Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 1933
    It's like a Keurig for liquor. The one I used is Bev by Black and Decker. You put a pod with the mixer parts in the machine and the machine sucks up the type of liquor and water needed for the drink and the liquids mix when going into your glass. Takes about 30 sec. or less to get your drink.
    The cocktails aren't as good as fresh made ones, but most of the ones I've tried are decent and it's really convenient if you want a few different kinds of cocktails made from different liquors.

we’re fucked

No. Just no.

If you don’t have the cocktail ingredients you drink the bourbon straight. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ok experts, with these prices and limited number of bottles, which would you suggest as your 5 lottery entries?
    https://www.oregon.gov/olcc/liquorst...opurchase.aspx

BLANTON'S SINGLE BARREL - KENTUCKY BOURBON WHISKEY - $69.95 (72 Entries will be selected)
    BLANTON'S STRAIGHT FROM THE BARREL- KENTUCKY BOURBON WHISKEY - $150.00 (6 Entries will be selected)
    DON JULIO 1942 ULTIMA RESERVA-EXTRA ANEJO TEQUILA - $499.95 (6 Entries will be selected)
    E.H. TAYLOR JR. SMALL BATCH - KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - $49.95 (36 Entries will be selected)
    EAGLE RARE 17YR. - KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - $124.95 (9 Entries will be selected)
    GEORGE T. STAGG- KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - $124.95 (48 Entries will be selected)
    OLD RIP VAN WINKLE l0YR./107 PROOF - KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - $99.95 (39 Entries will be selected)
    PAPPY VAN WINKLE FAMILY RESERVE 15YR. - KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - $169.95 (8 Entries will be selected)
    PAPPY VAN WINKLE FAMILY RESERVE 20YR. - KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - $279.95 (6 Entries will be selected)
    PAPPY VAN WINKLE FAMILY RESERVE 23YR. - KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - $399.95 (3 Entries will be selected)
    SAZERAC RYE 18YR. - KENTUCKY STRAIGHT RYE WHISKEY - $124.95 (6 Entries will be selected)
    THOMAS H. HANDY SAZERAC - STRAIGHT RYE WHISKEY - $124.95 (33 Entries will be selected)
    VAN WINKLE FAMILY RESERVE RYE 13YR. - KENTUCKY STRAIGHT RYE WHISKEY -$169.95 (3 Entries will be selected)
    VAN WINKLE SPECIAL RESERVE 12YR. - KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - $109.95 (34 Entries will be selected)
    WELLER ANTIQUE 107 - KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - $55.95 (24 Entries will be selected)
    WILLIAM LARUE WELLER - KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - $124.95 (21 Entries will be selected)

Quote Originally Posted by alembical View Post
    Ok experts, with these prices and limited number of bottles, which would you suggest as your 5 lottery entries?

BLANTON'S SINGLE BARREL - KENTUCKY BOURBON WHISKEY - $69.95 (72 Entries will be selected)
    BLANTON'S STRAIGHT FROM THE BARREL- KENTUCKY BOURBON WHISKEY - $150.00 (6 Entries will be selected)
    DON JULIO 1942 ULTIMA RESERVA-EXTRA ANEJO TEQUILA - $499.95 (6 Entries will be selected)
    E.H. TAYLOR JR. SMALL BATCH - KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - $49.95 (36 Entries will be selected)
    EAGLE RARE 17YR. - KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - $124.95 (9 Entries will be selected)
    GEORGE T. STAGG- KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - $124.95 (48 Entries will be selected)
    OLD RIP VAN WINKLE l0YR./107 PROOF - KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - $99.95 (39 Entries will be selected)
    PAPPY VAN WINKLE FAMILY RESERVE 15YR. - KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - $169.95 (8 Entries will be selected)
    PAPPY VAN WINKLE FAMILY RESERVE 20YR. - KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - $279.95 (6 Entries will be selected)
    PAPPY VAN WINKLE FAMILY RESERVE 23YR. - KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - $399.95 (3 Entries will be selected)
    SAZERAC RYE 18YR. - KENTUCKY STRAIGHT RYE WHISKEY - $124.95 (6 Entries will be selected)
    THOMAS H. HANDY SAZERAC - STRAIGHT RYE WHISKEY - $124.95 (33 Entries will be selected)
    VAN WINKLE FAMILY RESERVE RYE 13YR. - KENTUCKY STRAIGHT RYE WHISKEY -$169.95 (3 Entries will be selected)
    VAN WINKLE SPECIAL RESERVE 12YR. - KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - $109.95 (34 Entries will be selected)
    WELLER ANTIQUE 107 - KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - $55.95 (24 Entries will be selected)
    WILLIAM LARUE WELLER - KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - $124.95 (21 Entries will be selected)
    Eagle 17
    Any of the pappy's
    Sazerac 18

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by alembical View Post

Blantons Straight
    Stagg
    Handy
    Weller Antique
    And probably the EH Taylor

WLW is very good but I would imagine most people will put one of their entries on that.

ETA
    Skip the Weller Antique and go for the Pappy 15/20. I looked at old notes and my comment about the 12 yr was forgettable in comparison.
    Last edited by ghosthop; 02-29-2024 at 09:16 AM.

Pappy 23 is not good. Skip that one. Seriously.

Blantons for sure

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Me, I’d go all 5 on Taylor and at msrp, I think it’s one of the best bottles you can buy and is a personal favorite at any price. Tough to go wrong winning any of those picks though. Really good memories finishing the tail end of a bottle of Sazerac 18 with a bartender one late night so I’d throw a pick or two that way but my nostalgia shouldn’t be your basis.

Read some reviews of modern Saz 18. I’ve had it next to some of the 06-16 batch and am of the opinion that it lost some of the magic.

