Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum
    THERE ARE NO CHUTES IN THE MEADOWS.
    I trolled and caught a fisherman? Unsatisfying. Throwing him back.

Happy thankgiving D.

they have been eying this for years
    wolvie is next.
    calling many things in both canyons BC is a stretch..
    be interesting how they manage this...
    and I cant wait for both sides to exagerate and take completely assinine stances ignoring the middle ground that could work here.

funny how many people who are against any expansion in UT, etc point to the wonderful Euro model.
    love to see all 4+ canyons linked with minimum lifts and maximum touring options

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    calling many things in both canyons BC is a stretch..
    You can call it side or slackcountry, but I consider any terrain not avvy controlled, BC and treat it as such, including resorts pre and post season
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I've been skiing Silver Fork for 35 years without a lift. Seems to work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    You can call it side or slackcountry, but I consider any terrain not avvy controlled, BC and treat it as such, including resorts pre and post season
    of ccourse and you know I agree,
    but BC to me is real touring and quiet
    the numbers up and around BCC my last few years were blowing my mind
    & HELL

the way morons are charging out inot the side country these days I think this may save a few lives in the long run

\odd to see DD referred to as resort owner

I too miss the old A frame days...
    hell I miss the old Inn days

A step closer to the Flagstaff-Solitude connect. A lift up Grizzly just wouldn't be enough...

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Hey, if you want to give up more open land so a few people can make a bunch of money off your land, go ahead. Just don't bitch to me when they want to charge you $2000 for a season pass, day passes are $100, and you can't afford it. You can always drive up to Idaho to get a few laps in.
    Agreed.
    And Yeti, I used to have the exact same opinion as you. I was wrong. I'd love to have a season with you to try and change your mind.

^^^ I tried I got him to booter up for some goods a few times but Dude loves to ski and rips following him and trying to emulate his style made me a better skier.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    This is going to happen one day. Except it won't be all four resorts, it will be 6.

Even better.

I can buy into arguments on both sides of the issue here. However, the long term reality is that the Valley population is going to continue to grow. I'm not a proponent of growth for growth's (or profit's) sake, but regardless of the reasons for it, that is the reality. LCC resorts are already crowded, and whether it's true now or not, Soli & Brighton will eventully be crowded as well. Expansion will happen at some point in the future, as the arguments for it will only get stronger. Do you allow expansion on adjacent property or allow a new resort somewhere else?

The best option is probably to grant some type of expansion now with strong limitations on future expansion agreed upon by parties on both sides of the transaction.

I see a lot of arguments made by opposers stating that there is already enough ski area development and the existing undeveloped area should be protected for everybody's use/access. Seriously? Be honest: a lot of you really just want to preserve the convenience of having ample hike to terrain 30 mins from your doorstep. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just quit trying to pass it off as some holy crusade to save the wilderness. The fact that the acres available per BC skier is exponentially greater than the acres available per resort skier is a hard one to gain sympathy for outside of the choir, so find a better one.

There are enough defensible reasons to oppose development. Some of you need to grab on to one that is a little less self serving.

What's most ironic about all this is that the canyons are supposedly WATERSHED. So, if you have enough money, fuck all that. But if I bring my dog in the canyon, then that's a Class B Misdemeanor, $1,000 fine, 6 months in jail.

Funny shit, pun intended.

Where can our voices be heard? Enough with the expansion, I vote for contraction!

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    I kind of miss the old days the old A frame and thirsty squirrel, no season passes except employees and debenture investors. Back then it truely was solitude. Now if the lcc is closed there are lift lines and the people in em have alta stickers plastered on their gear Thank good for good bc access
    specially steep ones with cables and no fall zones.
    Spoken for truth!

Except for the part about no seasons for those few years. That was bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHunter View Post
    I see a lot of arguments made by opposers stating that there is already enough ski area development and the existing undeveloped area should be protected for everybody's use/access. Seriously? Be honest: a lot of you really just want to preserve the convenience of having ample hike to terrain 30 mins from your doorstep.
    No, I'm opposed to effectively being locked out of public land I like to recreate on and having to pay $$ to use it so some people can make a few bucks. Not every god damn thing has to be paved just because it's there.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Can we focus on stopping the Mormon expansion first.

Or give them Jer on a permanent basis. That would be fair.
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Cop View Post
    Can we focus on stopping the Mormon expansion first.

Or give them Jer on a permanent basis. That would be fair.
    No, fuck that, if it were not for the Mormons, this place would look like Denver. A total fucking shithole, the California of the mountain states.

Mormons!!!!!!!!! Ah fuck! Everybody run to ColoRADo!

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    People that have a bug up their ass about something like this SF expansion remind me of the douchebag "Friends Of.." groups who try to get mountainbikes kicked out of trails on the fringes of urban areas. NIMBY's. You want a wilderness experience? Go to a wilderness.
    It's not about being against expansion or having a wilderness experience(at least for me). A lift in there makes about as much sense as the new Powderhorn lift does. I would bet most of you wanting this lift don't even know what it looks like back in SF.
    Hell, I am a seasons pass holder at Soli(so in theory I would benefit as much or more so than you,but don't see the benefit) and I like touring and I think this is stupid

Like Sfotex said, the only people to benefit are the people that are going to charge you more for tickets and you fuckers that are to lazy to traverse/hike for a shorter time that it takes you to wait in the lift line at your beloved Alta!

Why would there be a need for more terrain when it already takes quite a bit of time for them to open the terrain they already have and then keep it open until they close for the season(not counting control work)! And this isn't a knock on the snow safety crew, those guys are top notch!

sorry trackhead, It doesn't keep the retarts out^^^, just the good green.
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

I've got a pretty good idea what it looks like in Silver Fork, which is why I can't fucking wait for the lifts to be built.

I'm probably your "typical" resort skier. I'm not big on hiking for hours for a few turns, I like spinning laps. Like it or not, there are a lot more of us "resort" skiers than the BC hardcores. Like it or not, we also pay the bills for the industry. Like it or not, the "industry" is indeed what it is.

Resort skiing keeps a lot of people working in this state, as such it will always trump any other uses in the canyons. Remember the vacant lot you used to play in as a kid, or the forest around the corner? If you're like most people, those lots or forests are now houses or lost to what you remember them as. Such is life, capitalism will move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    1)

=

=

=

=

2)

Good progression in your choice of photos.

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post

Is that really me FKNA I was slaying it that day.

I'm sure one of these blackdot scrubbing bubbles is a maggot
    If you only ski in places that have lifts you're sure missing some amazing/skiing and places.
    On theother hand nothing makes you a better skier than skiing lifts alow you to ski more.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Good progression in your choice of photos.
    thanks. I'm straight killing it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Resort skiing keeps a lot of people working in this state, as such it will always trump any other uses in the canyons. Remember the vacant lot you used to play in as a kid, or the forest around the corner? If you're like most people, those lots or forests are now houses or lost to what you remember them as. Such is life, capitalism will move forward.
    Mineral mining provides $3 billion to the state economy, so we should really open the mines back up if we want the best bang for the buck.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

^^^ If you have a 'pretty good idea' then you know it is a bunch of short shots with a long run out. And you are going to have to traverse all over the fuck anyway. And the Meadows are fucked as soon as the sun pops out. And you would also know that it doesn't take 'hours for a few turns'. Keep spinning your laps, no one begrudges you that. I like it too, that is why I also have a pass. Not comparing numbers of skiers on resort or bc side of things and personally could care the fuck less about that shit. The resorts will still 'pay the bills for the industry' and won't go out of business because they don't have a lift in Silver.