Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    good Jackson stoke going on here...check out this one of JK backflipping Fat Bastard
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots

Quote Originally Posted by Huckwheat View Post
    That section in Soul Sessions Epic Impressions is so rad! Seth is like 18, he sends it once and bumps the lower tier (by accident), then sends is again and just clears!!

What about Dead End Chutes? Isnt that a classic big air at the butte? Any photos of that bad boy?
    The segment you're talking about is Seth pointing it from Million Dollar and airing all of the edge (2nd time). But the Fredo's huck is at about the same time.

Dead End happens a fair bit, but the landing is a bit flat off the high point, so more often it gets skied more techy-style to smaller airs. Gets hit in the comps a fair bit though, off the top.

Quote Originally Posted by gregb2212 View Post
    What about insomniac? does that get hit often?
    yup it sure does...along with it's cousin claustrophobia.
    why make ten turns when you only need to make NONE!

DAMN! Some of you fools SEND IT! This thread = the shit.
    Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    Lolo's Leap
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

I know a lot has changed in the 18 years since I left Squaw, but Adrenaline Rock is NOT a classic air. It is a torture device for unsuspecting first year wannabe huckers (I still feel that damn thing in my knees). Flat landings =/= classic

Quote Originally Posted by ski_pdx View Post
    ^^^ we always called that Neck Breaker, don't know why. that pic is on a deep year, does it no justice. the lower rock is a 20 footer right now (fully buried in that pic). saw it doubled last year and last week watched a huge floaty 3 get too far rotated. also know a guy who broke his back off it. i guess it is as close as Oregon gets to "classic big air." yeah, Rams Head (small though) and 55 at skibowl.
    Yeah, I've been known to tap the lip and double it when it's deep. I stand corrected when I said it was a heavy snow pack as the other pic shows it about as covered as I have seen.

These meadows cliffs are so small compared to some of these classics, but regardless you can send Oh Fuck a good 60 feet depending on time of year.

Just trying to see if the below are recognizable names to the Meadows folk. There are some others at Meadows that I know as (heights give or take some depending on snowpack):

-China Bowl (25 ft)- stares at you right when getting off the Mt Hood Express lift
    -Upper Elavator Band (20-40 ft)
    -Death (25-30 ft)- Fat to flat nestled in the trees skiers right of the rocky run next to Powder Keg
    -Waterfall (15 ft)- Across the run (skiers left) from Death
    -Roach Bowl (20-25 ft) - can send this one large though
    -3 and a half (numerous lines) - in between 3 and 4 bowl
    -Upper Launch Pad and Lower Launchpad (lower is more of a launch off small cliff) - on 4 and half bowl
    -S&R Cliffs - In the private researve
    -Picnic Rock - Hike from HRM trail
    -Granite Rock - Hike from HRM trail w/ runout issues
    Last edited by klauss; 12-03-2009 at 01:53 PM.

VC is offline Calmer then you are Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by guermo View Post
    Marhanka's
    Don't quite know if thats a classic cliff, doesn't really see that much action at all. The only cliff at alpine I can think of is Our Father.

anyone got shots of george's rock at stevens? always looked at it but never seen it hit, pretty flat landing but could be sent 60+ for sure. and that double stage as a single at jackson is BURLY, holy shit
    i shred the gnar

Quote Originally Posted by skibum193 View Post
    and that double stage as a single at jackson is BURLY, holy shit
    Yup, and on tele's no less.

Quote Originally Posted by skibum193 View Post
    anyone got shots of george's rock at stevens? always looked at it but never seen it hit, pretty flat landing but could be sent 60+ for sure. and that double stage as a single at jackson is BURLY, holy shit
    Erik you got the photo of your prof pic?... thats about as classic an air as colorado has within the I-70 corridor
    Last edited by levistewart; 12-03-2009 at 04:39 PM.
    fuck it

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    I-70 Corridor? here is me sending it off one of Vail's finest. Mushroom Bowl is a good spot to giv'er
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Off the King at Crystal:
    Josh at last springs comp:
    That is just sketch and huge. The chocolate chips surfacing skiers right. Would have been a stinger given the 180 hip check.

And that vid clearing the double stager takes it to another level. The mayhem that could have happened if he just bumped/grazed the top of the second take off..

Quote Originally Posted by stomp View Post
    I'll kick it off with Air Jordan off Peak Chair in Whistler...a double drop named after the ski instructor that dropped it first. As far as I know he still works for the mountain.
    Air Jordan was named after Jordan Williams, an ex-ski racer, now ski coach and Whistler legend. I don't think he's ever worked for the mountain... but he definitely dropped it to impress a lady friend.

