Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I like lifts cause

But if you'll sherpa my bong and take me out of the sheeps pen I'll tune your skis.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    I've skied about 8 days on lifts in the past 16 years.
    On one of those 8 you almost ran into me cause you weren't looking where you were going, keep out of my resort!!!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I had fun ripping groomers watching you and stash work the chopper that day with Jay.
    That sucks that soli let him go. He is a good dude.
    But that's the sillytude way of doing things
    Oh and I dissagree you skied those dps 120's pretty damn well everytime I toured with you last season.
    Last edited by skifishbum; 12-03-2009 at 04:49 PM.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    On one of those 8 you almost ran into me cause you weren't looking where you were going, keep out of my resort!!!
    Well, like Yeti said, us trend following BC skiers are weak in the legs, so you can't expect us to really ski worth a shit. Not to mention, we aren't used to trying to avoid so many gapers standing around.

Are we done yet? This thread is now the typical 10 page Gaza drivel.

I'm ready to actually ski, and quit talking about it.

I wish we could ski track, but they haven't put in the lift yet. Soon though!

I'm ready to actually ski, and quit talking about it.
    Take that complaint up with god, or noaa. Same thing.

i heart Yeti and SFB.
    they used to be part of what made solitude truly sepcial, and now they are not.
    anyone who doesnt realize that means more than this expansion doesnt get it, solitude went down the tubes before this was ever proposed.

i wish you al could spend time on skis or off with either.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenwater View Post
    I wish we could ski track, but they haven't put in the lift yet. Soon though!
    Good point. Get a shovel and some bags of concrete and get to work, lazy asses. The ground might be a little frozen, perhaps next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    i heart Yeti and SFB.
    they used to be part of what made solitude truly sepcial, and now they are not.
    anyone who doesnt realize that means more than this expansion doesnt get it, solitude went down the tubes before this was ever proposed.

i wish you al could spend time on skis or off with either.
    Well then, see if I ski with you in a few weeks.

PS Bring me back my poles.

oh i will stil love a solisunday with you when I am back but life was better weh you would cross pathes with those 2 on th chairs on a regular basis...
    poles?
    bring me back my glass gift

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    bring me back my glass gift
    You'll need to speak to the jeans-wearing Solitude skier for that.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenwater View Post
    The race needs to be in silver fork, it is what is being discussed.

Yeti gets to ride the new lift they are putting in, chuter gets to use his skins, and I propose that I get into this race and have wasatch heli drop me off.

First one to make 5 laps takes all.
    Yeti get to ride the (unapproved, not yet developed) lift? Please explain the JONG logic in this.

Quote Originally Posted by stevey s View Post
    Yeti get to ride the (unapproved, not yet developed) lift? Please explain the JONG logic in this.
    Being that you're a JONG, you've already answered your own question.

This thread is dead.

But you tough guys on Collins won't ever ski this, coz when we're making turns down this, your sorry ass is just waking up from the last hangover and you're probably standing in a line 500 deep at Bralta. You can have your lifts, just keep them out of MY terrain. If a lift keeps more people inside the confines of the sheep pen, then I'm all for it, keep your lift and stay inside the pen. Too much wool runnin' around these parts as it is.

I'm just laughing because yetiman likes skiing icy bumps. why the fuck did you ever leave taos. poseur.
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

motor boat the moguls.

"a yin without a yang"

Well, like Yeti said, us trend following BC skiers are weak in the legs, so you can't expect us to really ski worth a shit.
    You are the real deal all the posers are posing as. They know all they have to do is XC ski on their dukes to some low angle hero snow and they get to claim to be what you really are.

I didn't really address that as well as I should have in my earlier post.

Clearly there are legions of skiers who tour and are the real deal (the SFB's and TH's of the world), but there's getting to be an awful lot of marginal skiers copping big attitudes of ubercore superiority claiming to be better than all the gapers at the resort because they can XC ski on dukes.

I like riding lifts. I don't need more lift served terrain. but I don't live in fanboys and momo land. But you have better snow, and better gear. anyway, a week after the pow under the lift is gone I guess you can ski the moguls in the trees or take a walk in the sun and snow and ski freshies. I'm not exactly sure what has to be all ubercore about it, but I'll take it over your speed metal any day.

"a yin without a yang"

Yeti, I think I just became the statistic. Although I've skied resort and bc for years and enjoyed both I don't have a pass this year and can't afford one. That leaves me the bc, and I hate to see more of that become pay to play (since I can't pay). I guess if I could afford the fuel I could just drive to bfe Idaho like you suggest.

Although it probably doesn't matter since I'm just one of those marginal skiers with a superiority complex.

Quote Originally Posted by the Mad View Post
    I'm just a poser.
    First year LCC.
    No, you're just an annoying transplant. There's a difference. sometimes.

"a yin without a yang"

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    You are the real deal all the posers are posing as. They know all they have to do is XC ski on their dukes to some low angle hero snow and they get to claim to be what you really are.

I didn't really address that as well as I should have in my earlier post.

Clearly there are legions of skiers who tour and are the real deal (the SFB's and TH's of the world), but there's getting to be an awful lot of marginal skiers copping big attitudes of ubercore superiority claiming to be better than all the gapers at the resort because they can XC ski on dukes.
    Just in case there is any confusion, I am not the real deal, and never claimed to be. I freely admit to never having skied the south face of superior, or anything on monte cristo . But I have skied the meadow chutes, and they are a great place for a poseur like me to ski. Honestly, if they were in a resort, I am not sure I would ski them that much, unless they were directly under a lift so everyone could watch me rip and see that I am wearing dukes and thus assume that I ski gnarly extreme terrain.

Huge props to Yeti for twisting so many panties by stating a known fact: there are lots of dopes who think that buying a pair of Dukes makes them a Straight Shooter.

TH, ZZZ, Mad - he was talking about a growing demographic of trendies, not everybody who tours. I often wonder how many pairs of Dukes have never left the ski area boundary.

give them jer.

"a yin without a yang"

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Huge props to Yeti for twisting so many panties by stating a known fact: there are lots of dopes who think that buying a pair of Dukes makes them a Straight Shooter.

To be StraightChuter you need Dynafits, really short and skinny skis, and a VO2 max somewhere around 90ml/kg/minute. Without that, you're just another wanker on Dukes.

Now that we have all the panties twisted in inappropriate directions, let's look at the weather. A low density storm is coming, then unsettled weather. Perhaps we might be skinning in the gnar of Silver Fork next week, or maybe lapping Collins. We'll see.........

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Yeti, I think I just became the statistic. Although I've skied resort and bc for years and enjoyed both I don't have a pass this year and can't afford one. That leaves me the bc, and I hate to see more of that become pay to play (since I can't pay). I guess if I could afford the fuel I could just drive to bfe Idaho like you suggest.

Although it probably doesn't matter since I'm just one of those marginal skiers with a superiority complex.
    I didn't say "everyone who tours does so because they suck at skiing"....

^^^but you did say all snowboarders are poseurs and that you like icy bumps. just so we are clear.

"a yin without a yang"