Broke a ski lately?

Or pulled out a binding? Just wondering... It doesn't seem to be happening as much nowadays.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Volkl Explosiv- bent one, but it did stick it straight into a tree at speed
    DPS Wailer 105- landed an air just in front of a windlip and snapped it infront of the toe

'it' still happens, and I really don't charge that hard comparatively, I'm just clumsy
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo

Broke my 09 192 Zealots two weeks ago at Kickinghorse. Delammed the tail and tore out the edge.

I was my own fault though, landing in the back seat onto a rock hidden right under the snow.

'Bent' not my '09 Prophet 100s at the end of last season. Actually looked like a pretty nice early rise tip, but had to send them back for warranty. Happened going fast through soft bumps, (big gs turns over them), and hit an icy one or a rock, ski flew off and flipped at least 20' up and when I recovered it it was bent.
    Been about 7 years since the last break though, although I went through 3 pairs that year. Last one snapped under the binding after 40'+ drop. Mind you I rarely go over 25' as I'm getting older now.

Yep. Was on an old pair of skis though.

Pulled out a heel of my old k2 fujatives, but the shop drilled on whole half a mm to wide and filled it in with P tex without telling me, the whole looked like an 8 instead of a 0, so I guess it was bound to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bridge View Post
    Pulled out a heel of my old k2 fujatives, but the shop drilled on whole half a mm to wide and filled it in with P tex without telling me, the whole looked like an 8 instead of a 0, so I guess it was bound to happen.
    They filled it with ptex?!
    I suppose pulling the cap off the epoxy, squeezing, and mixing was just too much work to fix their own screwup.
    Jebus.
    Now that's a shop worth going back to.

Stories like this about ski and bike shops are the reason I learn to do all my own work on my own stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.