FS: Elan 999 185cm W/Bindings *UPDATED*

Fore Sale:
    Pair of used (read slightly used) 2008/2009 Elan 999 (Trip 9's) 185cm w/ Elan Demo bindings ELD14.

$250 Shipped is what I am looking to get out of them.

I picked these up from the great lakes regional Elan Rep few years ago. The rep had them for a spring demo in 2008. When I got them they were in perfect condition, zero core shots, not even a scratch on the bases.

There are some of the usual vanity scratches and scuffs on the top sheet, but all in all they are still in great shape.

I skied on these three times last year in Utah, and once back here in Minnesota. They didn't get used much at all. I did a storage wax on them and I will be willing to get them tuned and waxed to your specs if you buy them.

I come from a racing back ground and the larger turn radius is a little too much for me so looking to off load these to fund for another pair of out west skis.

EDIT: I picked up a pair of Elan Boomerangs and am absolutely in love with them, so now I have zero need for these ski's, make me an offer as they won't get used by me.

PM me for more info

thanks,
    Josh
    Last edited by umdivx; 12-08-2010 at 10:58 AM. Reason: For sale again with lower price

I know this dude well, we ski together all the time and I was the one who told him to post these sticks here. So I'm vouching for him. If he jerks you around I will drive the two hours to his house and beat him up for you.

Bump.... Make me a reasonable offer and we can do business.

- Josh

Bump, Another ski season is upon us, looking for a good, cheap, used pair of ski's here you go.

-Josh
    12/04 days on snow: 5
    12/04 nights with Fonixmunkee's mom: far too many to count!

you get a chance to ride them in pow?

That is honestly all they've been ridden in. Go out to Utah two - three times a year and the only time I brought them out was when we were skiing bowls and powder runs.

They float pretty well, not as well as the boomerangs (122 under foot) but the 99 under foot of the 999's are wide enough to pow ski any day of the week.

-Josh

Hi, I have a few questions about these bas boys. Photos ? I am looking to possible add a PNW powder/chunky snow ski. I only have used race specific skis for the last 20 years so my knowledge and experience of what is most common on this site is limited. Just looking for a ski that actually floats and turns well in 10 inches of cement. My current skis are 175 skicross and a 165 slalom ski. I ma interested but your comment about being unhappy with it due to you being a carving guy is sort of questioning these a bit for me.
    best way to reply is to my e-mail dukoh@aeimaging.com. I look here some but never post anything.

thanks,
    Duk
    Portland, Oregon

ask and you shall receive....

Do these have any ability to carve a GS type turn ? My days on the hill are limited these days and I'm looking for a ski to use on days when we have newer/new slush/crud/powder in one day as well as a few groomers. It looks like these have a turn radius of 31 ? Just out of curiosity what is your go to ski and how do these compare ? Sorry about all the questions, just trying to gauge the skis a bit.

and some of the superficial stuff:

The Top Sheet:

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    My current skis are 175 skicross and a 165 slalom ski. I ma interested but your comment about being unhappy with it due to you being a carving guy is sort of questioning these a bit for me.
    best way to reply is to my e-mail dukoh@aeimaging.com. I look here some but never post anything.

Honestly I don't know of any ski that will ski the slushy crud, gotta have lots of legs for that kind of skiing. now getting into pow then these things are a dream. I just didn't like em on the groomers. I am a former slalom racer so my skiing type on groomers is fast and carving the whole way, these might do that, just not for me, turn radius was just too large.

Do these have any ability to carve a GS type turn ? My days on the hill are limited these days and I'm looking for a ski to use on days when we have newer/new slush/crud/powder in one day as well as a few groomers. It looks like these have a turn radius of 31 ? Just out of curiosity what is your go to ski and how do these compare ? Sorry about all the questions, just trying to gauge the skis a bit.
    They ski like a GS ski yes, just not a slalom ski, no short turns with these ski's.

My go to ski are my boomerangs now. they've got a 21 turn radius, ski like they are a 174, because of the tip/tail rocker and reverse camber.

-Josh

BUMP.... Make me an offer on these