Off Piste in Europe

Right I have a week booked off work in mid Feb and want to go to a resort in europe that has amazing off piste is not too expensive (I want flights from UK and accommodation to come to no more than around £500) apres would be nice but not essential and I want to avoid the big French resorts as I have skied them all, any Ideas?
    I don't advise a haircut, man. All hairdressers are in the employment of the government. Hairs are your aerials. They pick up signals from the cosmos, and transmit them directly into the brain. This is the reason bald-headed men are uptight.

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    Quote Originally Posted by LDNSKIER View Post
    Right I have a week booked off work in mid Feb and want to go to a resort in europe that has amazing off piste is not too expensive (I want flights from UK and accommodation to come to no more than around £500) apres would be nice but not essential and I want to avoid the big French resorts as I have skied them all, any Ideas?
    Pennsylvania, they have the gnar gnar i have been told
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

La Grave, Vaujany, Serre Chevalier?

Cheap flights with Swiss from City Airport to Lucerne which is a short train ride to Engelberg.
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

La Mongie

From what I've investigated recently it's got a top snow record, extensive terrain and is definitely not in the same league price wise as the alps. Loads of flights from the UK to Lourdes, Pau or Toulouse

Lenzerheide, Davos or anywhere else in Switzerland with stay a youth hostel
    let there be drums...

Hey post stoke / pictures of naked sister or gf

mid february = carnival holidays, ie a disaster. lotta people everywhere
    next time think about avoiding carnival in yurp

are there any other countrys beside france and switzerland?

Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    Yep, there's Scotland. And Sheffield Ski Village, although I heard the off-piste there gets tracked pretty fast. Don't think there are any other countries though.

Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_countries]There are lots of countries[/ame]

I would try Turkey for mid February. Scrub my previous suggestions as the French school holidays will make things far too expensive in France and there are no other suitable countries in the Eurozone.

Fly to Antalya and take your touring gear in order to schralp the untracked Turkish mountains that are full of eastern promise.
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletizer View Post
    Yep, there's Scotland. And Sheffield Ski Village, although I heard the off-piste there gets tracked pretty fast. Don't think there are any other countries though.
    What's wrong with Scotland!? Ok don't answer...

Does it count as Euro? Was thinking I might put some pics up in Snow for Euros thread if I do anything worthwhile this winter, so long as that's ok with you senior Euro Mags. Don't think Scotland justifies it's own thread although I'm sure some may beg to differ?!

Try Dolomites (Val Badia, Val Gardena, Val di Fassa) in Italy or St.Anton am Arlberg in Austria (Innsbruck airport at about 1,00 hr) the very best of freeriding ski!

Try Gressoney in Italy. Stay at the Hotel Dufour in Gressoney La Trinite. Family that owns the hotel runs a guide service so they can hook you up with a guide or point you to the best snow. Never uber crowded. Reasonably priced for what you get vs. any other place in Europe. Huge area/vertical. Unlimited off piste in the Monte Rosa ski area.....Champoluc/Gressoney/Alagna.

Quote Originally Posted by Choucas View Post
    Family that owns the hotel runs a guide service so they can hook you up with a guide or point you to the best snow. Never uber crowded. Reasonably priced for what you get vs. any other place in Europe. Huge area/vertical. Unlimited off piste in the ski area.....
    so hmmmm.. about which resort are you talking? could be any resort, besides chamonix, verbier and st.anton

btw: on the left sidebar you find a map with most resorts: http://www.bergfex.com/