Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 333skis.com

333skis.com

The mods/admin have decided that the Original Poster of the original 333 skis thread has the right to delete it. So I myself was looking foreward to some reviews on the skis themselves. The Gist

Michael Lish started a website www.333skis.com where he and a small team of interns build custom dimension one off skis. Their factory is a trailer constructed from reclaimed materials and all skis are made with a minimal impact on the enviornment due to the use of a honda power inverter and solar power.

222 test skis are essentialy test skis built with a clear wood tops and no graphics packages which cost $222 a poor mans wage, while 333skis have graphics and cost $333 a working mans wage.

The warrenty is subject to speculation at this point but was originaly stated as 2 years with a full return policy for 333 skis and 1 year against defect for 222 skis. Many Mags placed orders, and it is only fair to have an opportunity for all to see how the Michael Lish / 333 skis saga plays out. No matter what is posted in here I the original poster will never take this post down.

So please continue to discuss and someone post a TR or review on theese boards so we can all decide for ourselves how to proceed

Thanks wheels! I know I was not the only one enjoying the original thread.

Personally I'd love to see more pics from folks who've recently gotten their skis and I can't wait to hear from folks who've actually skied them.

Let me be the first to give a to all those who will surely come in here with a bunch of useless opinionated BS.

would it be fair to ask you to delete this thread and repost in tech talk where it belongs?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

^^that just knocked the wind out of the sails

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    would it be fair to ask you to delete this thread and repost in tech talk where it belongs?
    he's got a point, if you want to do it right. its an easy fix.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

If it's to be a pure review thread, then it belongs in tech talk. But if this thread is about the company, their business model, etc, then it seems like it's fine here.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    If it's to be a pure review thread, then it belongs in tech talk. But if this thread is about the company, their business model, etc, then it seems like it's fine here.

The original thread was here so I will leave it, as its not so much a review thread but more about how the 333skis saga continues... this could revolutionize how we all buy skis, If sucessful all ski manufacturers will have to step up their game

Link to the TelemarkTips equivalent to the original TGR thread: http://telemarktalk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=57086
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I think the premise and the idea are fantastic, I can't wait to hear how the skis ride!

Although all has run smoothly up to this point, I can pretty much guarantee there will be bugs. Here's to hoping that Michael can work them out and maintain his sanity in the meantime. Best of luck brotha.

Oh yeah, and here's to fucking Cummerteeth's mom. Macho style.

Now about Wheels' avatar... Dare I ask?
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

To respond to the thread starter dude.I could
    give a fuck
    what you do with your thread. You start it you own it. Have fun. Just don't waste
    my time whining about moderation. Moderate yourself.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

^^^^^^Now that is why I love this place

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    Quote Originally Posted by TGR420 View Post
    give a fuck
    what you do with your thread. You start it you own it. Have fun. Just don't waste
    now just what fucking kind of fucking customer service is that bullshit answer? i DEMAND better service and moderation for the price i have paid, I DEMAND IT!!! Expect to hear from my whiny ass every day until i deem my satisfaction has properly been warrantied
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I never posted in the original thread and I'm glad cause I hate when fuckers delete threads.
    Never been a fan of cap skis myself and always felt you get what you pay for so new skis for $333 probably aren't gonna be to sweet. I wish the dude the best to me it seems as though his youtube sideshow marketing is as important as actually producing product. Seems kind of like a big pipe dream.
    Fuck it though load that pipe up take another hit make another video and keep living the dream brother.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

you're not the kind of customer TGR is looking for. Or 333skis

Quote Originally Posted by dk_alaskan View Post
    now just what fucking kind of fucking customer service is that bullshit answer? i DEMAND better service and moderation for the price i have paid, I DEMAND IT!!! Expect to hear from my whiny ass every day until i deem my satisfaction has properly been warrantied
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

give a fuck
    Never gonna happen, I have no stake in this company and am nutral and open to all opinions

on that thought looks like Michael is trying to take his concept global

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzcu1J0bKcQ"]YouTube- 333 Satellites[/ame]

I missed out on the other thread, so I'm here for no particular reason other then to be part of this one.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

give a fuck
    Sorry, did I miss something? Did you get a PM from the OP Todd? I didn't really see where he's whining about moderation. Don't get me wrong please, I'm just curious is all.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I missed out on the other thread, so I'm here for no particular reason other then to be part of this one.
    Bummer, you missed a fairly epic thread. Hopefully this one goes somewhere. I there's some folks who got skis already- let's have those pictures back.

OK Wheels, enough with the onesey-twosey; Here's the YouTube 333 skis channel-

http://www.youtube.com/user/333skis

All of the videos are available there, AFAIK.

Cool way to get the skis you've always wanted but never seen...
    Last edited by TheDon; 11-17-2009 at 10:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

ok so if he now has 4 employees, how is he making any money on 333 dollar skis, or 222 dollar skis? The less expensive materials explanation made sense when it was just him, but now that he has to pay others, I can't imagine he's making any money. Are the employees even being paid?

I personally think the business aspect of the first thread was far more interesting than the skis itself. To see if someone can make money through building skis on solar power in the desert is a pretty cool thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Cool way to get the skis you've always wanted but never seen...
    Nice edit- I almost got you there

Quote Originally Posted by webboy View Post
    Nice edit- I almost got you there
    Ya I realized I shit the bed and went back after it, ha ha.
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Quote Originally Posted by todug27 View Post
    To see if someone can make money through building skis on solar power in the desert is a pretty cool thing.
    Except, where does he ski?