fine to break them in the old fashioned way? I think that might be kinda painful, and I don't get all that many days on the hill each year lately.

Called a Jim Jones Wilderness sports here in Boston and they were asking $65 just to heat them up. They can't be serious....

Any maggot advice?
    "My geode must be acknowledged"

I'm on my 3rd pair of malamutes, never molded any em. Maybe I'm missing the boat. Ripping boots tho.

another cambridgian eh? nice. i'm in inman/central/kendall.

you can bake em yerself but you gotta do it right... do some searching around here, it's been covered... i'll get ya started [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70080"]Heat molding ski boots at home? - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

dRider, very much agreed. Interesting.

Corey, thanks for the link. Didn't find it on my earlier searches. And yes, Cambridgistan - living between harvard and central.
    "My geode must be acknowledged"

ricebag it / blowdryer / any of those types of heat molding
    holy fucking shitballs

Heating your liners only accelerates the break in process... it's not that necessary.