The Handy is the same mash but I have been told they go through better barrel selection because it’s younger. The full proof Handy has plenty to offer and at least used to be harder to find in the wild at a bar.

This is how I’d roll.

[…]
    […]
    […]
    […]
    WILLIAM LARUE WELLER - KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - $124.95 (21 Entries will be selected)[

William Larue, Pappy 15, Stagg
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Latest quiver additions
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4307.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	712.0 KB 
ID:	488949
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I did a taste comparison of Heaven Hill Bottle in Bond and Blanton's last weekend and I prefer Heaven Hill. The Blanton's had more a dusty corn note.

I haven't had the heaven hill BIB but as much as I've tried I just don't get the Blanton's hype. I quite enjoy very high proof bourbon but I want some body(for lack of a better term) with it. I've said it before but bookers was my go to before it got stupid expensive. I just need to find a reliable source for OG114. Just like skiing the rich douchbags are ruining good bourbon.

Sent from my SM-S236DL using Tapatalk

Blanton's barrel proof is much better than the standard bottle. For bourbon my favorite (that I've tried) full or barrel proof is Weller, but I can't find it around here. I have a Larceny barrel proof and its one of my favorite bourbons.

I can't complain about Blanton's especially when it was a gift. I thought that it was a good buy at $59, but I wouldn't pay $160. Recently, Eagle Rare has eclipsed the $100 price tag. The Blade and Bow is a bit weak on the finish, but very tasty, and a great buy to sit around sipping with buddies.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Tasting note. Tried the Buffalo Trace offering, Traveller Whiskey. Hard pass, but I guess for $34 you get what you pay for. A notch above Bench Mark, but not by much, and several notches below Buffalo Trace. It is a blended whiskey, so not a true bourbon.

My recommendation is to spend your bucks on something else. Option #2, take a shot somewhere, and see what you think.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I can't complain about Blanton's especially when it was a gift. I thought that it was a good buy at $59, but I wouldn't pay $160. Recently, Eagle Rare has eclipsed the $100 price tag. The Blade and Bow is a bit weak on the finish, but very tasty, and a great buy to sit around sipping with buddies.
    Those are marked up prices way over the MSRP and that liquor store is just trying to fleece people. Tell them to fuck off and take your money elsewhere.

Find a store that sells the allocated stuff to it's loyal customers at MSRP.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Speaking of marked up prices. Saw this in California the other day. They EH Taylor for $175 too.

Name:	bourbon.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	490269
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't
    help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs...

Quote Originally Posted by G. Gordon Liddy View Post
    Speaking of marked up prices. Saw this in California the other day. They EH Taylor for $175 too.

Name:	bourbon.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	490269
    That is line with what they’re getting in NY now. On the other hand, today I tasted a Russel’s SB barrel sample that blew my socks off. Can’t wait for that to come in. Nobody will get gouged for it either.

That Heaven Hill Bottled in Bond has become my regular pour since getting some for Christmas. I really like it and it's at a great price point when compared to my usual Woodford.

$100+ for Eagle Rare? Fuck those people. It's good, but that's insulting.
    I still call it The Jake.

Had a few days of work at Fort Knox so figured I better visit a few sites in bourbon country. The start of the trip was in Elizabethtown which is probably not worth a visit on its own but has one amazing bar called Bourbon Barrel Tavern that keeps calling me back. You can also walk around a small part of their downtown with booze in hand which is pretty sweet and relatively uncommon. Unfortunately inflation has hit KY hard (LOL) and a 12 oz of ZombieDust went from $4 to $4.50 since my last visit (2020). What a deal.

We mostly stayed in Frankfort which was a great choice for the places we went and also a fun city to spend St Paddy's day. Frankfort seems mostly sleepy but they have enough bars and sites to keep a small group happy for a long weekend. I particularly enjoyed all the murals on the buildings in the old district and relatively cheap bourbon options.

We ended up doing the free Hard Hat Tour and tasting @ Buffalo Trace which are really generous and very interesting. They clearly could charge a good amount of $ for these but don't. Most tours/tastings at other distilleries seemed to cost at least a little bit. Required booking 3 months in advance so we felt super lucky to snag it. I've done the walk in free tour and it is also great. Buffalo Trace's scale is unbelievable and really puts the industry in perspective. They added a good amount of production capacity since my last visit in 2020 so many things were new.

Yesterday we did the Makers Mark tour which is probably my favorite distillery just in terms of how beautiful the property is. Whereas Buffalo Trace feels very industrial and in a city, Makers feels like the complete opposite to me. Still producing great bourbon but doing it at a much smaller scale in the middle of nowhere amongst green pastures and rolling hills. Tours there cost a bit but aren't very expensive and totally worth it. I also think it's really cool they allow you to dip a bottle for the road.

Also did a tasting at Four Roses which was enjoyable.

We waited in line two mornings at Buffalo Trace. The line was intimidating AF but it moved rapidly so the wait wasn't too bad. You can only buy one of their main releases every 90 days so you have to check in before visiting the shop but they have it dialed in. Happy with what I snagged but I was really hoping for EH and struck out by one day. Maybe next time (anyone in SLC holding extra??

I haven't tasted the 2024 blend I bought at Makers but I'm a sucker for rare shit so they sold me on something that would supposedly only be carried at the distillery and for a short time. Possibly a brilliant gimmick but we shall see!

Last, we checked out Bernheim Forest which is an awesome arboretum and hidden gem near Knox. I'm probably biased because I was born there but KY is a special and very cool state. The rolling green pastures and hill country are unbelievably beautiful and people seemed very inviting.

Name:	PXL_20240318_140413609.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	865.7 KB 
ID:	490927

My eyes--My eyes
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Treated myself special yesterday.

Name:	IMG_3664.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	702.8 KB 
ID:	492736