Teton Teepee help needed....rideit? Drictor locals?

I know it was in operation last year, but I can't find any info online this year as their website doesn't exist anymore. No phone number, ect.
    Does anybody know if they are open this year? Are the rates the same?
    Thanks in advance-

307-353-8176 still open this season the wbsite should be up by christmas. www.tetonteepee.com

Thanks for the info!!
    -Fats

Quote Originally Posted by Fat City View Post
    I know it was in operation last year, but I can't find any info online this year as their website doesn't exist anymore. No phone number, ect.
    Does anybody know if they are open this year? Are the rates the same?
    Thanks in advance-
    I talked to Jeff(who managed it last seaon) at the grocery store just the other day. He is no longer working there but said it is open this season. You may find it has a different vibe(i.e. attitude towards partying), but everything else is the same as last year. Seems like every other season they reshuffle the deck at that place. It's lodge, its a motel, its a bar, its a hostel, it's open to the public, its not, BYO drinking is ok, no, wait, it conflicts with our dormant liquor license... yadayadayada......
    Last edited by neckdeep; 12-11-2009 at 10:42 AM.

Excellent. Going to pull the trigger on the "4 pack" and will be spending a few nights @ the Teepee. Thanks. See ya'll in the blower.

Well they do have a big ass for sale sign out front, have for a while now.
    Live Free or Die

They wanted 2m two years ago, I tried to help them find buyers. It was waaay too much then, I would bet it's worth 1/2 that now.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

That is symptomatic of what went wrong around here. i.e. asset with hands-on ownership/management rooted in rational supply/demand curve vs. asset converted to abstract investment vehicle for outside wealth.

The Teepee is definitely NOT precisely indicative of what you describe, however. It has history and location. NOT a spec venture for 'outside wealth', by any means. Mark and Squeak built that place with their own hands with their dad.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Ahhh.....econ 101.....Our economy is rather hopelessly tied to dreams that outsiders will come in and pay large sums of money for assets as real estate investments(an external market) regardless of how much income the asset may yield as a local business(the reality). It frustrated entreprenuers. Example...Three Rivers Ranch flyshop(where I worked) wanted to buy or lease a new spot in Driggs. Even now, could not find anything in line with the reality of our revenue. So store stays small, we buy less, we don't add the second employee and viable spots sit empty. All because our local economy is tied to false expectations. And bad debts. And the inexplicable logic that, even though it was a misguided fantasy in the first place, don't worry its gonna come back around again. Example...Teepee is valued at a price that requires it to gross $200,000 annually to see a reasonabe rate of return.Thats a stretch so it doesn't sell and does not end up in the hands of someone who wants to run it to its potential and so it sort of languishes between changing business plans and managers. Underperforming and yet still overvalued is our new motif.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 12-11-2009 at 02:50 PM.