Thumbs up Nor Cal Mags: Oak Fire BBQ - Auburn, CA

Since there's no skiing (or riding) in Tahoe, I've been doing some riding in Auburn and stumbled on this relatively new place over the weekend.

Oak Fire BBQ - on Hwy 49 at Bell Road. I knew this place was gonna be good when we pulled in and parked next to a hot smoker right out front in the lot. Aside from Smokey's Kitchen in Truckee, it's the only place in the vicinity I can think of where you can get good BBQ like beef brisket, trip tip, BBQ chicken, pulled pork, etc.... Food was good, they have a large bar, pool table, lots of beers on tap, and looks like they will be having some live music in there once in a while too on weekends.

Anyways...not sure if I would make a special trip to Auburn just for it, but definitely worth a stop if you are in town or heading up/down the mountain.

http://oakfirebbq.com/index.html

Looks like it's about 3 miles north of 80, just south of where Bell Rd (a.k.a. the Bowman exit) hits 49. A little off the beaten path, but triangulatable.

Cool beans.
    not counting days 2016-17

It's only a 5 minute detour off 80 - just take Bell Road, turn left and you can't miss it.

The pulled pork was pretty darn good - wasn't quite mind blowing, but it was solid Q. I'd like to try some of their other offerings someday...

-jm