Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Holy meatbombs!

Anyone know where the pics are of DanTheMan airing all of Bad News @ Alta?? Thats pretty damn impressive.

nice...

anyone have footage of gaffneys at bp they can share?

^^^ Not footage but here is Stihletto on Gaffney's

Irreplicability in Professionalismness

Damn this one still gets me
    "Hospital Air" Kirkwood
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6vjZitlI6M"]YouTube- Ron Shevock "Hospital Air" 3-16-06, Kirkwood, CA[/ame]
    Snow Flake Killer

^^me too, I don't have the balls to look off that thing. That was some crazy shit
    Hello darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by Nuthon View Post
    Damn this one still gets me
    "Hospital Air" Kirkwood
    I think that Kush dropped this bad mfer! and moved to tahoe hey let me stay on your couch in late febrauary... peace

o anyone have footage of the drop that is the nose of far skiers left in alta negative, the one the guy dropped 2 years ago , then dropped a week later and broke his leg maybe? that a crazy one
    "I think people resist freedom because they're afraid of the unknown. But it's ironic....That unknown was once very well known. It's where our souls belong....The only solution is to confront them--confront yourself--with the greatest fear imaginable. Expose yourself to your deepest fear. After that, fear has no power, and fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." -Jim Morrison

Anyone have video of someone sending it straight off the nose of Pyramid Rock in Breck's Lake Chutes? It only gets hit a couple times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpentele View Post
    No footage either, but here's a different angle of Gaffney's. Hit it after a nice April dump last spring.

Someone should get the footage of the Lincoln Loop and a half off an 80 footer during the 2009 Crystal Mountain Silver King Freeride.
    That was crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

In addition to Hospital Air, which has been hit by a total of four people, Big Jim's at Kirkwood is a classic that gets a bit more action, depending on the season.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    In addition to Hospital Air, which has been hit by a total of four people, Big Jim's at Kirkwood is a classic that gets a bit more action, depending on the season.
    Suzie. LBD 2009. Classic!
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    I love bar talk topics like this

I'd actually argue that Hospital Air isn't really a "classic" big air at Kirkwood. If something has only been hit 4 times, with the first time only as recently as 2001 and then not again until 2006 then I'm not sure it's a classic. Something else maybe...but Big Jim's has been getting hit for a much longer time and still doesn't go down in some years. Same thing with Heart Chute. I'd say Big Jim's and Heart Chute, and heck maybe even Kodak as it's where nearly everyone goes on a pow day, are more "classic" airs at Kirkwood than Hospital. This is all open to interpretation of course and this is just my humble opinion.

There's lots of other 'big' airs around the mountain too...like Tremann's (sickbird Kush launching the whole thing last year), and Big Danger, and Hot Tub airs. But I'm not sure they're 'classic' either...more obscure and nutball

Hospital -

Big Jim's -

I'm surprised that no one from Squaw (so many classic airs there's a book) or Mammoth (Balls perhaps?) have chimed in yet.

EDIT to add: That Bridger air posted in the video a few posts up is sick!
    Last edited by Tyrone Shoelaces; 12-01-2009 at 12:08 AM.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Quote Originally Posted by Humble View Post
    o anyone have footage of the drop that is the nose of far skiers left in alta negative, the one the guy dropped 2 years ago , then dropped a week later and broke his leg maybe? that a crazy one
    Conor Horigan. I remember seeing the big rock in the bombhole, and him walking into the shop on crutches a few days later.

Conor in JH Freeskiing Open 2007, 2:27

Where's the euro love? Or is hucking more a US [edit]and/ or Canada[/edit] thing?
    Last edited by Tectonically_Neglected; 12-01-2009 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonically_Neglected View Post
    Where's the euro love? Or is hucking more a US thing?
    Whistler isnt in US.. yet.

Throwing some squaw footage in for good measure.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIKhbc_-jmM"]YouTube- Fingers Race Squaw Valley USA[/ame]

Palisades after about 3:20

Quote Originally Posted by imadoofus View Post

YouTube- Fingers Race Squaw Valley USA

Oh man, I remember that video from the LINE website a few years ago. Awesome stuff. Thanks for posting it again!

YouTube- Fingers Race Squaw Valley USA

Oops sorry. i just throw you guys on one big giant heap

Changed it for ya though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpentele View Post
    nice...

Not exactly big air, but I wonder where would skiers be without Stein Ericksen doing flips nearly 60 years ago?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqjnOOedgtM"]YouTube- Stein Erickson ski jumping in Aspen (1962)[/ame]

Mike

PS - He's the last guy doing the full layout.
    Kneissl North America

Wow, great video. The double backs are sick at the end.

For the above Kirkwood posts, I always heard people went off of Hospitals, but never believed it and was too lazy to search for evidence. Crazy.
    "No avy training but I've watched K2 so many times I think I know what to look for." -JoeStrummer

Quote Originally Posted by hafilax View Post
    I've heard an urban myth that somebody doubled up Jordan top to bottom; no middle landing. Slinky maybe?

My first time up Whistler in 98 I saw a guy drop the big cliff above the Franz's goat path.

The most impressive line off of Jordan I've seen was the big drop in, straight line, perfect landing and then the guy went for an air over the trees below off a built up wind drift. Just clipped the top of a tree and went for a major spinner.
    that was mike douglas and its in one of the recent msp movies though i think the cut out the beater at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    I love bar talk topics like this

I'd actually argue that Hospital Air isn't really a "classic" big air at Kirkwood. If something has only been hit 4 times, with the first time only as recently as 2001 and then not again until 2006 then I'm not sure it's a classic. Something else maybe...but Big Jim's has been getting hit for a much longer time and still doesn't go down in some years. Same thing with Heart Chute. I'd say Big Jim's and Heart Chute, and heck maybe even Kodak as it's where nearly everyone goes on a pow day, are more "classic" airs at Kirkwood than Hospital. This is all open to interpretation of course and this is just my humble opinion.

There's lots of other 'big' airs around the mountain too...like Tremann's (sickbird Kush launching the whole thing last year), and Big Danger, and Hot Tub airs. But I'm not sure they're 'classic' either...more obscure and nutball
    My thoughts as well, hence why I pointed out that only four people have hit it, and why I mentioned Big Jim's instead.

Agree with you on all counts, would not consider Hospital a 'classic.'
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Some Squaw hits.....pulled from my photobucket.

The Gate off C2 (Alto from comp)

Becks

Christmas Tree air off Granite Peak - CP1 hitting it

Adrenaline Rock

Fortress in Silverado
    Last edited by Huckwheat; 12-01-2009 at 12:23 PM.
    Donjoy to the World!

Bad News?