Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bump, North is sickitysick
    "...but I come from no country, from no city, no tribe. I am the son of the road, my country is the caravan, my life the most unexpected of voyages".-Leo Africanus

very nice film indeed.
    I thought it looked like some of these guys were riding DPS.... my suspicions were confirmed when a still of the film at 19:23

is compared to the picture in this thread
    [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157095"]DPS lotus 138 F3/R3 192cm mounting point/sorta review - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

Isnt the Drake from DPS in North? I thought it was following him and Oskar enandar. (dunno about the spelling of that last name)

Hello Milifiger...
    I visited this link. Its really amazing i must tell..
    Well done dude..
    Thanks for sharing the link..

scaricare Solo un padre

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Isnt the Drake from DPS in North? I thought it was following him and Oskar enandar. (dunno about the spelling of that last name)
    yep also a shot of the DPS trailer on there as well...
    "...but I come from no country, from no city, no tribe. I am the son of the road, my country is the caravan, my life the most unexpected of voyages".-Leo Africanus

To answer El Chup's earlier question:

DVD Flick (www.dvdflick.net) is your friend ...

Quote Originally Posted by Maco View Post
    Here's one Austrian project!

YouTube- "Made in Austria" Trailer
    I enjoyed that a lot especially since I recognized quite a few locations.
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

North. Download. Seriously.

Thanks for getting the word out about the lesser publicized stuff, Evil.

hope denver's treating you well. haven't seen you since Beaver Creek with Blurry and friends.

Still recall how you had some of the finest most balanced and dialed John Tremann-esque all-tucked-up and-compact form in the air when taking this spine line we all mucked around on. Like a freakin cat.

Hope you're remembering to get on the other side of that camera often enough. cheers.

North downloaded. . . many thanks.
    scroll to "Buy DVD", very bottom of page http://bhandf.com/bhandf%202008/longform.htm I do not work for Bill, just dig his work.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. (It) is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. . .There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so. . .people won't feel insecure around you. . . -Williamson

whos ripped this to dvd. any suggestions, my software sucks

This needs to be at the top. I would venture to say that North is one of the better ski films I've seen in the last 5 years. The cinematography is crisp. It lacks the bullshit narrative that some ski films have clung to.

Silent killer.

The Kids Are Alright - I ripped to DVD today, used the Any Video Converter, which makes it into a .mov file. From there all you need to do is burn it like a regular DVD.

Enjoy.

Thumbs up

That was a sweet video! Well worth twenty minutes of your day.

Thanks T. Im working on a ski movie video awards show and I get stuff from everywhere, some good, some bad. I thought that North's free download was just too good to be unknown and that this community would support this guy and his obvious talent at capturing some really beautiful skiing. I only wish he had a paypal donation button set up on there so he can recoup some $ and make another one this year. Or I hope he has something in the works to continue filming.

And T, that was a great few seasons I got to play in the mountains with you and the crew. Unfortunately, I don't get to ski with blurry and friends as much as I would like to, but whenever snows come around I do ditch everything to enjoy it. Im hoping to revisit being tucked up while flying through the air again as soon as possible. Where are you these days?

wow the north project was an incredible movie. a lot of respect for all the films posted, so hard to get everything together even to make an edit, let alone a movie. thanks for the posts

^^^ BUMP ^^^
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#/p...6359765?ref=ts

For those who use facebook. Here is a european girls movie project. I'm excited to see what comes out of this. Sweet girls and good skiers.

It's in three parts. I can pretty much promise you that no one has heard of this:

http://www.youtube.com/user/wahpowpr.../1/zQmk3gKX8pE

^^^^ good one

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    Great find.
    I dug the fly through of the topo map labelled with the names of ski lines.
    Hangover helper, etc.
    Yep. Me too. That was sick.

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    The North Project looks worthy, I´ll have to watch it later!

I don´t know how good Field Production´s distribution is in NA, but their new flick was pretty much great - decent mix of big mountain, straight pillow killing and urban jibs. It´s called Eyes Wide Open, and I strongly suggest to watch this if it shows up in your town (or buy the DVD).

www.fieldproductions.com
    Definitely my favourite ski film of last year, and got some nice additions to my music collection out of it as well.

Pretty stunning. The femme'y snow-ball toss @ 14:00 was an artistic touch probably best left on the cutting-room floor, but my god....beautiful! Who doesn't want to go to AK after watching this???
    Fuckin' shit up since 1964

This is 99% jibbing..but these guys have had alot of international attention (in the new school scene at least). If you like "Think Thank" like approach in skiing, check these out.

Some of the stunts/little jibs are pretty hilarious and creative. I think this kind of attitude is really good for skiing in general...

"Average summit heights are around 1000m to 1200m but on the high glaciers of the main Lyngen Peninsula there are summits over 1400m with Jiehkkevarri being the highest at 1834m above sea level."

I am going to say Signatures by Sweetgrass Productions. If you can tolerate that it's japanese audio with subtitles. Fantastic filming, all people powered backcountry. Good soundtrack. Winner of the X-Dance film festival last year but still an unknown movie.

http://www.sweetgrass-productions.com/index_en.html
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com