WTR(ent) Car in Denver xmas - january 10

Hey Front Range people,

I'm coming in with my brother for the yearly ski vacation (only time he has off days unfortunately) and Priceline is going for about 4x the usual rate this holiday season.

Usually the baseline car is about $10-12 a day, and you get a late model mini SUV 4WD.

We can't afford (or stomach) to pay $40+/day and wouldn't mind craigslisting up a rideshare and using the bus, but if anyone is seriously interested in renting a car for a few hundredish dollars we would be willing to work something out.

Obviously, the biggest headache is what would happen if there was an accident, and we'd have to talk about that. We're both safe drivers, but I would assume that there'd have to be some liability insurance type stuff and I'm not sure how that would play out.

But, we're not coming in to drink and drive, just to get over to Eagle county every few days and home again. It would probably total about 400 miles of driving.

Let me know if you got something working, reasonably safe, etc and maybe we can come up with a dollar amount.

Thanks!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Driving this up to the top.

Someone knows somebody that has an extra car, will be on vacation, or could use some spending money. I really don't want to ride the bus again,
    will consider a snowmobile and tow cables or snowcat as well.

posting again, hoping for a subaru legacy with lots of miles and character.

What are you offering to pay?

Average cost for operating a vehicle is upwards of 50 cents/mile.
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

thinking around $750

stick drivers?
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

both of us....

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    you are willing to pay 750, but aren't willing to stomach 40/a day for a rental?
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

nah, that's just some faulty math. my bad, it's getting late.
    I am serious about coming up with something, but I'm signing off for tonight so I don't bury myself.

15 days is a bit more than 750 from the mainstream rental places.....
    What were you thinking about and what do you have?

I'm also happy to take this to PM tomorrow if anyone has an extra car.

FYI, if you've got a Costco membership - you might find 25-40% off the rental car prices if you check costcotravel.com -

did this for our summer vacay (10 days, including the 4th of July) because Priceline wasn't giving me much at the time either either, and some additional perks were included like an upgrade / no additional driver charge depending on the car rental outfit.

saved about $200.
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

I dunno if you're checking rates for DIA only, but the consensus seems to be that the rates offered by rental car locations that are not inside DIA are significantly cheaper. Check out Enterprise. They have an office in Aurora about 12 minutes from DIA that we've used before for rentals. The cab costs about $20 each way but the rates are more in line with what you are looking for.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

^^^+1

My family would always fly into Colorado Springs when comming out to visit for specifically that reason. Prices were infinately cheaper down there than in Denver.
    "Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."

My Flickr Photostream

Thanks for the tips, I'll definitely check them out.