".. but he definitely dropped it to impress a lady friend.[/QUOTE]

did it work?
    one step forward, no step backward

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Mt_Dreamin View Post
    DAMN! Some of you fools SEND IT! This thread = the shit.
    X2.

I know people here bring it, but fuck me I thought I was decent up in the mountains compared to most... not now. Now I feel like the bottom quartile.
    "No avy training but I've watched K2 so many times I think I know what to look for." -JoeStrummer

Quote Originally Posted by 10% Groomed View Post
    Funny...that was the first cliff I ever hit. I had just gotten into big mountain skiing. Bought a pair of Line Motherships, my first "fat" skis. It was my spring break trip in 2006, and it had just about the same amount of coverage. I was up there for like 15 minutes before I finally sent it.

Funny people mention Alta, but no talk about cliffs at the Bird. Femur Rock? Broom Closet? King Kong? I think those are all classic hits at the Bird.

Here is Kenjiro Matsuo going HUGE at the US Freeskiing Nationals at the Bird, going massive off Femur Rock a week after the last storm, so it was pretty firm.

Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

Quote Originally Posted by tex1230 View Post
    I know a lot has changed in the 18 years since I left Squaw, but Adrenaline Rock is NOT a classic air. It is a torture device for unsuspecting first year wannabe huckers (I still feel that damn thing in my knees). Flat landings =/= classic
    So, I both agree and disagree.

Torture Device - Yes.
    --but took me until my 6th season to hit.....but that picture is the one and only (it did frickin hurt me).
    Classic - also Yes.

Classic doesnt mean it is the best hit on the mountain (many of those are hidden and more secret), classic means under the chair, has a name, you gotta at least do it once (because after all, it is CLASSIC).

If you polled 100 Squaw skiers and asked to call out a cliff with a name at Squaw, most would come up with Adrenaline.
    Donjoy to the World!

Quote Originally Posted by VC View Post
    Don't quite know if thats a classic cliff, doesn't really see that much action at all. The only cliff at alpine I can think of is Our Father.
    High Yellow Cliffs, definitely on my list:

((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

right at the lights, straight on till night
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    Air Jordan was named after Jordan Williams, an ex-ski racer, now ski coach and Whistler legend. I don't think he's ever worked for the mountain... but he definitely dropped it to impress a lady friend.
    thanks i'll edit that in to the original post.
    when everything in the world is at its darkest, it takes a big man to kick back and party.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Not "hudge" like some of the Kirkwood airs, but here's a couple shots of Loveland airs:

Adam off Patrol Rock:

agreed, by no means giant, but fun and certainly a classic. The fact that patrol can only be hit 4 weeks a year (before it is buried by wind loading) further endears it

moar angles:

Last edited by nick > jesus; 12-03-2009 at 05:18 PM.
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

Front flip was insane sickness!
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    -China Bowl (25 ft)- stares at you right when getting off the Mt Hood Express lift
    -Upper Elavator Band (20-40 ft)
    -Death (25-30 ft)- Fat to flat nestled in the trees skiers right of the rocky run next to Powder Keg
    -Waterfall (15 ft)- Across the run (skiers left) from Death
    -Roach Bowl (20-25 ft) - can send this one large though
    -3 and a half (numerous lines) - in between 3 and 4 bowl
    -Upper Launch Pad and Lower Launchpad (lower is more of a launch off small cliff) - on 4 and half bowl
    -S&R Cliffs - In the private researve
    -Picnic Rock - Hike from HRM trail
    -Granite Rock - Hike from HRM trail w/ runout issues
    haha, that is a cool list. i have to say that none of them are probably classics to anyone but you, me, and like two other guys on this forum.

I was going to say angry chair at bridger, but already mentioned (with video).

anyway, seconded

Quote Originally Posted by njfreeskier View Post
    Funny...that was the first cliff I ever hit. I had just gotten into big mountain skiing. Bought a pair of Line Motherships, my first "fat" skis. It was my spring break trip in 2006, and it had just about the same amount of coverage. I was up there for like 15 minutes before I finally sent it.
    Nice. I would probably consider that my first cliff too. Nothing like some of the other drops in this thread, but you can make a good huck out of the wind lip that forms between the trees. Classic on Hood given the visibility from the lift.

Got any idea what this one is? I think it is the top of Roach Bowl. Boarder is taking the short hop off and I don't have a better picture showing the rest of the band.